4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Name this part!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2008, 03:32 AM
mylongvictor
5th Gear Member

Default Name this part!!!

Thisbundle of junkover here has beenbugging me before I deployed.... Any of yall have any ideas?

Its not connected to the A/C.... Or at least I don't think it is.... My A/C don't work anyway so I can't tell.... But I've unplugged it, plugged it back, I think I did it while the car was running.... (Not sure if it was the smartest thing) Nothing....

Old 07-29-2008, 03:53 AM
oxfordgt
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Name this part!!!

Looks like an autometer guage sensor.
Old 07-29-2008, 03:54 AM
03FstStngKB
2nd Gear Member

If I had to take a stab at it...it looks like an aftermarket oil?? sensor tee'd into a hose feeding into the egr valve?? and then going down somewhere where the picture doesn't show?? Where does that other part of the hose go to that runs down past the A/Caccumulator canister?

*edit...like ox said that has to be an autometer...oil pressure sensor...I have an autometeroil guage and mysensor looks exactly like that shiny part in the picture.
Old 07-29-2008, 04:18 AM
oxfordgt
6th Gear Member

It actually looks like it is set up as a fuel pressure guage sensor but in the most jerry rigged kind of way. Looks like they T'ed the fuel line at the pulse dampner. I would take that out ASAP. I don't know where the other end of the line goes but it doesnt look good. Did your tuner have a hard time getting the fuel tuned right?

Here is my fuel pressure sensor (don't mind the wires I was still installing it.)
Old 07-29-2008, 04:19 AM
mylongvictor
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: oxfordgt

Looks like an autometer guage sensor.
Thanks! Thought I might have done something terrible by unplugging them!

Well now I know where I'm going to end up at if I install my own gauges!
Old 07-29-2008, 04:23 AM
mylongvictor
5th Gear Member

It actually looks like it is set up as a fuel pressure guage sensor but in the most jerry rigged kind of way. Looks like they T'ed the fuel line at the pulse dampner. I would take that out ASAP. I don't know where the other end of the line goes but it doesnt look good. Did your tuner have a hard time getting the fuel tuned right?

Here is my fuel pressure sensor (don't mind the wires I was still installing it.)
Wait.... You have me slightly worried now....... Which is the Pulse Dampner? Yes I do have a fuel pressure guage and a boost gauge.
Old 07-29-2008, 04:38 AM
oxfordgt
6th Gear Member

That silver disc shaped thing in the fuel feed line is the pulse dampner. Putting a T in it like that pulls fuel away that the computer thought the rails were getting. It can be ok it tuned correctly. Find out where the other end of the hose goes.
Old 07-29-2008, 04:56 AM
03FstStngKB
2nd Gear Member

...yeah what you are saying makes more sense...I guess that sensor could be used for any kind of liquidpressure reading...I had oil on my mind but I guessAutometer's pressure sensor is the same for both???
Old 07-29-2008, 05:06 AM
oxfordgt
6th Gear Member

Yea the sensor is the same exact one that is use for oil pressure and a few other things I can't remember.