4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

new hood!

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 09:33 PM
Kmelfi11
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by OneqwkStang
Nice! Which hood is that? Kinda looks like the HO Fibertrend one? Did you see my thread on my new hood? Tried something different and pretty much everyone likes the results :~)
yeah i was just looking at that i like it, that silver goes good with your blue. I got the hood off my friends 01gt that has no engine for 300. It looks like a cobra r but i have no idea who makes it, he forgets and i dont see any markings. I dont really care it fits good and came out nice after paint so w.e. haha
Old 09-05-2008, 09:34 PM
map92389
1st Gear Member

Looks great, nice job.
Old 09-05-2008, 10:11 PM
03FstStngKB
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Kmelfi11
yeah i was just looking at that i like it, that silver goes good with your blue. I got the hood off my friends 01gt that has no engine for 300. It looks like a cobra r but i have no idea who makes it, he forgets and i dont see any markings. I dont really care it fits good and came out nice after paint so w.e. haha
Cool...yeah I'm usually not one for trying something different but at least I can have something on my stang that you don't see on your every run of the mill stang especially with cowl hoods.

Yeah the HO ones are really considered the 95 cobra r. I think that company made the original 95 cobra r's for ford. I am pretty sure on the net I have read that somewhere...but if not they make a pretty good damn hood I might say! I know Cervini's mark their hoods underneath with there name on it but who knows...you got a sexy looking hood and that's all that matters :~)
Old 09-06-2008, 07:41 AM
Kmelfi11
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by OneqwkStang
Cool...yeah I'm usually not one for trying something different but at least I can have something on my stang that you don't see on your every run of the mill stang especially with cowl hoods.

Yeah the HO ones are really considered the 95 cobra r. I think that company made the original 95 cobra r's for ford. I am pretty sure on the net I have read that somewhere...but if not they make a pretty good damn hood I might say! I know Cervini's mark their hoods underneath with there name on it but who knows...you got a sexy looking hood and that's all that matters :~)
yeah i heard great things aout HO so i was about to get the hood from them until my friend offered to sell his, it was good timing
Old 09-06-2008, 08:14 AM
GhostRider02GT
5th Gear Member

That looks kind of like cervinis or the steeda hood, its not the HO, I do know that much though.

Looks real good though, the headlights will make a hell of a difference
Old 09-06-2008, 08:24 AM
Kmelfi11
4th Gear Member

yeah i know for a fact its not HO, i was just saying that they do good work. He said he ordered it from a mag so who knows what it could be haha.
Old 09-06-2008, 08:50 AM
Kmelfi11
4th Gear Member

how long do i have to wait to wash it?
Old 09-06-2008, 09:09 AM
WOH HRSY
4th Gear Member

yeah i plan on getting cobra bumper, mirrors, and a saleen wing
You'll be my twin! If my painter shows up today I'll have pictures of my setup completed. Looks awesome!
Old 09-06-2008, 09:12 AM
WOH HRSY
4th Gear Member

how long do i have to wait to wash it?
You can wash it immediately. DON'T wax, seal or glaze it for 30 days in summer, a little longer when it's colder. It's probably a solvent based paint (since waterborne is still very rare) that'll need to air cure for a bit until the solvents are all out of the paint. It'll be dry to the touch and you won't have to worry about water/soap/rain/snow etc.

EDIT: OH and handwash is always best if you don't normally do that.
Old 09-06-2008, 11:31 AM
Kmelfi11
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by WOH HRSY
You can wash it immediately. DON'T wax, seal or glaze it for 30 days in summer, a little longer when it's colder. It's probably a solvent based paint (since waterborne is still very rare) that'll need to air cure for a bit until the solvents are all out of the paint. It'll be dry to the touch and you won't have to worry about water/soap/rain/snow etc.

EDIT: OH and handwash is always best if you don't normally do that.

you need to get those pics up! and yeah i just washed it before the storm comes today and put it in the garage but i didnt wash the hood. only took the water off after. Tomorrow ill have to do another wash and get the hood too.

Quick Reply: new hood!