4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Who knew flowmaster catbacks could be modular...

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2008, 05:43 PM
teej281
4.6L Section Moderator

Default Who knew flowmaster catbacks could be modular...

OK, got my christmas list in order and to go with the stuff im getting for my car from other people, I ordered myself some offset/offset single chamber flowmasters. And when they came in, my mechanic said that we are gonna make it so if I ever want a change in sound, that all I have to do is unbolt the part of the original flowmaster catback that has the muffler on it and put in this piece we are making with the single chambers in. He said that in a way, its gonna be modular. So i can change sounds without the hastle of cutting and welding mufflers in and stuff. So my car is gonna be louder here shortly!!! Im excited!!! And what i ended up asking for for Christmas is Strange 10 ways(front and back), Sportline springs, and FLSFC. Im gonna buy the UCA/LCA's(HPM Megabyte double adjustable uppers and Megabyte Jr. lowers)when i can afford them and get spherical bushings as well. And for the few times i go to the track each year, im just gonna swap in the stock cut rear springs if that would work. Sorry to rant guys, but I'm just SOO EXCITED!!!
Old 12-05-2008, 08:40 PM
H0SS302
6th Gear Member

all i have to do is unbolt my lm2 mufflers and swap in some lm1s and i make bitches ears bleed.. or i can put in some power flos and sneak around town.. slp owns all lol
Old 12-05-2008, 08:49 PM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

Just a bit of advice. If you plan on going with a mid pipe (X or H) make sure you go with the H.

X pipe paired with a chambered muffler (Flows) dosent't sound real good (raspy). Most def go with a H-pipe, if you can get away with it, get the o/r one!
Old 12-05-2008, 08:59 PM
H0SS302
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Soldier GT
Just a bit of advice. If you plan on going with a mid pipe (X or H) make sure you go with the H.

X pipe paired with a chambered muffler (Flows) dosent't sound real good (raspy). Most def go with a H-pipe, if you can get away with it, get the o/r one!
What the hell are you talking about! X pipe sounds NASTY with chambered mufflers. Thats the best sound you can get. When I get my SRA swapped for an IRS im getting a mac catback and an o/r x for sure!!! I miss my old set-up before i got longtubes.

this is what x pipe with chambered mufflers sounds like...Consider yourself educated
Old 12-05-2008, 09:02 PM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

That's your opionion guy. I don't argue over the net.
Old 12-05-2008, 09:04 PM
SilvrStang
6th Gear Member

Chambered mufflers sound real good with an X pipe.
Old 12-05-2008, 09:07 PM
teej281
4.6L Section Moderator

Check the sig...i already have a catted magnaflow x pipe and love the sound...just needs to be louder.
Old 12-05-2008, 09:10 PM
H0SS302
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Soldier GT
That's your opionion guy. I don't argue over the net.
LOL most ppl that say that are the ppl that read " h goes with chambered and x goes with straight through"

Dont get all pissy about it. you will find that most ppl with chambered mufflers have x pipes on this board. The part I find humorous about the argument is:

If x pipes are supposed to make your car raspier, why do people say to pair them with straight through mufflers? Straight through mufflers produce the most rasp, and most ppl are trying to avoid that on a mustang. Kind of debunks the whole theory. I have an o/r h on my lm2 catback with lts and it sounds bad ***. I thought it sounded pretty lame with an O/R x and lts.
Old 12-05-2008, 09:23 PM
mustangmancp
5th Gear Member

I LOVE my H...i wish i could of went O/R but its illegal haha. But flows and an h are sex lol.
Old 12-05-2008, 09:30 PM
teej281
4.6L Section Moderator

Flows and anything are sex. lol i had an o/r h pipe with the american thunder catback on my 98 GT and it sounded amazing...like panties dropping amazing...trust me...it happened. and my car gets compliments all the time now its just not loud enough for my tastes...not panties dropping enough. lol

Quick Reply: Who knew flowmaster catbacks could be modular...