4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Anyone worked with ddmtuning for HID's?

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2008, 06:50 PM
DreamerGT
5th Gear Member

Default Anyone worked with ddmtuning for HID's?

Im about to order some of there lights. I was wondering if anyone has any experience with them? and how do you like them? Also do there kits come with everything I need to get going? thanks
Old 12-21-2008, 08:06 PM
obi31khanobi3

i dont know if i would trust them judging by the prices..i wouldnt pay less than 200 or so for a full hid kit. my .02 i would just buy them from stangmods.com or american muscle that way you know your getting and you know its a good kit with full warranty and customer reviews
Old 12-22-2008, 12:57 AM
hpwrestler220
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by obi31khanobi3
i dont know if i would trust them judging by the prices..i wouldnt pay less than 200 or so for a full hid kit. my .02 i would just buy them from stangmods.com or american muscle that way you know your getting and you know its a good kit with full warranty and customer reviews
ok you do that!!

ddmtuning is lifetime warranty.. everything is basically on back order though.. my friends and i ordered 11 sets about 3 weeks ago and we still havent gotten them in yet

had i of known this, i woulda just ordered from vvme.. but the most expensive isnt always the best. my buddy spent $350 on HID's and regrets it. mine are just as bright and i went ebay (lifetime warranty) for $130 almost a year ago and mine are still perfect.. now i just need the ddmtuning ones to come in =/

someone i know runs them and ive heard all good things. thats why we ordered 11 sets lol
Old 12-22-2008, 09:27 AM
DreamerGT
5th Gear Member

ugh back order huh?
Old 12-22-2008, 01:10 PM
hpwrestler220
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by SilverNGrey4.6s
ugh back order huh?
yeah.. but ddmtuning had said that on their website -- my buddy just didnt tell me that they were basically first come first serve.. i cant explain. its like they dont have the items in stock, they produce them as people order.. something like that

so basiaclly its like always on backorder. but i bet if you ordered 1 set, it would get to you faster than 11 sets would get to me lol

call and ask if unsure. or send an email.. they might have yours in stock
Old 12-22-2008, 02:15 PM
DreamerGT
5th Gear Member

cool ill do that
Old 12-22-2008, 02:31 PM
Davojan59
4th Gear Member

hidguy.net has pretty good prices and awesome products and reviews as well
Old 12-22-2008, 07:32 PM
kenv
4th Gear Member

If they can`t keep the whole set in stock, how will they be if part of the one you get breaks, & they have to ship you a new one?
Old 12-22-2008, 09:42 PM
DreamerGT
5th Gear Member

I seen this on there website.

Update 12/22/08: We are currently shipping about 1 week behind on order date due to the enormous volume our sale pricing has generated. We are suspending most sales for the moment in order to catch up on backlog. As soon as we get caught up, you can expect to see somme more relaxation on pricing. We are sorry for the delays at the holidays. We appreciate your patience. Unfortunately, we never know how many orders we will get and we attempt to ship as fast as possible. The backlog has caused a large increase in calls from customers to check their orders. This causes us to have to assign people to answer these calls, cutting our ability to ship. All of us at DDM Tuning appreciate your business and being able to give you remarkable pricing. We apologize for the delays. We are working hard to keep people on the assembly line and have been airfreighting in more goods to fill orders. We look forward to continuing to serve you with better pricing in 2009.
Old 12-23-2008, 01:22 AM
hpwrestler220
6th Gear Member

looks like some honest people ^^^

and kenv, as far as if somehting breaks and i need to order again, im willing to bet it wont happen, but just in case it does, i bet they send me out somebody elses instead of having a dissatisfied customer...

Quick Reply: Anyone worked with ddmtuning for HID's?