4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Installing my headlights. Is it easy?

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2009, 03:15 AM
twin turbo pilot
2nd Gear Member

Let me know what the seller tells you, ive got some of Ebay ones waiting home for me as well. I will def seal them up before i install them, aside from the fitment issues did you like the look of them? Oh, your car has never been wrecked or anything has it? maybe the issue is with your fender? just an idea
Old 01-30-2009, 09:48 AM
HamMach1
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by twin turbo pilot
Let me know what the seller tells you, ive got some of Ebay ones waiting home for me as well. I will def seal them up before i install them, aside from the fitment issues did you like the look of them? Oh, your car has never been wrecked or anything has it? maybe the issue is with your fender? just an idea
They looked awesome. It's one of the things that are fairly subtle but make a noticeable difference. I tried to take pictures but the lighting was terrible. And no, my car was never in a wreck.
Old 01-30-2009, 09:59 AM
steve0914
5th Gear Member

i bought some from ebay, $80 shipped brand new and they were a perfect fit... try making sure they are in all the way, i had that problem when i put mine in and the pins went in, but still a gap... i took them off and fixed it and they fit perfect....
Old 01-30-2009, 01:28 PM
BlackMage
5th Gear Member

even after i installed mine from AM i still had a small gap on the headlights right where you do. just a combination of aiming the headlights and having a weird stance on the stang, like lowered and such.
Old 01-30-2009, 03:18 PM
HamMach1
5th Gear Member

It seems to be a common occurrence with these lights. I wish there was a way to aim the lights left/right.
Old 01-30-2009, 04:59 PM
BlackMage
5th Gear Member

i could aim mine left and right. there were two screws on the outer side and then there was one towards the inner most part of the light. and i could aim em pretty good but the tolerances would be so that it would adjust anymore no matter what i did and it would not allow me to close the gap and be flush
Old 01-30-2009, 09:09 PM
twin turbo pilot
2nd Gear Member

what does a drop have anything to do with headlight fitment, cmon now.
Old 01-30-2009, 11:51 PM
HamMach1
5th Gear Member

Does anyone know if there is some sort of adhesive that is won't rip off the paint that I might be able to use on the rubber trim to stick to the paint or something? And also, is there a way to aim lights left and right on a new edge? I haven't checked for those 2 screws that BlackMage mentioned.
Old 01-31-2009, 12:14 AM
jvog
5th Gear Member

stock lights have 2 allen screws I believe...one is to move them left to right one is up and down..Not sure about your new ones
Old 01-31-2009, 01:00 PM
BlackMage
5th Gear Member

when i dropped my car, it lowered it 1.5 in the front, 1.25 in the rear, so the natural stance of the car was changed, then also the combo of the smaller tires up front and little big bigger ones gave my car a small rake, therefor the headlights were shining into the ground, i had to aim them up and doing so created a gap on the sides. that is how lowering your car affects the aim of the headlights

Quick Reply: Installing my headlights. Is it easy?