4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

What is your favorite spoiler/wing?

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2009, 09:36 PM
99 GT vert
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Blk N Wht GT
Maybe a side shot will change your mind?

i agree the side scoops are a little much

Last edited by 99 GT vert; 02-04-2009 at 09:38 PM.
Old 02-04-2009, 09:39 PM
Blk N Wht GT
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by BlackMage
haha yea probably not the best thing to do, the plates i have came with black lettering, fits the BLKMAGE perfect lol but just from looking around it seems simple and straight forward enough to just do it myself. All you need to do is heat it up, peel it apart, get rid of the color inside, paint it whatever color you want, stick it together and you got it. So if you want the emblem to match your car, just go and pick up a can from autozone or w/e that matches your color code, and bingo. perfect. but yea i hear ya, if ya got the money more power to ya to just have someone else do it
Thats cool for your plates. I mean, blue to black isn't too much difference, but CA cops are pretty **** so I'd rather not push it. I didn't feel like hassling with the process of doing the black emblem myself so I was just like eh what the heck, I'll splurge. I wouldn't say I'm made of money tho.. haha

Originally Posted by Chubstang
Nah, not really. Just makes it looks to "busy" I guess would be the word.
When I first put on the black scoops, I did think that it seemed a little busy, like you said. They didn't turn out 100% how I expected (maybe cuz they're the 99-00 instead of the 01-04, iono) but it's been growing on me.
Old 02-04-2009, 11:24 PM
Aereon
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Chubstang
Nah, not really. Just makes it looks to "busy" I guess would be the word.
yea.. I'm not really feeling those scoops, but then again I've never really liked fake scoops.

But other than that I'm a huge fan of black accents (if you can't tell).
Old 02-04-2009, 11:28 PM
joaquinGT
2nd Gear Member

99-00 moved back or cobras.
Old 02-05-2009, 12:01 AM
Blk N Wht GT
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Aereon
yea.. I'm not really feeling those scoops, but then again I've never really liked fake scoops.

But other than that I'm a huge fan of black accents (if you can't tell).
I don't like fake scoops either, I thought about converting them to make them functional but it would just increase drag rather than actually cool the rear brakes. I don't think the rear brakes even get that hot to begin with since they're only 1 piston calipers.

The black on your car looks nice. I love the Saleen wheels
Old 02-05-2009, 12:15 AM
BlackMage
5th Gear Member

psh, who likes black in here?!?
Old 02-05-2009, 12:18 AM
Blk N Wht GT
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by BlackMage
psh, who likes black in here?!?
you do!
Old 02-05-2009, 12:19 AM
BlackMage
5th Gear Member

Lies!
Old 02-05-2009, 12:34 AM
Aereon
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Blk N Wht GT
I don't like fake scoops either, I thought about converting them to make them functional but it would just increase drag rather than actually cool the rear brakes. I don't think the rear brakes even get that hot to begin with since they're only 1 piston calipers.

The black on your car looks nice. I love the Saleen wheels
you'd be surprised, I've warped rear rotors before on a track, also anyone going downhill tends to drag their brakes. The small rotors in the back overheat really quick.

I went and picked up bullit scoops when someone sideswiped me, I'll be asking to either have them molded or have it completely shaved when I'm done with everything else. Appearance is the last thing on my list, I just keep getting hit by people, and my friend owns a bodyshop.
Old 02-05-2009, 12:57 AM
Blk N Wht GT
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Aereon
you'd be surprised, I've warped rear rotors before on a track, also anyone going downhill tends to drag their brakes. The small rotors in the back overheat really quick.

I went and picked up bullit scoops when someone sideswiped me, I'll be asking to either have them molded or have it completely shaved when I'm done with everything else. Appearance is the last thing on my list, I just keep getting hit by people, and my friend owns a bodyshop.
wow well I haven't been to a track (yet) but I do believe that. I wouldn't go to a track with my stock brakes though, I'd at least upgrade the fronts to a 13" kit and the rears to cross drilled or slotted rotors. I wouldn't consider the Mustang a track car out of the box.

I like your shaved cobra bumper, it looks sick!

Quick Reply: What is your favorite spoiler/wing?