4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

when should I see boost?

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2009, 11:42 PM
vanquish
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 2000AZ5.0GT
It's not going to a tuning issue, and I can tell you why. The bypass valve, if working properly, is vacuum actuated, basically, when the area past the throttle body goes into vacuum, the bypass valve opens and starts recirculating the air. That's not a perfect explination, but it will do.

Basically, bottom line, it isn't a tuning issue.

If I were to say anything, I would think that it's actually a case of the OP loosing boost through the exhaust valves. If he doesn't have just the right set of cams, I would say that's a very real possibility, or it could be that the cams might not be timed as efficiently as possible.
I was just saying shouldn't the person tuning the car noticed this problem? Unless it is that the BOV failed then it would make sense for the problems to start happening now.
Old 02-01-2009, 11:42 PM
SVTeeshirt
5th Gear Member

shaddup rob ur a dummie.
Old 02-01-2009, 11:47 PM
MAD SVT
4th Gear Member

^ thats a nice way of putting it.
Old 02-01-2009, 11:50 PM
SVTeeshirt
5th Gear Member

i was jk robs my buddy and knows his **** quite throughly
Old 02-01-2009, 11:53 PM
2000AZ5.0GT
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by vanquish
I was just saying shouldn't the person tuning the car noticed this problem? Unless it is that the BOV failed then it would make sense for the problems to start happening now.
again, i think it may be a simple issue of just missinterpreting how far the OP is pushing in

think about it, I'm running the same blower, 16PSI, and a 2v compared to the OP's 4v if I read it correctly. that set up should be worth more than I'm running, 650+rwhp. 50% throttle, your not going to be able to grab traction.

Originally Posted by MAD SVT
^ thats a nice way of putting it.
you know that kirk is kidding right? (SVTeeshirt)?
Old 02-01-2009, 11:54 PM
562cobra
5th Gear Member

This thread is against you Mad svt.
Old 02-02-2009, 12:01 AM
MAD SVT
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 562cobra
This thread is against you Mad svt.
Apparently... frickin e-bullys
Old 02-02-2009, 01:26 AM
SVTeeshirt
5th Gear Member

yeah i hate ppl that make me look like an idiot when i B.S. :rollseyes:
Old 02-02-2009, 05:23 PM
Larry G

Default bypass valve

Originally Posted by teej281
Something definitly sounds really really wrong there. If youre not seeing boost by 4000rpms youre cars power curve is gonna be soooooooo weird so something is not right. I dont know whats wrong but i do know something is not right. What size pulley are you running and what kinda bpv/bov are you running and how strong of a spring is in there??? That could be your problem. My buddy had this problem with his turbo cobra. His bov was stuck open and thats why he wasnt making boost. When he got the bov unstuck and made sure it didnt stick open, he went from making like 8 psi to 30+psi(pegged the gauge). So check your bpv/bov springs to see if its stuck open depending on if your pulley is small enough to make some decent lbs of boost. I might even be posting some bad info but i thought think that some people run bpv/bov's on centri blowers.
I'm using the vortech street bypass that came with the original setup.
Old 02-02-2009, 05:27 PM
Larry G

Default I'm only running 460 rwhp

Originally Posted by 2000AZ5.0GT
again, i think it may be a simple issue of just missinterpreting how far the OP is pushing in

think about it, I'm running the same blower, 16PSI, and a 2v compared to the OP's 4v if I read it correctly. that set up should be worth more than I'm running, 650+rwhp. 50% throttle, your not going to be able to grab traction.

you know that kirk is kidding right? (SVTeeshirt)?
and the main reason I'm searching for a solution. The motor is 8.8/1 compression. I expected A LOT MORE power out of the combination than what I have.

I feel like there has to be something missing that is keeping the power down.

Quick Reply: when should I see boost?