4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

New Edge Mustang Article

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2009, 12:52 PM
marcuslee842
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by mustangcat
The S197 might have the better engine.
But the New Edge takes the cake for styling, hands down.

Beautiful
OMG! She has a a nice ***!
Old 03-04-2009, 01:03 PM
defconfire
5th Gear Member

Yay! For Eagle F1 GS-D3's. Such a sexy tire on a sexy car.
Old 03-04-2009, 01:09 PM
fastbackford351
Foghorn Leghorn

I always thought they were a good looking car.

My one, biggest, most asinine bitch about the edge Mustangs is the clear red tail lights. I hate the fact that the light bulbs are visible. It detracts. Bulbs are ugly.
Old 03-04-2009, 01:23 PM
defconfire
5th Gear Member

I cant stand that and the new headlight design, everything else is OK, but still it looks more like a Euro-esque car.

I liked the S197's and I personally thought it was a fairly good tribute to the cars heritage, but IMO the new look has gone too far.
Old 03-04-2009, 02:07 PM
schmallz
2nd Gear Member

The New Edge mustang is a timeless design. End of story.

But I think my Cervinis Body kit brings out the lines, edges and scoops in a better way.
Old 03-04-2009, 02:21 PM
boduke0220
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mustangcat
The S197 might have the better engine.
But the New Edge takes the cake for styling, hands down.

Beautiful

Theres nothing hotter than seeing that rear end squat..posi's come from those tires..the blower whine and the car take off..its just sex..straight up sex...

i will own this car untill the day i die. its not the fastest or the pretiest. but i love it. alot of times i hate it. it doesnt have a good stance..its slow. but when i drive it i dont wanna stop.
Old 03-04-2009, 04:18 PM
mustangcat
Deputy CatDog - To Purr'tect and Explode

Originally Posted by boduke0220
Theres nothing hotter than seeing that rear end squat..posi's come from those tires..the blower whine and the car take off..its just sex..straight up sex...

i will own this car untill the day i die. its not the fastest or the pretiest. but i love it. alot of times i hate it. it doesnt have a good stance..its slow. but when i drive it i dont wanna stop.
Me too man. This car really is a modern classic.
I've thought about selling it to get a different car. But I can't give her up.
So instead I'm just going to invest a whole bunch of money in the car: new paint over the summer, cams by the end of the semester, and just keep building her up.
Old 03-04-2009, 05:00 PM
Roadster

Originally Posted by cliffyk
"We" are of course prejudiced, however I believe the new-edge design represents a pure evolution of the Mustang "muscle car" image. The newer "retro" designs are just poor caricatures of the early 70s models.

Oddly, Chrysler got it right with the new Challengers...
I agree 100%. I not a fan of the the '05+. I don't mind a few classic style cues, like the new edges have, but they took it too far with the '05's.

I'm never selling my '00 GT.

Last edited by Roadster; 03-04-2009 at 05:13 PM.
Old 03-04-2009, 06:06 PM
72MachOne99GT
2010 Blue Ball Award Recipient

Man, I must be in the minority.

When the 99's first came out, I must admit that I was not a fan of them at all I thought they were too square/'pyramidy' which was ultimately the actual design (the pyramid stance).

And on the other hand, when the 05's came out in early '04 I LOVED them. I still do see one every now and then that makes my ***** drop and my semen flow forth! But I've loved the looks of a New Edge since one later summer/early fall afternoon in 2004.

I'd had a hole burnt in my pocket by the 7K I had saved up. The local autotrader took care of that problem. I'd glanced in mustang and fast ford trader etc. for a few months, but just to look, never to even consider purchasing.

The FIRST day I started to look for a late model to actually purchase, I opened the magazine, and the first page I flipped to, and the first car I even noticed was a Dark Blue '99 GT with 48K for only 9500......Keep in mind it was a 5 state/regional magazine. This car was from Auburn. That's where I live! I called the number, and saw the car THAT NIGHT.

Bought it a week and a half later!
Old 03-04-2009, 06:21 PM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

When I get back next year gonna buy the Cobra front end and probally take off the rear spoiler. But the way she sits now she really turns head. Maybe you guys can agree with me on this one: Nothing like being at a light and look to your left, right and rear and see people pointing and the best one is the thumbs up. The New Edge IMO, greatest atribute is when it's lowered and it has wide tires in the rear. Man they look real muscaular.

Quick Reply: New Edge Mustang Article