4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

I want my car back!! Help me find it!

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2009, 12:09 AM
GreyGhost04
2nd Gear Member

Default I want my car back!! Help me find it!

Hey all. It's been a long time since I have posted on here. In July of 2007, I had to trade in my mustang for a larger vehicle. I actually cried when we drove away from the dealership. At the time it was for the best but now I am able to house a "toy" and I would LOVE to have my mustang back. I know it is kind of a long shot but figured someone out there could help me out. I traded it in at Demontrond in Conroe, Tx. There are some unique features about the car that make it stand out a little bit. I am also going to post the VIN number. If anyone knows where it is or who owns it, please let me know!! I want to buy it back. Here are the details:

Vin Number:
1FAFP42X94F176867

2004 Ford Mustang GT
Color: Dark Shadow Grey w/ Black leather interior

The hood scoop, middle of hood, rear spoiler, fuel door, and bottom of rear bumper are painted a glossy black. These accents make it look similar to a Mach 1.

When I traded it in it had about 75,000 miles so I'm assuming it has over 100,000 now.

Flowmaster Exhaust, 17" Bullit rims, intake. Was in EXCELLENT condition when I traded it in.

There was a rock chip in the hood (where one of the black accents is) that was touched up.

If you know who owns this mustang or can find out, please e-mail me (bcwalker81@yahoo.com) or call/text me (832-622-8461). My name is Bryan.

P.S. I still have all the original paperwork from when I bought it brand new back in 2004.
Old 03-08-2009, 09:03 AM
ct_white_stang
4th Gear Member

CarFax it. It will tell you where it was registered at least. Then you can go hurt her down.
Old 03-08-2009, 09:41 AM
Timspony
SVT Section Moderator

+1 on the CARFAX...it'll get you headed in the right place!
Old 03-08-2009, 09:44 AM
BHMustangGT
3rd Gear Member

lol that's pretty cool.... keep us informed I want to know if you find your car

it's like you're searching for you long lost soulmate lol
Old 03-08-2009, 10:06 AM
GreyGhost04
2nd Gear Member

thanks. I will definitely keep you posted as I find information.
Old 03-08-2009, 01:04 PM
02 Ninja
5th Gear Member

Dude, chances are that car isn't worth the time and effort now. It was in great shape when you traded it in, but who knows what the hells wrong with it now. I'm being honest with you because i'd hate for you to find out who owns the car and then go to see it and the condition of the car be the exact opposite of what it was when you got rid of it. Find you another stang and start over. If you found your old car chances are you would have to anyway.
Old 03-08-2009, 01:24 PM
99BlackPonyGT
aka 'Negative Nancy'

Originally Posted by 02 Ninja
Dude, chances are that car isn't worth the time and effort now. It was in great shape when you traded it in, but who knows what the hells wrong with it now. I'm being honest with you because i'd hate for you to find out who owns the car and then go to see it and the condition of the car be the exact opposite of what it was when you got rid of it. Find you another stang and start over. If you found your old car chances are you would have to anyway.
very optimistic!

OP, i say go for it... the chance of your car being in good condition is the same as the chance of any used mustang being in good condition
Old 03-08-2009, 01:41 PM
mvr
6th Gear Member

that would be cool if you could find your car, but why not think about a cobra or 4v?
Old 03-08-2009, 01:48 PM
SVTeeshirt
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mvr
that would be cool if you could find your car, but why not think about a cobra or 4v?
cobra or a 4v? cobra is a 4v im sure you knew that but why couldn't you just say 4v

or cobra or mach, seeing as how thats the only other 4v.

Lol sorry not tryin to be a dick but something about that sentence just bothered me, im a grammar ****.

and idk if its his first car or what but some cars just have special meaning to people, some ppl think of them as more than just objects.

Last edited by SVTeeshirt; 03-08-2009 at 03:41 PM.
Old 03-08-2009, 02:16 PM
03GeeTee
3rd Gear Member

Technically, I think you would be better off with a different stang. However, if the car meant that much to you I would at least try to get it back.

Quick Reply: I want my car back!! Help me find it!