4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Holy ***T

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2009, 01:32 PM
Sxynerd
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by pro2a
Just got my car back from the shop after complete suspension, chasis and rear end overhaul. What a difference!!

Suspension: BBK linear springs, new isolators, Tokiko Blues, Rear Steeda HD upper control arms, Stang Suspension spherical ball lowers, front CC Plates, urethane sway bar links and bushings, MM steering aluminum rack bushings.

Chassis: MM full length sub-frame connectors.

Rear end: FRPP 4:10 gears, FRPP 31 spline Cobra carbon fiber LSD and FRPP 31 spline axles.

Believe me, it feels like a new car, everything is what the DR. ordered. The 4:10 gears especially! I have a little drone at 70 mph, but nothing my stereo can't overcome.

I am going to get some new wheels and tires soon. I also plan on running it at the track in Epping NH this year, what do you think It's capable of? Low 13's, 12.90's?
I'm glad your car tuned out so great. I think the tokikos and springs are going to keep you out of the 12's definitely. I've had tokikos and they responded better for autox than for DR. I think you'll be around the 13.4's with drag radials. I hope i'm wrong and it does better than i think, g/l and congrats.
Old 04-10-2009, 04:05 PM
mustangmancp
5th Gear Member

Hmmmm...i have to agree with the guys. Low 13s MAYBE 12.9...if you can REALLY drive.

But don't dis the chevy guys...some of them are pretty damn fast lol. And that crotch rocket is no "slowzuki" haha. Def need to learn to listen to ppls opinions or you won't make it too long on here.
Old 04-10-2009, 05:12 PM
Kmelfi11
4th Gear Member

you should be able to get 12's for sure if you have that to the wheels. with your rear and some nice tires you can launch the hell out of it.
Old 04-10-2009, 05:37 PM
01GT4.6
6th Gear Member

wow, let me just say this. I usually don't try to bust peoples b@lls too often but why would you come on here and ask for opinions and when someone gives it to you, you try to argue them down?

For you to talk down to DVS Z28 about his 'slowzuki' tells me that you have zero track experience. If you've even been to the track (and payed attention) you'd know that that 'slowzuki' would pull the paint off your car and leave it a rusted piece of scrap metal, no matter what size it is. which BTW I'm sure my last statement will end up being quoted in someones sig, b/c it's so true!Looking at his mod list of his Z28, tells me that he has a solid 10 second capable car, something that your car is nowhere near!

I'm glad you like your car and what you've done to it, but there is no need to come on here trying to start crap.
Old 04-10-2009, 05:43 PM
fausty
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 01GT4.6
wow, let me just say this. I usually don't try to bust peoples b@lls too often but why would you come on here and ask for opinions and when someone gives it to you, you try to argue them down?

For you to talk down to DVS Z28 about his 'slowzuki' tells me that you have zero track experience. If you've even been to the track (and payed attention) you'd know that that 'slowzuki' would pull the paint off your car and leave it a rusted piece of scrap metal, no matter what size it is. which BTW I'm sure my last statement will end up being quoted in someones sig, b/c it's so true!Looking at his mod list of his Z28, tells me that he has a solid 10 second capable car, something that your car is nowhere near!

I'm glad you like your car and what you've done to it, but there is no need to come on here trying to start crap.
+1000.by the way how do you quote someone on your sig?i got dibs.
Old 04-10-2009, 05:48 PM
01GT4.6
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by fausty
+1000.by the way how do you quote someone on your sig?i got dibs.
quote as you normally do, delete what you don't what, then copy & paste.
Old 04-10-2009, 05:50 PM
JK59GT2000
Banned

i hit 12.9 maybe 3 times with my set up no nitrous, so you should deff hit 12's with yours
Old 04-10-2009, 05:53 PM
Kmelfi11
4th Gear Member

but its all up to if you can drive or not, i always see 15's and up at the track from mustangs simply because the guy cant drive. so go run it and well all be able to tell how good of a driver you are.
Old 04-10-2009, 06:30 PM
DVS_Z28
2nd Gear Member

shhh... my "slowzuki" is slow

Originally Posted by mustangmancp
Hmmmm...i have to agree with the guys. Low 13s MAYBE 12.9...if you can REALLY drive.

But don't dis the chevy guys...some of them are pretty damn fast lol. And that crotch rocket is no "slowzuki" haha. Def need to learn to listen to ppls opinions or you won't make it too long on here.
haha, im the same way. normally im the one taking up for the guy gettin picked on. i guess OP is just pissed he has more money in his car and stil runs over a 1.5 seconds slower than my lil ls1.

oh and my car is faster than my bike mid 11s off the spray with a crappy 60'. but i guess my car will never be as fast as OPs car bolt on 2v

but like i said before, 12s if he gets some sticky tires and drives the **** out of it. mid 13s on nittos/street tires

Originally Posted by 01GT4.6

Last edited by DVS_Z28; 04-10-2009 at 06:33 PM.
Old 04-10-2009, 06:42 PM
Darkcrime
4th Gear Member

OP, you are probably around 11% or less drivetrain loss with ur 5spd and alum driveshaft (if I read that right). I'm surprised no one mentioned his hp/mods. seems a bit high if you ask me.
dvs - gsxr 750 or 600? I can't tell from the pic. I had an 05gsx-r 750 and ran a 11.9 pulling a 2.4 60ft (didn't feel like ruining my clutch, it was stock)
I also ran a 12.3 or so with my 99 cbr 600. What'cha runnin at with urs?

Quick Reply: Holy ***T