4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

CIVIC LEFT E BREAK DOWN AND ROLLED BACK N HIT SALEEN

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2009, 07:56 PM
mills281e
4th Gear Member

If the side vents are cracked in the front bumper, I have to think that you need an entirely new bumper. If you have estimates and they decide to go new bumper, I would go back to the garages and make sure they know what it takes to prep a new bumper from Saleen. I've heard that the prep is a real PIA because the pieces come pretty rough from Saleen. My guess is, you'll end up dropping a lot more than what you have planned for if you decide to go the above route.
Old 04-12-2009, 09:06 PM
paintball1
3rd Gear Member

his stupied insurance company says they only have to pay for GT parts , i told them saleen starts a gt it always has GT vin, they said no, saleen no catagory, so there put GT Parts on WTF WTF
Old 04-13-2009, 03:54 AM
crash
BrandofPoop

Originally Posted by paintball1
his stupied insurance company says they only have to pay for GT parts , i told them saleen starts a gt it always has GT vin, they said no, saleen no catagory, so there put GT Parts on WTF WTF
Sue his ***!!!! Does your insurance company have it under as a Saleen or GT? They need to call them and chew his insurance companies *** out.
Old 04-13-2009, 04:06 AM
2000AZ5.0GT
5th Gear Member

Honestly their shouldn't be any problem if the car is an Authentic Saleen. I would imagine you either got a Certificate of Auth with the car. If not, call Saleen and I'm sure they can verify the car for you, and then you can show the guys ins. that it's a true saleen
Old 04-13-2009, 04:19 AM
crash
BrandofPoop

Originally Posted by 2000AZ5.0GT
Honestly their shouldn't be any problem if the car is an Authentic Saleen. I would imagine you either got a Certificate of Auth with the car. If not, call Saleen and I'm sure they can verify the car for you, and then you can show the guys ins. that it's a true saleen
I agree. Get get the vin of your vehicle if you haven't already or show some paperwork that its NOT A GT...even though it is lol, kinda, sort of.
Old 04-13-2009, 04:24 AM
2000AZ5.0GT
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by crash
I agree. Get get the vin of your vehicle if you haven't already or show some paperwork that its NOT A GT...even though it is lol, kinda, sort of.
well, if he has his registration, and the car is an Authentic Saleen, 1. It will have a number on the front driver side bumper beneath the headlight to show production

and 2. It will be REGISTERED as a Saleen SC281 or whatever saleen calls it. not a mustang GT, unless it's a faleen

If he can show that it's registered as a Saleen, I don't care what insurance company the other guy has, there is NOTHING they can do to get out of it. Plain and simple
Old 04-13-2009, 04:30 AM
crash
BrandofPoop

Originally Posted by 2000AZ5.0GT
well, if he has his registration, and the car is an Authentic Saleen, 1. It will have a number on the front driver side bumper beneath the headlight to show production

and 2. It will be REGISTERED as a Saleen SC281 or whatever saleen calls it. not a mustang GT, unless it's a faleen

If he can show that it's registered as a Saleen, I don't care what insurance company the other guy has, there is NOTHING they can do to get out of it. Plain and simple
Most insurance companies are cheap asses anyways. OP good luck again.
Old 04-13-2009, 05:27 AM
Nav50
1st Gear Member

Unfortunately, the insurance companies don't see it as a Saleen. It's the same way when you go to take a loan out for a new one. The lending company only sees the car as a GT because Saleen is not part of Ford, and Saleen isn't a production vehicle. Saleen purchases the cars from Ford, they cannot change the vin. I'm sorry to hear your car got hit by an over-powered weed-whacker with wheels.
Old 04-13-2009, 09:46 AM
paintball1
3rd Gear Member

thanks, u are right, Saleen has no own VIN, its GT VIN, under my insurance it says GT there is o saleen catagory, u save insurance money basicaly too listing as GT. we are arguging now about the parts etc , its real saleen called saleen before i bought it, plac under egine bay, shifter, etc #858
Old 04-13-2009, 10:20 AM
2k1gt
5th Gear Member

It's situations like this that would make me not want a Saleen. I can't imagine getting screwed over by insurance like this because it has a GT vin. Good luck and I hope everything works out in your favor.

Quick Reply: CIVIC LEFT E BREAK DOWN AND ROLLED BACK N HIT SALEEN