4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Need some paint suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2009, 10:29 PM
Red__03GT
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by livefast1
flat black

^^ agreed. with a skull on the hood haha
Old 04-12-2009, 11:47 PM
defconfire
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by sxynerd
I've always been a fan of Pearl white and grey/silver and Pearl white and 57 Raven Black.
+100000 Raven Black Looks Drop Dead gorgeous on anything you put it on.
Old 04-13-2009, 12:26 AM
SVTeeshirt
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Xemeth
Honestly I like the car the way it sits. I'm not one for really outrageous paint jobs, two tones, racing stripes, etc... I like a nice clean white for your car.

Maybe at the very most I'd have it re-painted in that pearl white color, where it kind of has flakes in the pain that aren't really noticeable until up close, but I still like the plain white better.

Or maybe just a re-spray. I don't know if the car has any dings or imperfections that can be touched up.

Just my .02.
between the 2 of us we have 4 cents that are the same.

oh btw ox my cars engine is already pulled and its in need of a re-spray so i mean if you wanna just let him spray my car that'd be cool. but rly it does need teh spray! sn-95 faded laser red ftl.

Last edited by SVTeeshirt; 04-13-2009 at 12:29 AM.
Old 04-13-2009, 12:34 AM
Sxynerd
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by SVTeeshirt
between the 2 of us we have 4 cents that are the same.

oh btw ox my cars engine is already pulled and its in need of a re-spray so i mean if you wanna just let him spray my car that'd be cool. but rly it does need teh spray! sn-95 faded laser red ftl.
There is a difference between outer color and engine bay color. GO to your local auto paint supplier and have them mix your outer color and press it into a rattle can. Prep and Bomb away.
Old 04-13-2009, 12:39 AM
SVTeeshirt
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by sxynerd
There is a difference between outer color and engine bay color. GO to your local auto paint supplier and have them mix your outer color and press it into a rattle can. Prep and Bomb away.
yeah we did it to one of my brothers hondas, it was white idk what the actual color name was but it was damn close to oxford, either way it turned out pretty good, not a bad price either something like $12 a can. I'm gonna bomb my own engine bay or just clean the hell out of it and see how good the orginal paint is, do you think i should sand it down as well as i can beforehand even though its getting the same color? lol sorry for mini thread jack OX,

but to OX i don't think you should go over the top and do anything crazy, i've never been a fan of flames, either, i think its more of an old rat rod theme, i honestly love the way the car looks now, i say get the new hood and respray if anything or possibly do some pinstriping on the sides of the cowl or if you really wanna do flames, flames on the cowl or something to that extent possibly like an atlantic blue?