4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Looks of our rides, and unwanted attention

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2009, 05:55 PM
2k1gt
5th Gear Member

Everyone and their mom drives a mustang in my town. I doubt i'm getting any attention.
Old 04-17-2009, 06:09 PM
RHuckster
2nd Gear Member

Heres my opinion & yes, I have my flame retardant suit on. I've owned my Stang for almost 2 years, Mac Axle back(loud) & all windows tinted. I've never been pulled over once, before that I had a 04 Eclipse lowered, full aftermarket exhaust, all windows tinted, never pulled over. I believe its not what you drive but how you drive.

Rick
http://mysite.verizon.net/res1c0ed/ricksrides/
Old 04-17-2009, 08:17 PM
945LSTANG
6th Gear Member

i dont get any attention from anyone....
Old 04-17-2009, 08:41 PM
devongarver
5th Gear Member

i get looks form everyone around my area. Im one of the few people with a mustang, let alone an obnoxiously loud one. I get alot more looks now due to my rims and the tinted lighting. But most of all i get funny looks from cops who think im going mach 3 with my hair on fire when im doing the speed limit.

On the other hand, i used to drive like an *******. Period. after a 150+mph run down the interstate from the police,...which almost ended very, very badly...and 4 tickets in a year with ridiculously high insurance, i have learned my very expensive lesson. I now dirve considerate because i have nothing to prove, and i open her up every now and then but always doing the speed limit or jsut a few mph over. I also have illegal tint, but i think others are right by saying its all how you drive. dont give anyone a reaosn to be pissed off at you and the wont be. just my 2cents.
Old 04-17-2009, 09:30 PM
kast1376
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by dapartyanimal08
i got arrested doing 166 in a 45 at 3am and the cop didnt come to my court date so i got to walk out with a smerk pissed the judge off i shoulda payed a 3200$ fine or 4 to 14 months in county.
I am having a HARD time buying this. You got busted for 4x over the limit (give or take) and the arresting officer(s) didn't show up?

Here in CA that is a felony reckless. You would have been doing some time from the get-go, and there is no way an officer would miss that.

But as others have stated, when your car sticks out, you lose the ability to speed around. I learned that lesson the day I got my old Firebird. It was red and loud. I soon figured out that the speed limit was as fast as I could go (or want to)

I have nothing to prove to anyone out there. People who drive like idiots, swerve in and out of lanes, speed excessively, etc...are the reason I have to pay so much for my insurance.
Old 04-17-2009, 09:50 PM
Mustang_NTriangle
5th Gear Member

[QUOTE=MikeInCape;6124607]True... And I have 100% toned down my habbits. But we have a 3 mile long bridge in town that the cops never radar on, and it's my only chance to play. I don't burn tires at redlights, or ever speed through subdivisions.

I find it hard to believe that you never get on it on a public road.

For me it is no about going 100 mph but rather the ability to excellerate at a traffic light from 0-50 or to homp on it from an exit ramp from 35-80 on the highway. That is why 4.10s and a blower = lots of fun!
Old 04-17-2009, 09:50 PM
Sxynerd
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by devongarver
i get looks form everyone around my area. Im one of the few people with a mustang, let alone an obnoxiously loud one. I get alot more looks now due to my rims and the tinted lighting. But most of all i get funny looks from cops who think im going mach 3 with my hair on fire when im doing the speed limit.

On the other hand, i used to drive like an *******. Period. after a 150+mph run down the interstate from the police,...which almost ended very, very badly...and 4 tickets in a year with ridiculously high insurance, i have learned my very expensive lesson. I now dirve considerate because i have nothing to prove, and i open her up every now and then but always doing the speed limit or jsut a few mph over. I also have illegal tint, but i think others are right by saying its all how you drive. dont give anyone a reaosn to be pissed off at you and the wont be. just my 2cents.

Anyway we can get change back from your $.02? Utter BS. Ohio and most states now have Liaison law which means the officer can have someone stand in for him or his testimony in the form of an affidavit is all the judge need to rule a judgment.
Old 04-17-2009, 09:52 PM
Sxynerd
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by kast1376
I am having a HARD time buying this. You got busted for 4x over the limit (give or take) and the arresting officer(s) didn't show up?

Here in CA that is a felony reckless. You would have been doing some time from the get-go, and there is no way an officer would miss that.

But as others have stated, when your car sticks out, you lose the ability to speed around. I learned that lesson the day I got my old Firebird. It was red and loud. I soon figured out that the speed limit was as fast as I could go (or want to)

I have nothing to prove to anyone out there. People who drive like idiots, swerve in and out of lanes, speed excessively, etc...are the reason I have to pay so much for my insurance.
Yeah that's at least a misdemeanor. He would have went straight to jail no questions asked.
Old 04-17-2009, 10:03 PM
devongarver
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by sxynerd
Yeah that's at least a misdemeanor. He would have went straight to jail no questions asked.
I dunno..i thought the same thing but i got pulled over back in college with my ranger doin 119 in a 65 on 270 outside of Columbus. But it was a speed trap and they got me by plane, the officer was pissed but none the less just gave me a ticket with a flyer for "licking county municipal court" and away i went. granted i received 4 points on my license due to that, but the fine was a measly 162$.
Old 04-17-2009, 10:07 PM
doughboy4.6
3rd Gear Member

If I know they are going to pull me over I just take off lol

Quick Reply: Looks of our rides, and unwanted attention