4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

burnout question

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2009, 11:01 PM
H0SS302
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 2000AZ5.0GT
if he's running anything less than a DR, he can let off the brakes once he's spinning them in 2nd gear, and he wont' go anywhere.
+1, its just like when you do donuts, i have to constantly let out of the throttle so i keep moving lol.
Old 04-21-2009, 11:07 PM
steve0914
5th Gear Member

put your car in reverse start rolling backwards slowly, then slam it in drive....

peter
Old 04-21-2009, 11:14 PM
Perf_white_GT
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by steve0914
put your car in reverse start rolling backwards slowly, then slam it in drive....

peter

I support this post
Old 04-21-2009, 11:36 PM
Bman2000
4th Gear Member

you dont need gears to do a second gear standing start burn out...altho im sure it helps, not to mention its much easier on your clutch lol. my buddy does 2nd gear burnouts at the strip stock gears. heats up the tires better than 1st, which i do, because they cost me 350 a peice...lol
Old 04-22-2009, 08:01 AM
DarkShadow04
3rd Gear Member

ok the idiot is back...it was definately as simple as i thought it was because i tried all of the methods you all are suggesting before i made this post, i was able to lite em up but not get it to stay...i now realise i never took traction control off (which none of you mentioned anyway so i guess im not the only person to forget lol) feel free to make fun, thanks for the help though lol

and this wasnt at a track, that would be really embarrassing lol, i was just messin around in a lot with a friend, i was able to burn out pretty good in a box at the track and the ground was wet so i figured why not, but i guess its hard to do with traction control on, lol
Old 04-22-2009, 08:13 AM
Roush2002
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Tha187Rookie
ok the idiot is back...it was definately as simple as i thought it was because i tried all of the methods you all are suggesting before i made this post, i was able to lite em up but not get it to stay...i now realise i never took traction control off (which none of you mentioned anyway so i guess im not the only person to forget lol) feel free to make fun, thanks for the help though lol

and this wasnt at a track, that would be really embarrassing lol, i was just messin around in a lot with a friend, i was able to burn out pretty good in a box at the track and the ground was wet so i figured why not, but i guess its hard to do with traction control on, lol
dont feel bad. i hate the traction control. I considered having it disabled because everytime i hit boost and the tires break loose the traction kicks in and dat no good!
Old 04-22-2009, 08:19 AM
H0SS302
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Tha187Rookie

lol trac control..whats that? havnt had that little feature enabled for years! lol tune FTW
Old 04-22-2009, 08:21 AM
Kmelfi11
4th Gear Member

hahaha im with hoss, i love getting into the car and not having to press that damn button every time. invest in line lock because anything cool youll need it unless you wana replace rotors and pads a lot (like ive done haha).

you know how to do burn outs now but for some good controlled donuts use first gear (2nd is too much rotation and the car will just whip out) and if you get on the brakes just a little to keep your front end in check you can actually have the car sliding and not just whipping. You have to keep a smooth throttle and really just keep all your motions smooth (steering, gas, brake) to have it look/feel good. I need to get some more videos haha.
Old 04-22-2009, 08:25 AM
DarkShadow04
3rd Gear Member

i have a tuner, didnt use it yet cuz im waitin until i either supercharge or get my gears done because the guy will give me tunes for free with either of em... and i think im gonna keep it available...isnt traction control a good thing for DD? idk about u guys but id rather my tires not spin out while goin around a turn or sumtin...the only time u really shouldnt have it on is when you are hammering it no?
Old 04-22-2009, 08:30 AM
Kmelfi11
4th Gear Member

well when my car goes sideways i like to have the gas to control it and bring it back. if it started to kick out with traction control on the car does the thinking for you. what kind of driver are you?

Quick Reply: burnout question