4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

who is 100% happy with there car as it is?

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2009, 02:19 AM
Mr Graystang
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by freefallin98
In the modding world of Mustangs, there is no such thing as being satisfied with the modifications you have. Even if I had a Procharged and stroked motor, I would want something more or better. I am glad I have been through this stage before because now that my car is nearly stock, I am not going to skimp on anything. It is going to take a number of years, but my goals are in fair sight and I am going to do them right the first time.

I find my self falling asleep and awaking to the thought of the modifications I want to do to my car. There is just something about the lines and such on Mustangs that just makes me want more, always. I think I speak for others on here who have the same type of situations?

My chrome Mac long tube's along with Flowmaster 40 Series mufflers came today. Now I am waiting on the Mac off road h-pipe and o2 extensions to show up. As soon as I get the money for install, one very large bird is killed with one very expensive stone. Then time to start dreaming up my wheels/tires/suspension setup. Dammit I am in the wrong hobby!
lol I hear you , the only cheap hobbies are Gardening , scrap booking and putting together puzzles. I think if you plan to mod a mustang then you should plan to take a serious hit on your income. I also think there are people who are completely happy with there stangs and some that wont be satisfied with a twin turbo kit putting down 700 hp plus a 50 shot. I would personally be satisfied with a 370 hp daily driver , why ? because Im humble and I dont care if there is a 300 hp camaro with a v6 under the hood , there still ugly. sorry dony mean to ramble but I had like 7 beers.
Old 04-26-2009, 08:44 AM
mikemc04gt
2nd Gear Member

For a daily driver/commute car I'm very happy with my GT. For the drag strip, that's a different matter....
Old 04-29-2009, 01:43 PM
hotGTvert

I do not like the stock front seats !!can not set them back enough, and they have no neck protection.(looking for newer model seats or after market) rear suspension is soft, even after lowering springs. And it does not handle corners as well as I would like it to. It is better than what it was. I like the sound system and the Flowmasters.
Would a strut tower brace help in the handling?
Old 04-29-2009, 02:11 PM
amoosenamedhank
5th Gear Member

Are we talking realistically or what? Cuz I would love a 4v swap and at least a T trim upgrade with all of the supporting mods... On a more realistic note... some minor suspension pieces (minor but expensive), and a few appearance things and I would be quiet for awhile.

Right now I'm more into fixing the little heres and theres to make the car more enjoyable to drive.
Old 04-29-2009, 02:14 PM
945LSTANG
6th Gear Member

you can modify the seat tracks so that you can put the seat farther back.

what the hell do you mean by "neck protection?"

the soft suspension is your fault, there are plenty of companies out there that offer what youre looking for.

a strut tower brace would improve the handling by limiting strut tower flexing.
Old 04-29-2009, 02:18 PM
boduke0220
6th Gear Member

Heck no lol

I LOVE my car more than alot of people i know, but honestly it doesnt look all that great IMO. needs to be lowered. 17x9's up front, 01 cobra bumper, holes in decklid filled. and full bolt ons will do my power wise for now.
Old 04-29-2009, 05:41 PM
ZW99GT
6th Gear Member

I have A completely different motor and tranny, all new front suspension and fuel system, ignition system, exhaust system, etc.... ALL of which I researched and picked out myself. And I want to change little and big things on ALL of them. Sometimes it seems stupid, but it keeps my busy (and broke for that matter).
Old 04-29-2009, 07:24 PM
josh662234
3rd Gear Member

i'm happy
Old 04-29-2009, 07:44 PM
99BlackPonyGT
aka 'Negative Nancy'

ill never be 100% happy with it

big block goes in this summer...then ill want a built rear, full suspension, mini tub with more meat, a460 block and 557 stroker kit, kaase heads, dominator carb, tunnel ram intake, cheater kit, big single turbo, fully built powerglide, tubular front end, fiberglass front clip, 12pt cage, chute, and a nice wrap/paint job

it never ends!....and after all of that was done, ide want a bone stock, mint condition 69 chevelle ss, black
Old 04-30-2009, 06:31 AM
boduke0220
6th Gear Member

lol at your sig quote ^^^

Quick Reply: who is 100% happy with there car as it is?