4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Camaro SS-WS6-The rest of us....haha

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2009, 11:23 PM
egroar

Originally Posted by devongarver
OK, so im not sure if this is really the right section, so mods please feel free to move to the appropriate if its not. This less of a question and more of a discussion i suppose. I'm trying to get fellow 4.6ers takes on the differences between our motors/cars and the Camaro Z28 and SS, and the TA WS6 especially. All i know is that i will get spanked by them all lol.

So, they use pushrod motors no? Is there a huge difference in efficiency by design or are they more powerful by sheer displacement? Also, given the impressive performance specs, why arent they made anymore? I have seen some WS6's when i lived in pittsburgh that kinda wanted to make me cry lol-they were that much faster than me. Granted, i was in my blown ranger but it was about as fast as a stock new edge.

So, what do you guys think? Is the LS1 really a better motor? Or just bigger? Anyone here owned both brands? I've been a Ford guy as far back as i can remember...but its tough trying to defend myself when i cant even keep up with a stocker LS1 and i dont have any real reason to like my car better other than personal preference.
Not always... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buXPaJHBcRE
WhiteFoxGT
Resident Ford Troll

Originally Posted by H0SS302
LOL thought you where going to bed?
I was goin to, but I figured I'd get my licks in before this thread gets the

JJ03MustangGT
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by devongarver
I remember the shootout article in MM&FF between the Camaro SS and the Termi...i kinda like the looks of the some of the interior, and they noted that the shifter was placed much further back and more comfortably in the ss than the cobra.
shifter is 10x better in the fbody, plus no more 3rd gear misses! that used to **** me off so bad.

plus i actually have a trunk now!
Old 04-28-2009, 11:27 PM
JJ03MustangGT
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by WhiteFoxGT
You forgot to tell them about that great shifter that gets stuck in between 3rd and 5th, and misses gears constantly
in the mustang yes! the trans. in the fbodys are much much better!
Old 04-28-2009, 11:28 PM
machracer11
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by WhiteFoxGT
Have you ever tried to sit in one? Or better yet, park one... Sardine can feel, nose thats a mile long, and interior straight from a 96 grand am
Oh man I couldnt agree with you more, the awful interior and contortion act that it took to get in and out of the F-Body is the reason I am the proud owner of a Mach1 now but in defense of that long nose, lookin out and not being able to see past the shaker takes some getting used to; i would definitely compare it to the same feeling of the long hood in the F.... do wish I had t-tops though, they are just b.a.
Old 04-28-2009, 11:29 PM
dimebag
6th Gear Member

ok this is damn stupid.

all the maro nut swingers get in one corner... and the rest of us... well, we'll all act normal, itll be like highschool all over again, with cliques... cool kids didnt talk to the nerds... etc...

so quiet time... EVERYBODY
Mustang3GT07
6th Gear Member

After owning a 96 Z and my fair share of mustangs I would say I like my cobra better then all of them. If for some reason I didn't get my cobra I would prob be in a 02 ws6 right now. You can't hate on the maros their not as bad as everyone thinks. I loved mine, hell it was only a LT but it still was fun and my first car at 16.
devongarver
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by egroar
So i assume those cars were similar in aftermarket parts or both stock?

Doesnt a stock z28 run high 13s stock? just a hare faster than a new edge?

And an SS is just a hare faster than a Z28?
Old 04-28-2009, 11:30 PM
JJ03MustangGT
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by machracer11
Oh man I couldnt agree with you more, the awful interior and contortion act that it took to get in and out of the F-Body is the reason I am the proud owner of a Mach1 now but in defense of that long nose, lookin out and not being able to see past the shaker takes some getting used to; i would definitely compare it to the same feeling of the long hood in the F.... do wish I had t-tops though, they are just b.a.
BIG selling point for me! and yes they are badass!
Old 04-28-2009, 11:31 PM
dimebag
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by dimebag
ok this is damn stupid.

all the maro nut swingers get in one corner... and the rest of us... well, we'll all act normal, itll be like highschool all over again, with cliques... cool kids didnt talk to the nerds... etc...

so quiet time... EVERYBODY
lets try this again

Quick Reply: Camaro SS-WS6-The rest of us....haha