4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

What to expect from these mods...

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2009, 09:29 PM
boduke0220
6th Gear Member

with some tires 13.4-13.6 should be achieveable. without tires you will prob be high 13's all day
Old 05-09-2009, 11:06 PM
dimebag
6th Gear Member

assuming you can drive your ***** off... 13.40s... more realistically 13.6-7

gl and have fun
Old 05-10-2009, 08:00 PM
mia96gts
1st Gear Member

I say High between 13.7-14.1 mid 13s with a nice take off. I recommend burning out your street tires on second gear just like DRs and letting off your clutch little by little when you feel they are catching grip and trust me they will get really sticky too. They will be good enough for a 2.0 60ft. I get 2.0s 60fts with my 96 gts with 3.73s and street tires. My neighboor who builts stangs since it's his daily job, took his daily driven 04 mach1 with street tires that had about 20% left of tread and left side was a 265 and right had a 275 and he was getting low 8s (He is an awesome driver though) at the 1/8th and all that the car has is a tune by him self with a Superchip and 410s with C&L CAI. His last run he blew the left axle. I went to help him move the car out of the track and we couldnt because his street tires got really sticky because of burning them out like I am saying. I hope you hit mid 13s at least.
Old 05-10-2009, 10:55 PM
dimebag
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mia96gts
I say High between 13.7-14.1 mid 13s with a nice take off. I recommend burning out your street tires on second gear just like DRs and letting off your clutch little by little when you feel they are catching grip and trust me they will get really sticky too. They will be good enough for a 2.0 60ft. I get 2.0s 60fts with my 96 gts with 3.73s and street tires. My neighboor who builts stangs since it's his daily job, took his daily driven 04 mach1 with street tires that had about 20% left of tread and left side was a 265 and right had a 275 and he was getting low 8s (He is an awesome driver though) at the 1/8th and all that the car has is a tune by him self with a Superchip and 410s with C&L CAI. His last run he blew the left axle. I went to help him move the car out of the track and we couldnt because his street tires got really sticky because of burning them out like I am saying. I hope you hit mid 13s at least.

im gonna put this as nicely as i can... your a ****ing idiot... im not even going to begin to explain how... but op... ignore what he posted.
Old 05-10-2009, 10:59 PM
AdderMk2
Banned

you are a god damn moron if you think "baking street tires" is going to get them sticky... if anything, they will get slippery
Old 05-11-2009, 01:33 AM
RiCe_KiLlEr
4th Gear Member

yea, doing a burn out at the track on street tires is good for show and thats about it. wont help you traction wise, this i know from experience
Old 05-11-2009, 08:31 AM
agarr19
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by dimebag
im gonna put this as nicely as i can... your a ****ing idiot... im not even going to begin to explain how... but op... ignore what he posted.
+1 lmfao...dimebag what do u expect me to run with the mods in my sig and 373s and LT's
Old 05-11-2009, 09:46 AM
mia96gts
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by dimebag

Maybe were you and most others live at it wont make a difference. But with the hot weather here in SouthFlorida it does make a difference. I am telling you from my personal experiences and from my friends that go to the track every weekend and they dont own just one stang. They own shops and race them on weekends. If you want to be an ignorant then go ahead but it also depends what cheap street tires your using. But Continentals hook up great, Dunlops too, my yokohamas too, there r some other brands too that even if they arent DRs you can make them stick. I never said stick just like DRs but they will get sticky. If not then explain me how my friend's mach1 snapped an axle and then we couldnt push the car back and it was 5 ppl pushing.
Old 05-11-2009, 10:18 AM
JJ03MustangGT
5th Gear Member

im in SC, with the rediculous heat down here and i can tell you from experience even with well prepped tracks you wont hook up. im sure i have more time on the track than you do and i have seen it way too many times when guys do excessive burn outs on street tires and make complete asses of themselves when they try to launch there car. street tires should only be turned over a couple of times to clean them off, anything more than that makes them slippery and all you will do is spin.

Maybe were you and most others live at it wont make a difference. But with the hot weather here in SouthFlorida it does make a difference. I am telling you from my personal experiences and from my friends that go to the track every weekend and they dont own just one stang. They own shops and race them on weekends. If you want to be an ignorant then go ahead but it also depends what cheap street tires your using. But Continentals hook up great, Dunlops too, my yokohamas too, there r some other brands too that even if they arent DRs you can make them stick. I never said stick just like DRs but they will get sticky. If not then explain me how my friend's mach1 snapped an axle and then we couldnt push the car back and it was 5 ppl pushing.
Old 05-11-2009, 10:20 AM
AdderMk2
Banned

you are so full of ****, we can smell it through the internet!

Dimebag races every weekend, and works in a high performance race shop. Infact his shop is doing the cam for my car.

Ive been racing for about 8 years now, and have driven just about every type of street tire, from michelin, to bfg, toyo to sumitomo.

NONE of which were able to net me a sub 2.0 60' time... while my nittos got me a 1.7 with the car setup EXACTLY the same

Quick Reply: What to expect from these mods...