4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

nitrous...

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2009, 12:16 PM
RiCe_KiLlEr
4th Gear Member

you can have a nitrous bottle in the vehicle, but the hose that connects to the bottle can not be connected. if it is and you get caught just say you went to the track and you forgot to disconnect the line. worked for my buddy. he had a rear seat delete with the bottle in the back seat and the cop saw it. cop said can you disconnect it right now, my buddy said yes and he did. if he wasnt able to disconnect it he would of gotten a ticket.
Old 05-10-2009, 01:06 PM
jrherald420
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by RiCe_KiLlEr
you can have a nitrous bottle in the vehicle, but the hose that connects to the bottle can not be connected. if it is and you get caught just say you went to the track and you forgot to disconnect the line. worked for my buddy. he had a rear seat delete with the bottle in the back seat and the cop saw it. cop said can you disconnect it right now, my buddy said yes and he did. if he wasnt able to disconnect it he would of gotten a ticket.

like i said not every state is the same. the laws are diffrent from state to state, what might work for you might not work for me.
Old 05-10-2009, 03:58 PM
GTRACER88
5th Gear Member

I dont have a problem.
Old 05-10-2009, 04:08 PM
01GT4.6
6th Gear Member

I used to use it on the street. No issues here, just a bunch of hard feelings from the Cobra owners.
Old 05-10-2009, 10:20 PM
DarkShadow04
3rd Gear Member

hah...well thanks everyone for the info and input...ill check with my town to see what the state laws are for NJ... but if its the rule with the bottle not being allowed even in the car i prolly wouldnt be able to do it, but not on or not disconnected seems easy enough...i was just wondering because if i need the power im gona wanna use it, lol, i wouldnt be spending the money JUST to use it at the track, what fun is that? not to say i go around street racing, but if i need to set one of my friend's in their place i will, lol
Old 05-10-2009, 10:37 PM
H0SS302
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Tha187Rookie
hah...well thanks everyone for the info and input...ill check with my town to see what the state laws are for NJ... but if its the rule with the bottle not being allowed even in the car i prolly wouldnt be able to do it, but not on or not disconnected seems easy enough...i was just wondering because if i need the power im gona wanna use it, lol, i wouldnt be spending the money JUST to use it at the track, what fun is that? not to say i go around street racing, but if i need to set one of my friend's in their place i will, lol
Dude if your bottle is in your trunk and they cant see it, you have nothing to worry about. Unless your a known drug dealer and they get a warrant to search your car how the hell are they gonna know you have nitrous?

Just dont go purging your system all over town..
Old 05-10-2009, 11:06 PM
dimebag
6th Gear Member

illegal? yes

but all the bull**** about spinning at 60 is retarded... well sort of

yea when testing the kit i got a little loose starting spraying at 3k in 4th, but thats when you get out of the pedal.

when i run the DRs i spray right out of the hole on the street.

and fwiw i got pulled over for street racing, bottle in the back seat wrapped in a blanket(it was cold out, i was doing w/e i could to keep bottle psi up) when i let off in 4th i shot a flame or two from the extra fuel letting out a little backfire, lol... cop never said a damn thing about it tho...

so **** it... spray onthe street... i do, lol
Old 05-11-2009, 10:49 AM
JJ03MustangGT
5th Gear Member

thats what i use, havent had any problems yet

Originally Posted by H0SS302
Just get a remote bottle open/closer and youll never have to worry about it.
Old 05-11-2009, 10:05 PM
DarkShadow04
3rd Gear Member

thats awsome dimebag haha... and i will absolutely go around town purging my kit but im not worried about cops in my town, they all love my car and would let me get away with pretty much anything so yea, lol...not so concerned with that...since i got all the nitrous people here right now pretty much, do you have to leave your bottle warmer on all the time? like is it gonna blow up in my car or is that just to keep pressure up for use? and do subs affect the bottle at all? how careful do i have to be with it exactly, lol...
Old 05-11-2009, 10:11 PM
mustangman281
Banned

I can't even count how many friends I have that run nitrous on the street. It is illegal but only if its hooked up.

Quick Reply: nitrous...