4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

VITAL MUSTANG QUEsTIONS AND NEW PAINT JOB!

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2009, 01:25 AM
paintball1
3rd Gear Member

he said he cut me a deal and i should be happy with what i got
Old 05-15-2009, 01:41 AM
SVTeeshirt
5th Gear Member

how much did you end up paying? i don't know why you painted it in the first place.
Old 05-15-2009, 02:01 AM
2000AZ5.0GT
5th Gear Member

honestly, it does look like they sprayed right over it, you can see the texture in the paint, which wouldn't be there if they did as much prepwork as they should be doing.

Deal or not, did you at least sign something that states what work he will be doing for said price? If not, your SOL
Old 05-15-2009, 02:14 AM
2000AZ5.0GT
5th Gear Member

Oh, I also want to ask, you keep calling this your saleen, but it has zero authentic saleen bodyparts, neither the hood, side scoops, anything.

Also, I'd think you really hurt the retail value of the car if it is a true saleen, as it won't have the authentic production number on the front bumper anymore.

not to mention, Every time I've ever been near a paint booth with a car in it, I could see that the hood, Doors, and trunk were all taken off and painted separately, not while they were on the car.

Last edited by 2000AZ5.0GT; 05-15-2009 at 02:18 AM.
Old 05-15-2009, 07:10 AM
Roush2002
3rd Gear Member

first of all man you have got to get your typing skills under control. Now as for the paint job you will learn as your life matures that sometimes letting people you know do work is not always a good thing. Not saying in every case but in many. It happened to me many times. As for the color, I am not feeling the orange but its your car and if you like it then dont worry about what others think. The guy is probably screwing you because you know him, you are young and he probably doesnt give 2 ****s about the whole deal. You will likely get the short end of the stick on this one but know better next time.

Now for the Saleen part. The guy above made a good point. If it is a "REAL" Saleen then you ****ed yourself. To keep its value you should have left it in its original form...too late now. Good luck, I hope it works out for you.
Old 05-15-2009, 08:38 AM
fausty
4th Gear Member

Dude no offense but you need to man the hell up. First you let the guy who crashed into your saleen try to walk all over you and not want to pay for the damage, then you let this paint shop that you actually personally know chit all over you. They are not doing this for free so you have a right to ask questions and know exactly what they are doing to your car and how much its going to cost. You did ask what they are going to charge you before you left the car there right? Im not trying to be a douche but your not being wise with the decisions your making.I hope they didn't just paint right over the black paint.
Old 05-15-2009, 08:57 AM
paintball1
3rd Gear Member

Ok, i didn't pay anything for the paintjob, no money at all. Its a real saleen 858, the saleen body kit is off the car, being painted. Not all saleens have the heat exctator hood. alot of saleens came with this v6 hood. I ordered my number again threw saleen , had to give them my vin to verfiey. I know if i wanted to keep the value repaint it black, but black in OP doesn't bring out the body kit, it sticks out the body kit lines in a bright color. I should of prolly got Sonic blue or red color. I do ask questions, im up there everyday making sure they do something on my car. but i cant force them tgoo. no i didn't sign anything becuse i didn;t pay anything.
Old 05-15-2009, 09:00 AM
fausty
4th Gear Member

How come hes doing it for free?
Old 05-15-2009, 09:23 AM
paintball1
3rd Gear Member

he was my neighbor and saw befor an other paint shop fuked up my car. well not free kid who hit me paid 1300 for fender , wheel,so i have that fixed and he did the rest free if he could put his name on it, and that i would go to his car shows.
Old 05-15-2009, 09:36 AM
MAD SVT
4th Gear Member

its gonna take alot to pull off that color...

probably black wheels, black lights, black saleen markings and limo the windows.

If you were going for the "different" look..... you nailed it!

Quick Reply: VITAL MUSTANG QUEsTIONS AND NEW PAINT JOB!