4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

got some cobra goodies for the GT

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2009, 03:54 PM
hpwrestler220
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by steve0914
obviously, but why wouldn't he paint his mirrors instead of buying mirrors painted a different color?
well he said he picked this stuff off a wrecked cobra.. so if it was local, and the deal was right, he saves on shipping, and he can just get those two little mirrors painted for like $100...

if someone wrecked a cobra near you and was selling the mirrors for lets just say $100, but they were BLUE, would you buy them? or would you wait til you found a pair of white ones for $200+

i'm willing to bet he got a small deal by buying a few things from the guy instead of just one thing
Old 05-30-2009, 03:58 PM
steve0914
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by hpwrestler220
well he said he picked this stuff off a wrecked cobra.. so if it was local, and the deal was right, he saves on shipping, and he can just get those two little mirrors painted for like $100...

if someone wrecked a cobra near you and was selling the mirrors for lets just say $100, but they were BLUE, would you buy them? or would you wait til you found a pair of white ones for $200+

i'm willing to bet he got a small deal by buying a few things from the guy instead of just one thing

i would just paint mine...
Old 05-30-2009, 04:03 PM
hpwrestler220
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by steve0914
i would just paint mine...
you gotta be difficult dont ya =P
Old 05-30-2009, 04:37 PM
562cobra
5th Gear Member

There are some people who prefer the fold away mirrors than the stock non folding ones. To each his own.
Old 05-31-2009, 12:23 AM
casper_stang

Hi fellow stangmates, well the mirrors are by far superior to the stock ones, to begin with the base (black part) is metal, yes METAL not plastic and theres the fold away part which makes it so sweet. should be painting these bad boys pretty soon.

the story behind the parts is the following: my uncle who works in the auto salvage and wrecking industry came accross a 04 convertible cobra (insurance auction). you would think that since im directly related i would have gotten my parts for free, well NO!!!!

anyone who lives or has lived in southern cali knows that people in the wrecking yard are really greedy, shady and are usualy ****** and my uncle is no exeption, he thought that 300 bucks for everything pictured was a deal which it was and anyone on here would agree but i wanted the dang parts for FREE!!!!

anywho for that one person who asked about the scoop, i believe its still on there.

the car as it sits is nearly completely stripped, no engine, tranny or major cobra specific body pieces such as wing, sideskirts, bumpers and so on.
the hood was smashed halfway through so was the bumper. interior was stripped as well.

i might go back to get the entire IRS if the price is right but knowing my uncle who knows?
Old 05-31-2009, 12:34 PM
945LSTANG
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by casper_stang
Hi fellow stangmates, well the mirrors are by far superior to the stock ones, to begin with the base (black part) is metal, yes METAL not plastic and theres the fold away part which makes it so sweet. should be painting these bad boys pretty soon.

the story behind the parts is the following: my uncle who works in the auto salvage and wrecking industry came accross a 04 convertible cobra (insurance auction). you would think that since im directly related i would have gotten my parts for free, well NO!!!!

anyone who lives or has lived in southern cali knows that people in the wrecking yard are really greedy, shady and are usualy ****** and my uncle is no exeption, he thought that 300 bucks for everything pictured was a deal which it was and anyone on here would agree but i wanted the dang parts for FREE!!!!

anywho for that one person who asked about the scoop, i believe its still on there.

the car as it sits is nearly completely stripped, no engine, tranny or major cobra specific body pieces such as wing, sideskirts, bumpers and so on.
the hood was smashed halfway through so was the bumper. interior was stripped as well.

i might go back to get the entire IRS if the price is right but knowing my uncle who knows?
no...you wouldnt.

nothing in life is free buddy.
Old 05-31-2009, 12:56 PM
silverstang1996
5th Gear Member

^unless your a spoiled rich kid..freakin ****** hha
Old 05-31-2009, 01:01 PM
Sxynerd
6th Gear Member

...Everybody's gotta make a dollar somehow. Getting things for free creates an Obama-ination because we all know the only thing that's free is thoughts.
Old 05-31-2009, 02:31 PM
945LSTANG
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by sxynerd
...Everybody's gotta make a dollar somehow. Getting things for free creates an Obama-ination because we all know the only thing that's free is thoughts.
ROFL!!!
Old 05-31-2009, 03:10 PM
hpwrestler220
6th Gear Member

$300 is a deal.... and a pretty decent one

Quick Reply: got some cobra goodies for the GT