4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Which blower would you recommend?? HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2009, 05:49 PM
vanquish
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by avexhype
yes correct, im at about 10 psi right now

if im not mistaken the tuner said its at 16* of timing at redline

I'm conservative at 13* right now after datalogging. Pat from Delta Force Tuning is helping me with my tuning and he told me my timing is a little low but said not to go above 16*. That seems to be the right number for non-intercooled 10 psi I guess.
Old 06-01-2009, 08:13 AM
Mustang_NTriangle
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by jvog
I agree, a vortech is a good all around blower that is affordable. Its also very easy to find one.

BTW avexhype, I still don't understand how you are putting down that much power. Compared to me, you pretty much picked up 56 rwhp from tb/plenum because other than that we have the same mods....I know dynos are different but it just doesn't seem to add up lol.
Jvog I was also putting down low 400 rwhp with my prior setup 3.33" pulley and aftercooled. It is in the tune and dyno's will vary as well.
Old 06-01-2009, 09:24 AM
Tim99GT
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by MAD SVT
I vote Kenne Bell... I'm Biased though LOL
X1,000!

OP: what are your power goals? It is best to have an idea on where you want to be as far as power so you can buy the blower that best suites your needs.
Remember, anything over 450RWHP/TQ = BOOM eventually...
If you plan to go higher than this i suggest you get to work on a built motor first...

Deconfire: Did you sell the mustang?(Edit: Nevermind, just read your thread..Congrats) I also agree with the KB 2.8L.. That thing is a fn beast.... I cant wait to install mine
supposedly makes 640rwhp/tq at 17 PSI!

Last edited by Tim99GT; 06-01-2009 at 09:31 AM.
Old 06-01-2009, 09:36 AM
liljojo4711
4th Gear Member

does it matter which blower if ur car is an auto? i read that a centri doesnt see boost until like 3-4000rpm, but with my auto i dont get that high usually lol. im guessing i could change the shift points to not shift until redline, but just driving normally i wouldnt see any boost correct? so would that mean the kenne bell is the way to go for an automatic?
Old 06-01-2009, 09:47 AM
Tim99GT
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by liljojo4711
does it matter which blower if ur car is an auto? i read that a centri doesnt see boost until like 3-4000rpm, but with my auto i dont get that high usually lol. im guessing i could change the shift points to not shift until redline, but just driving normally i wouldnt see any boost correct? so would that mean the kenne bell is the way to go for an automatic?
No, it does not matter whether it is a auto or not.
Yes, i would adjust the shift points.(not to redline though)
They say KB for a auto b/c of the instant boost. this way you should be able to retain the stock shift points. Not quite sure what you shift point are, but i do know that with a KB you can be at full boost at 2700 rpms.

Keep in mine that unless you are mashing the gas, you will not be in boost regardless of the s/c brand/type.

so you can be driving at 3000 rpms and not be in boost with a auto until you stomp the go fast pedal....
Old 06-01-2009, 10:01 AM
liljojo4711
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Tim99GT
No, it does not matter whether it is a auto or not.
Yes, i would adjust the shift points.(not to redline though)
They say KB for a auto b/c of the instant boost. this way you should be able to retain the stock shift points. Not quite sure what you shift point are, but i do know that with a KB you can be at full boost at 2700 rpms.

Keep in mine that unless you are mashing the gas, you will not be in boost regardless of the s/c brand/type.

so you can be driving at 3000 rpms and not be in boost with a auto until you stomp the go fast pedal....
i just have the stock shift points. so it sounds like i need the KB. they are so expensive though lol.
Old 06-01-2009, 10:24 AM
Tim99GT
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by liljojo4711
i just have the stock shift points. so it sounds like i need the KB. they are so expensive though lol.
Well you dont have to have the KB.... You can go with any s/c.
And yes they are expensive ,but having owned one myself, its well worth it.
But then again, i'm sure this applies to any FI setup....
Old 06-01-2009, 11:00 AM
Roush2002
3rd Gear Member

Well you dont have to have the KB.... You can go with any s/c.
And yes they are expensive ,but having owned one myself, its well worth it.
But then again, i'm sure this applies to any FI setup....
+ 1 ^^^^^...and fun as he!! to drive
Old 06-01-2009, 12:19 PM
Fobra
Banned

An intercooled vortech is your best option for price/reliability/performance hands down.
Old 06-01-2009, 07:47 PM
MAD SVT
4th Gear Member

X1,000!

OP: what are your power goals? It is best to have an idea on where you want to be as far as power so you can buy the blower that best suites your needs.
Remember, anything over 450RWHP/TQ = BOOM eventually...
If you plan to go higher than this i suggest you get to work on a built motor first...

Deconfire: Did you sell the mustang?(Edit: Nevermind, just read your thread..Congrats) I also agree with the KB 2.8L.. That thing is a fn beast.... I cant wait to install mine
supposedly makes 640rwhp/tq at 17 PSI!
where did you hear this?

Quick Reply: Which blower would you recommend?? HELP!