Modular Performance - MustangForums.com


4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-08-2009, 10:55 PM   #1
mrtstang
6th Gear Member
Thread Starter
 
mrtstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: MI
Posts: 5,884
Default Modular Performance

Have any of you dealt with Modular Performance in Novi, MI.? I had a chance to personally meet with the owner (John Temensky) today. He is supposedly one of the best modular engine builders in the country from what i hear.

Very nice guy...humble and straight forward...took the time to listen and answer all my questions.

Anyway i accidently came across their site today, while looking at camshaft options. Needless to say this guy gave me a crash course in camshaft theory and technology as it pertains to the modular motor, and if he is right in his theories and applications, then there is a lot of bogus information out there about cams (as well as other things) for our cars.

I am strongly considering letting them make a custom grind for me.

So if any of you have dealt with John or his company please let me know!

Thanks!
mrtstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 10:19 AM   #2
mrtstang
6th Gear Member
Thread Starter
 
mrtstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: MI
Posts: 5,884
Default

Nobody has ever dealt with them?
mrtstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 11:11 AM   #3
Stevecooper
3rd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 912
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtstang View Post
Nobody has ever dealt with them?
Not personally, but you are correct they are one of if not the best modular engine builders.
Stevecooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 09:14 PM   #4
mrtstang
6th Gear Member
Thread Starter
 
mrtstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: MI
Posts: 5,884
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevecooper View Post
Not personally, but you are correct they are one of if not the best modular engine builders.

That's good to hear! Yeah, i just did some research on John and his company. It really does appear that he is among the absolute best when it comes to the mod motor.

Since he's only 5 miles from me, i will definantely be going to him for my cams, and other mod motor related stuff.
mrtstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 12:22 AM   #5
PowerShiftzGT
2nd Gear Member
 
PowerShiftzGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: MI
Posts: 168
Default

hmm i've never heard of them. Im going to check their site out.


Anyway i'd suggest you go over to SVTperformance.com and ask them on Modular performance. Im sure they have heard of them. or do a search over there.
PowerShiftzGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 04:59 PM   #6
mrtstang
6th Gear Member
Thread Starter
 
mrtstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: MI
Posts: 5,884
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerShiftzGT View Post
hmm i've never heard of them. Im going to check their site out.


Anyway i'd suggest you go over to SVTperformance.com and ask them on Modular performance. Im sure they have heard of them. or do a search over there.

Thanks! Yeah, everything i've read about this company (and i've done alot of researching) is A+. I even called places like Livernois and Alternative Auto, and they agree as well. This guy knows the mod motor like the back of his hand!

I'm not sure if their site is up to date though. Just call the number, and i think you'll be surprised with their knowledge and professionalism.
mrtstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 05:25 AM   #7
cliffyk
TECH SAVANT
 
cliffyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Saint Augustine, FL
Posts: 10,931
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtstang View Post
Have any of you dealt with Modular Performance in Novi, MI.? I had a chance to personally meet with the owner (John Temensky) today. He is supposedly one of the best modular engine builders in the country from what i hear.

Very nice guy...humble and straight forward...took the time to listen and answer all my questions.

Anyway i accidently came across their site today, while looking at camshaft options. Needless to say this guy gave me a crash course in camshaft theory and technology as it pertains to the modular motor, and if he is right in his theories and applications, then there is a lot of bogus information out there about cams (as well as other things) for our cars.

I am strongly considering letting them make a custom grind for me.

So if any of you have dealt with John or his company please let me know!

Thanks!
The amount of misinformation, disinformation, and just plain BS, put forth by advertisers and found in many forums and other online sources staggers the imagination...

With regard to the online stuff, Gene Spafford said of UseNet (the Internet's predecessor) in 1992;

Quote:
Usenet is like a herd of performing elephants with diarrhea -- massive, difficult to redirect, awe-inspiring, entertaining, and a source of mind-boggling amounts of excrement when you least expect it.
It was quite true then and now, 17 years later, it's not goten any better...
cliffyk is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Snow performance stage 2 MAF boos cooler install jwog666 Pipes, Boost & Juice 5 04-04-2016 04:23 PM
Intake manifold replacement Dokilar 4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang 15 10-16-2015 08:13 PM
I should've known better ChampInSD 5.0L GT S550 Tech 13 10-02-2015 04:55 AM
UPR Products Rockin the Lethal Performance Grille Delete Combo! Boostaddict Lethal Performance 0 10-01-2015 08:58 AM
UPR Products Rockin the Lethal Performance Grille Delete Combo! Boostaddict 3.7L V6 S550 Tech 0 10-01-2015 08:57 AM


Tags
cams, engines, john, mi, michigan, modular, mustang, mustangs, novi, performace, performance, piedmont, temensky

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump

Advertising
Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:00 PM.