4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Anyone have tinted headlights and fogs?

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2009, 12:00 PM
hpwrestler220
6th Gear Member

aereon.. if i could have one cars appearance, it would be yours... your car is ridicccccc.. i say it everytime, but i cant help but say it.. damn dude

and aereon, tint your fogs like i did... looks 10x more badass with the cobra front

my blackout front is in my sig...
Old 06-15-2009, 01:22 AM
Aereon
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by hpwrestler220
aereon.. if i could have one cars appearance, it would be yours... your car is ridicccccc.. i say it everytime, but i cant help but say it.. damn dude

and aereon, tint your fogs like i did... looks 10x more badass with the cobra front

my blackout front is in my sig...
it will be tinted, I just need to retrofit these 03-04 cobra fogs into the 99-01 bezels first=P
Old 06-15-2009, 09:19 AM
RipTide7
3rd Gear Member

What are you guys using to tint your lights?
Old 06-15-2009, 09:43 AM
pikuoff
2nd Gear Member

I have vinyl overlays:

Old 06-15-2009, 11:21 AM
6sphere
1st Gear Member

Not the best picture but Ive got stock smoked headlights and ebay smoked fog lights.

Old 06-16-2009, 08:50 AM
01MGGT
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by pikuoff
I have vinyl overlays:

How hard were those to install and where did ya get em?
Old 06-16-2009, 09:33 AM
pikuoff
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 01MGGT
How hard were those to install and where did ya get em?
I have the smoked vinyl overlay kit from StangMods. I actually got em off eBay but are the same ones he sells there. I think they're easy to install. I've taken them off several times (inspection, accident, etc.) and reapplied so I've got the procedure down. I use a spray bottle of water, a cap full of rubbing alcohol and a couple drops of dawn liquid dish soap. Be liberal with the spray concoction and it's a piece of cake.
Old 06-16-2009, 08:55 PM
ct_white_stang
4th Gear Member

I have the smoked vinyl overlay kit from StangMods. I actually got em off eBay but are the same ones he sells there. I think they're easy to install. I've taken them off several times (inspection, accident, etc.) and reapplied so I've got the procedure down. I use a spray bottle of water, a cap full of rubbing alcohol and a couple drops of dawn liquid dish soap. Be liberal with the spray concoction and it's a piece of cake.
I wasn't slick enough to do the overlays. I spent like 30 min f'ing around with them and gave up. No make what I did it would either crease or bubble. It reminded me of trying to tint windows...
Old 06-16-2009, 10:44 PM
01MGGT
4th Gear Member

Can you maybe link me to the person you bought them from or something? They are over priced on SM. And alot of sellers on ebay use ****ty film
Old 06-16-2009, 10:51 PM
Aereon
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 01MGGT
Can you maybe link me to the person you bought them from or something? They are over priced on SM. And alot of sellers on ebay use ****ty film
x2, which is why I ended up paying someone to lay a light tint on mine, I like having it just dark enough to cover up most of the projector retrofit so it looks stock=P

Plus paying someone 180 for all 5 lights was a pretty decent deal considering I didn't need to swear a few times to install tint overlays.

Quick Reply: Anyone have tinted headlights and fogs?