4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

18x9/10 10th Anniversary Deep Dish wheels from LRS

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2009, 08:52 PM
s197shockwave
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by teej281
Latemodel Restoration is soon gonna be offering the new dd 10th anniversary cobra wheels in 18 inch versions!!! Im interested to see what they look like. Just throwing that out there for people to read about and stuff. Thought some people might like to know.
how did u find out about this??
Old 07-09-2009, 09:12 PM
HamMach1
5th Gear Member

Hopefully you guys don't have as much trouble getting your wheels as some of the guys did with their 03/04 rear cobra bumpers.

http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/...ad.php?t=91274
Old 07-09-2009, 09:33 PM
fausty
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Slicktastyk Matt
Hopefully you guys don't have as much trouble getting your wheels as some of the guys did with their 03/04 rear cobra bumpers.

http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/...ad.php?t=91274
wow i just read that and I would never buy from them now.
Old 07-09-2009, 09:50 PM
amoosenamedhank
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by fausty
wow i just read that and I would never buy from them now.
I wouldn't go that far... it's really difficult to be in that situation when someone is hounding you for answers and you just don't have them. It's tough to be the middle man. They of course could have handled the situation better but I don't believe that is justification to never purchase from them.
Old 07-09-2009, 09:59 PM
E714FEVER
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mustang3GT07
I didn't know these wheels were still kool, I thought they were played out already!
I think all the wheels for mustangs are played I was looking at AM and some other places last night cause i'm thinking about getting another set but after an hour of looking at them all there were none that jumped out at me alls i kept saying was " There nice but everyone's got them" lol Oh well i guess I'll have to get me another set of pro stars or some drag lites!
Old 07-09-2009, 10:22 PM
teej281
4.6L Section Moderator

Well everyone may have FR500's or these new 10th anni deep dish wheels or whatever. But what a lot of people dont have is the real thing. I think im personally gonna go with some of the Ford Racing FR500's on all 4 corners and then when i need to have something wider, just pay to have them widened out to 10.5-11 when needed. So id say find something that everyone makes a replica of and use those so you can say that you have the original instead of the replicas. Just my .02. and the orignials look better for some odd reason too. Dont know why.
Old 07-10-2009, 12:51 AM
Mustang3GT07
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by E714FEVER
I think all the wheels for mustangs are played I was looking at AM and some other places last night cause i'm thinking about getting another set but after an hour of looking at them all there were none that jumped out at me alls i kept saying was " There nice but everyone's got them" lol Oh well i guess I'll have to get me another set of pro stars or some drag lites!
Go with some CCW's or TF's!
Old 07-10-2009, 08:01 AM
fausty
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by amoosenamedhank
I wouldn't go that far... it's really difficult to be in that situation when someone is hounding you for answers and you just don't have them. It's tough to be the middle man. They of course could have handled the situation better but I don't believe that is justification to never purchase from them.
I know the guy came in and tried to explain everything in the end but it was too late for that. They were still blowing smoke up peoples *** although they never had them in stock. And how do they justify shipping the wrong bumper 3-4 times to the same guy without even opening the box to see if it was correct. Imo they shouldnt post an add on something without even getting an initial product to see if the quality is good or even if its the right product. Thats what happens when they try to sell something before even having it. It sucks because that bumper was a great deal and they would have made some good business with it.
Old 07-10-2009, 08:47 AM
black35th
4th Gear Member

LMR is a horrible business and I will never order from them again.

I ordered my catback through them and they gave me the run around week after week for about 3 months before I canceled the order and went with someone else.

Then just recently, I thought that I would give them another try and ordered my wheel and tire combo from them. OF COURSE the wheels were on backorder. So after 2 weeks I called to see where they were and the guy said they just received a shipment and my wheels would ship the next day. One week later, I still have nothing, so I call them again. The guy proceeds to tell me that the supplier shipped the wrong wheels and mine would be in next week. Next week comes, I call again, and the wheels didn't show up again and he said it could be 2 weeks or longer. So I told him to cancel the order and get f*cked.

I read that whole thread over at mach1 registry and it sounds like the same **** that happened to me. I would never recommend anyone to LMR for anything more than a good f*cking headache, some stress, and a patience test.
Old 07-10-2009, 11:19 AM
OEWheelsLance
Former Sponsor

We have the preferred deep dish design in the 10th anny in 17X9/10 in 4 And 5 lug. Our piricing isn't bad either. Surprised no one has brought us up in the tread yet.
10th Anny Link

Quick Reply: 18x9/10 10th Anniversary Deep Dish wheels from LRS