4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

bullet stage 2 cams

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2009, 12:28 PM
massred98gt
2nd Gear Member

Default bullet stage 2 cams

just ordered some bullet stage 2 cams from nickmckinney (Who is very informative) has anybody run these on their car before??? they are fairly new cams for our cars from what i understand. i'm just trying to gauge what to expect by installing these cams from people who have used them before. they don't have as much duration or lift as say comp 270ah cams but the intake centerline is advancted a couple degrees more. any thoughts on this?? i'm just getting so impatient waiting for these babies to come in that i needed to vent lol.
Old 07-24-2009, 12:31 PM
H0SS302
6th Gear Member

Sounds like this guy copied hi-techs design.. should be good if he did.
Old 07-24-2009, 12:37 PM
Sxynerd
6th Gear Member

Bullet Racing cams is the company that grinds CMS.
Old 07-24-2009, 12:43 PM
massred98gt
2nd Gear Member

doubt it.. i was talking with him and the reason he decided to work with bullet to design these cams is because he had bent multiple valves using cams that claimed no ptv clearence issues (including hi-tech)
Old 07-24-2009, 12:46 PM
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

These are the cams i'm about to buy! I've talked to Nick a few times, and he knows his stuff. I've done countless hours of research (talked to a few of the top modular engine builders in the country) and long story short...these are some of the best cams you can get if you're looking to not change springs, or worried about ptv clearence issues. They will not have to be retarted or advanced to fit, and will clear without cutting it close!

Some of the basis of these cams are similar to Hitech's, but if you look into them, he didn't copy them at all!

If people knew some of the possible risks of installing some of these so called popular grinds on our cars, i think they would opt for grinds like this!

PM me when you get these on if you would. Im anxious to see how it will turn out.

Hopefully i'll be buying mine soon!

Last edited by mrtstang; 07-24-2009 at 12:50 PM.
Old 07-24-2009, 12:48 PM
H0SS302
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mrtstang
These are the cams i'm about to buy! I've talked to Nick a few times, and he knows his stuff. I've done countless hours of research (talked to a few of the top modular engine builders in the country) and long story short...these are some of the best cams you can get if you're looking to not change springs, or worried about ptv clearence issues. They will not have to be retarted or advanced to fit.

Some of the basis of these cams are similar to Hitech's, but if you look into them, he didn't copy them at all!

If people knew some of the possible risks of installing some of these so called popular grinds on our cars, i think they would opt for grinds like this!

PM me when you get these on if you would. Im anxious to see how it will turn out.

You a little excited there?
Old 07-24-2009, 01:02 PM
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by H0SS302
You a little excited there?
Lol...why? I haven't bought them yet! But i do like the fact these can be installed straight up, and make great power.
Old 07-24-2009, 01:12 PM
massred98gt
2nd Gear Member

These are the cams i'm about to buy! I've talked to Nick a few times, and he knows his stuff. I've done countless hours of research (talked to a few of the top modular engine builders in the country) and long story short...these are some of the best cams you can get if you're looking to not change springs, or worried about ptv clearence issues. They will not have to be retarted or advanced to fit, and will clear without cutting it close!

ya no doubt!! they should be in soon i hope. i ordered them almost two weeks ago. as soon as they come in i'm throwing them on. another kool aspect of these cams is if you are installing them on a npi engine like i am you have some room to play with the intake centerline. for example nick said that i could advance the centerline to 108 degrees safely with no ptv issues at all. for a street driven dd thats because i'll be able to salvage alittle more power downlow by doing this.
Old 07-24-2009, 01:18 PM
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by massred98gt
ya no doubt!! they should be in soon i hope. i ordered them almost two weeks ago. as soon as they come in i'm throwing them on. another kool aspect of these cams is if you are installing them on a npi engine like i am you have some room to play with the intake centerline. for example nick said that i could advance the centerline to 108 degrees safely with no ptv issues at all. for a street driven dd thats because i'll be able to salvage alittle more power downlow by doing this.
Yeah, you NPI are lucky when it comes to this...lol. BTW, are you buying the cam gears kit (you can return for a full refund if you don't need it) or aftermarket springs?
Old 07-24-2009, 01:24 PM
H0SS302
6th Gear Member

Lol...why? I haven't bought them yet! But i do like the fact these can be installed straight up, and make great power.
Because you use a !!!!!! after every sentence. lol

I have been in the Mustang crowd for quite some time and the only PTV issues I have ever heard of where on the really aggressive comp cams. I have never heard anything bad about a stage 2 anything from any company, especially CMS and hitech.. I think that guy is just trying to get a sale..

I am sure he makes an ok cam but take what a vendor says with a grain of salt.

Quick Reply: bullet stage 2 cams