4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

SSS exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2009, 11:01 AM
TheMustang
2nd Gear Member

I have the terminators. Very Happy.
Old 08-23-2009, 11:19 AM
teej281
4.6L Section Moderator

I would sooo love to actually be able to hear these exhausts because nobody has any sound clips up that are worth listening to yet. Get up on this guys!!! And i would say that you should pair up the SSS exhaust to an x pipe id say. Straight through mufflers sound better with x pipes...but then again i think everything sounds better with an x pipe. Just my opinion though.
Old 08-23-2009, 11:49 AM
ric6180

I have had them on for about a week now and I am very pleased with them. I will get a sound clip up as soon as I can (assuming i do it right) Everyone who hears them tells me they love the way they sound. As far as inside noise level if you are right at 2000 rpm's (70 mph for me) they are a little loud inside but if you go right below or above 2000 rpm they quiet down inside. I am stock on the rest of the exhaust .
Old 08-23-2009, 01:27 PM
Capt Hair
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by tnole23

now i just gotta decide whether to pair them up with an x or h pipe.
H pipe with flows for sure
Old 08-23-2009, 02:19 PM
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by tnole23
cool. i don't mind the outside noise as much. but i have to yell at people to talk while driving. figured it's cuz of the chambered flows.

now i just gotta decide whether to pair them up with an x or h pipe.
If you're talking between a o/r h or x pipe, then i'm going to say the x will sound better. If it's going to be catted then the h will be better IMO.

When i put my long tubes on i originally had the o/r h pipe with the Adrenaline mufflers. I didn't like it at all! It was very tinny and raspy with alot of popping and backfire on decel. So i had some high flow cats welded in, and it sounded great! It was very deep and bassy with no backfire, and sounded awesome at WOT.

I then went with the Terminators, and it sounded way better yet! Still deep and bassy, but much louder everywhere...idle, part throttle, and WOT.

To each their own, but the o/r h did not mix well at all with the Adrenaline's and long tubes IMO.
Old 08-23-2009, 02:28 PM
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

Also, i just picked up a brand new BBK shorty o/r x pipe with MIL eliminators today. At $40 i just couldn't pass it up. I will let you guys know how it turns out. I do know it's gonna be crazy loud (hopefully in a good way) with the long tubes and Terminator mufflers. If i don't like it, my buddy will buy it, and i'll throw my catted h back on. So i won't loose a dime if it doesn't work out.

To those who have been asking for clips, i will get some up soon. I like to use my dad's really nice digital camera. It doesn't distort or any of that crap. Only thing is that he's about an hour away, and i don't take the stang out there to often.
Old 08-23-2009, 02:30 PM
speedstang06
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ric6180
I have had them on for about a week now and I am very pleased with them. I will get a sound clip up as soon as I can (assuming i do it right) Everyone who hears them tells me they love the way they sound. As far as inside noise level if you are right at 2000 rpm's (70 mph for me) they are a little loud inside but if you go right below or above 2000 rpm they quiet down inside. I am stock on the rest of the exhaust .
+1, I have the adrenaline as well. Inside the car isnt bad at all imo. Right around 2000 rpm is the sweet spot though and its gets semi loud, but is very tolerable still. Im happy with it so far, had it on for about 2 months now.
Old 08-23-2009, 05:59 PM
tnole23

Originally Posted by mrtstang
If you're talking between a o/r h or x pipe, then i'm going to say the x will sound better. If it's going to be catted then the h will be better IMO.

When i put my long tubes on i originally had the o/r h pipe with the Adrenaline mufflers. I didn't like it at all! It was very tinny and raspy with alot of popping and backfire on decel. So i had some high flow cats welded in, and it sounded great! It was very deep and bassy with no backfire, and sounded awesome at WOT.

I then went with the Terminators, and it sounded way better yet! Still deep and bassy, but much louder everywhere...idle, part throttle, and WOT.

To each their own, but the o/r h did not mix well at all with the Adrenaline's and long tubes IMO.
i think i'm gonna go with an o/r x with the adrenalines. from what i've read, the arenalines have the same note as terminators, just lower volume. which i'd like to try. and if the o/r sucks, i'll by some universal hi flow cats and have the shop weld them in. hopefully someone will have the adrenalines in stock soon.

now i gotta try to find a tuner if i'm gonna go messing with the exhaust again.