4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

SSS exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2009, 09:35 AM
ric6180

Question SSS exhaust

I know there are a thousand different exhaust opinions, but I am just curious if anyone is running SSS exhaust and what their opinion of it is. Price is right and the one sound clip I found sounds good but I want someone who is using it to give me an opinion. Thanks
Old 08-11-2009, 09:59 AM
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

I have it. I got one of the first 50 units when they came out. I love this system! Great price and quality, with an incredible and unique sound.

They have 2 types of mufflers. The Adrenaline mufflers and the Terminator mufflers. I recently switched to the Terminator series. Basically the Adrenaline's sound something like Borla Stingers (maybe a little deeper and smoother imo) but with their own unique tone and sound. They're moderately loud while cruising, and quite loud at WOT. The Terminator's are loud all the time...from idle to redline! They are much louder than the Adrenaline mufflers. They have have more of the raw and loud sound of something like an SLP 1 Loudmouth, but again with a deep Borla type sound...kind of hard to describe.

I have these mufflers with a catted h pipe, and long tube headers. When i tell you this is one of the loudest systems i've ever heard with a catted mid pipe, i'm not exaggerating one bit. In fact one of my buddy's has long tubes, off road x pipe, and Borla Stingers, and mine is significantly louder and deeper. So, if you decide to get these mufflers, i highly suggest a catted mid pipe.

Last edited by mrtstang; 08-11-2009 at 10:02 AM.
Old 08-11-2009, 10:51 AM
ric6180

Thanks for the response. I am not sure which mufflers come with the kit it does not specify. I will call them and find out. Can't beat the price of them though over 100 less than magnaflow which is what I was going with. I'll give them a call , thanks again
Old 08-11-2009, 11:11 AM
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

No problem! The last time i checked, the catback came standard with the Adrenaline mufflers.
Old 08-13-2009, 11:17 AM
ric6180

Well I ordered the SSS, can't wait till it gets here hope it sounds as good as I think it will.
Old 08-13-2009, 11:35 AM
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

Awesome! Which mufflers did you get? Either way i think you're going to like it.

I don't see it in your sig, but do you have any other exhaust mods?
Old 08-13-2009, 02:21 PM
ric6180

nope just the cold air intake. I went with the adrenaline to keep the wife happy. Since the mufflers are interchangeable I figure I can always swap them later.

Old 08-23-2009, 08:15 AM
tnole23

Originally Posted by mrtstang
I have it. I got one of the first 50 units when they came out. I love this system! Great price and quality, with an incredible and unique sound.

They have 2 types of mufflers. The Adrenaline mufflers and the Terminator mufflers. I recently switched to the Terminator series. Basically the Adrenaline's sound something like Borla Stingers (maybe a little deeper and smoother imo) but with their own unique tone and sound. They're moderately loud while cruising, and quite loud at WOT. The Terminator's are loud all the time...from idle to redline! They are much louder than the Adrenaline mufflers. They have have more of the raw and loud sound of something like an SLP 1 Loudmouth, but again with a deep Borla type sound...kind of hard to describe.

I have these mufflers with a catted h pipe, and long tube headers. When i tell you this is one of the loudest systems i've ever heard with a catted mid pipe, i'm not exaggerating one bit. In fact one of my buddy's has long tubes, off road x pipe, and Borla Stingers, and mine is significantly louder and deeper. So, if you decide to get these mufflers, i highly suggest a catted mid pipe.
you wouldn't happen to be able to compare them to the flowmaster thunders could you? i have those with an o/r mid and the internal noise is old now. don't mind outside loud, but wouldn't want it any louder than that. looking more to lower it inside.
Old 08-23-2009, 09:25 AM
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by tnole23
you wouldn't happen to be able to compare them to the flowmaster thunders could you? i have those with an o/r mid and the internal noise is old now. don't mind outside loud, but wouldn't want it any louder than that. looking more to lower it inside.
Well, from what i hear the SSS Adrenaline mufflers will be louder than flows...especially at WOT. It should have less interior noise being that it is a straight through design. It will be pretty dang loud on the outside with a o/r mid pipe.
Old 08-23-2009, 09:43 AM
tnole23

Originally Posted by mrtstang
Well, from what i hear the SSS Adrenaline mufflers will be louder than flows...especially at WOT. It should have less interior noise being that it is a straight through design. It will be pretty dang loud on the outside with a o/r mid pipe.
cool. i don't mind the outside noise as much. but i have to yell at people to talk while driving. figured it's cuz of the chambered flows.

now i just gotta decide whether to pair them up with an x or h pipe.

Quick Reply: SSS exhaust