4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

My Build Update

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2009, 08:14 PM
Mustang_NTriangle
5th Gear Member

Default My Build Update

Well - I finally got the rest of my parts to complete by build. The UPS guys has been a daily occurrence for the past two weeks. My wife is like WTF...

- MMR 800 short block
- Received COMP Retainers for my COMP BEEHIVE Springs
- Mishimoto Radiator
- MMR 7Q Oil Pan
- Engine Stand from Summit Racing

Remaining steps:

Install CMS 2.5 blower cams, springs, and retainers
Pull my blown motor
Swap out parts w/ new 60 lb injectors
Install my new XTD Stage III clutch
MRT Catted H Pipe
Custom Dyno Tune

I cannot wait to hear the cammed sound with the new catted H pipe. Currently, I only have stock H pipe with STEEDA catback. Hopefully this will be done by 1st week in September

Once she is all done I will post up a video.

Keith
Old 08-14-2009, 08:41 PM
jvog
5th Gear Member

sounds sweet. I'm almost finished too, just gotta get the engine on the hoist, throw the flywheel on, install clutch and bolt the trans back up and drop it in. I have the same clutch by the way
Old 08-14-2009, 08:46 PM
Mustang_NTriangle
5th Gear Member

Nice JVOG you are almost done. Let me know how you like that clutch and if it much heavier than stock. For me, I have not driven my car in a year and currently driving 2008 Jetta 5 speed my DD so it is going to be a huge difference all around

What motor amounts are you using? I went with MMR solid motor mounts but keeping tranny mounts stock along with tranny for now. What pully size you running? I am going with 3.12". Goodluck with your build.
Old 08-14-2009, 09:03 PM
jvog
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mustang_NTriangle
Nice JVOG you are almost done. Let me know how you like that clutch and if it much heavier than stock. For me, I have not driven my car in a year and currently driving 2008 Jetta 5 speed my DD so it is going to be a huge difference all around

What motor amounts are you using? I went with MMR solid motor mounts but keeping tranny mounts stock along with tranny for now. What pully size you running? I am going with 3.12". Goodluck with your build.
I just reused my stock motor mounts because they looked fine. I talked to Chris at PAS and he said that they use factory motor mounts in most of their cars. I really need to figure out what fuel system I am going with so I can figure out what size pully I am going to need to make the power I want that my system can support. Any ideas as to the most affordable way to support 500 rwhp fuel wise lol
Old 08-14-2009, 09:20 PM
Mustang_NTriangle
5th Gear Member

Well I am using stock heads, 60 lbs injectors, Kenne bell Boost Pump, 1 SVT Focus Fuel Pump, 90 LMAF sensor, with stock fuel rails and lines. Sniper Commando tuned with a dyno.

I spoke with several people and they said above fuel setup will work. I am hoping that I do not peg my LMAF sensor. For me especially with stock heads I am not really going to be able to up the boost due to the bottle neck with heads and no headers 480-500 rwhp will be perfect. Going to 550 is it worth the extra coin for a complete new fuel system? For me it simply wasn't. What is your HP goal and are you using stock heads and mainfold?

It will be really interesting to me especially with new radiator and MMR 7Q oil pan - the thing holds 8 1/2 quarts of oil for cooler engine temps which is key. I have a vortech power cooler with stock heads and thinking I will be around 500 rwhp or slightly under.
Old 08-14-2009, 09:49 PM
johnr2001gt
2nd Gear Member

that should be a sweet set up when you get it done. nice job.............
Old 08-14-2009, 10:14 PM
Mr Graystang
4th Gear Member

sounds like its gonna be a beast , throw some pics up and lol at the wife's reaction tell her its a Stang thang.
Old 08-14-2009, 10:29 PM
jvog
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mustang_NTriangle
Well I am using stock heads, 60 lbs injectors, Kenne bell Boost Pump, 1 SVT Focus Fuel Pump, 90 LMAF sensor, with stock fuel rails and lines. Sniper Commando tuned with a dyno.

I spoke with several people and they said above fuel setup will work. I am hoping that I do not peg my LMAF sensor. For me especially with stock heads I am not really going to be able to up the boost due to the bottle neck with heads and no headers 480-500 rwhp will be perfect. Going to 550 is it worth the extra coin for a complete new fuel system? For me it simply wasn't. What is your HP goal and are you using stock heads and mainfold?

It will be really interesting to me especially with new radiator and MMR 7Q oil pan - the thing holds 8 1/2 quarts of oil for cooler engine temps which is key. I have a vortech power cooler with stock heads and thinking I will be around 500 rwhp or slightly under.

I am using stock heads and cams, but am throwing some headers on it. I have 60 lb injectors, and a HPX maf meter, so those aren't any issue. I was originally shooting for 525-550 rwhp but like you said, is it really worth the extra coin? According to what I read, using a BAP and even just a single focus pump aren't you supposed to upgrade your fpdm? I could go that route, but how much hp can the BAP and focus pump support?
Old 08-16-2009, 10:50 AM
z06saleen

2002 2v mod motor. stock heads with kennebell 2.6 liter supercharger. 14 pounds of boost. 450rwhp 500ft/lb.
Old 08-16-2009, 10:53 AM
z06saleen

2002 2v mod motor stage 2 patriot heads and cams. 2.6 liter kennebell 14 pounds of boost. 520rwhp 500ft/lbs.

Quick Reply: My Build Update