4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

I built it...Now I'm tired of it.

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2009, 06:45 AM
Sxynerd
6th Gear Member

Default I built it...Now I'm tired of it.

I think I'm going to pull the engine/blower and put it in my wifes 03 GT. What is the piece called that I'll need for her fuel rail? Any links to a good unit/price?

Anyone else finish there car and then are completely bored with it? I was so excited for it to be finished and now I'm just bored. (no dyno's yet for the number ******, lol.)

I'm going to pulley it up for my wife so it's only making high 400's since she doesn't need the same Hp that I have.

IDK what's next for me but I think I'm going old. 65-68 fastback or maybe even a Falcon. I highly doubt I'll be able to find another Model A for the initial budget but I'd like to build another one of those as well. I don't want to deal with another pushrod engine or carburetor for that matter but I guess, I'll just have to take my time to decide and weigh all the options. I've got the rest of the year to really decide and to get a new project. Hp will be limited to about 400hp in the next car. There's no point in it for me and for an old car.
Old 08-20-2009, 06:59 AM
WhiteFoxGT
Resident Ford Troll

I dont have any answers for you, but dude you change your mind soo many damn times I dont think its worth giving you advice. Hell next week you'll probably want to change the rims on your wife's car
Old 08-20-2009, 07:21 AM
Sxynerd
6th Gear Member

I understand your apprehension. I think the reason why I've been so "wishy washy" about what I do with this car is because I haven't been happy with it since I started building the car. It was never like this with any of my other cars. (67Elcy, 72Nova, 71grande, 57Ford Custom 300 & 30 5window)

This is my first late model project car and the first car where looks and Hp (400+) were both necessary. With my 72 (my DD for nearly 10 years) I knew exactly what I wanted and my end goal and I only changed wheels once, lol.

I guess I could be that I'm just burnt out on the car after all the crap this year but it still doesn't change that all I ever do is wish I still had a classic or vintage muscle to work on.
Old 08-20-2009, 07:33 AM
03BottleFedGT
3rd Gear Member

instead of putting it in your wifes 03 you should get a classic and drop it down in that. or a factory five car either the cobra or the 33 ford coupe.
Old 08-20-2009, 08:30 AM
Jazzer The Cat
Retired Moderator

Build yourself a corner carver... you will NEVER be bored

Jazzer
Old 08-20-2009, 08:44 AM
Tim99GT
4th Gear Member

Wow...! Please put your face right next to your monitor screen so i can e-slap the **** out of you!!! I cant believe this is even going through your mind! You just finished your car and now you're tired of it?!?! WTF?
Well if you put the engine in your wife's car, what are you going to do with your car? Put her motor in it and sell it?
Old 08-20-2009, 09:15 AM
Young_Buck
2nd Gear Member

You should just part it all out
Old 08-20-2009, 09:53 AM
Sxynerd
6th Gear Member

Haha, great replies. I want to slap myself sometimes too.

I will be swapping in my wifes engine into the 96 then selling it. I've got all winter to do it since my wife isn't really in a hurry either. I've actually already taken my suspension and wheels off my car and put them on hers. My cars sitting on jackstands, lol. I don't know if there's anyway i'd change my mind to go back to my car, it's just been just a PITA.

As far as putting the mod motor in the old muscle, I've really considered it but there are a lot more things that go into any old car before it can be just dropped in. Maybe later on down the road but I'm not keeping around the engine for a long term project that I may or may not use.
Old 08-20-2009, 10:00 AM
WhiteFoxGT
Resident Ford Troll

So what kind of car do you DD?
Old 08-20-2009, 10:16 AM
Sxynerd
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by WhiteFoxGT
So what kind of car do you DD?
Honda CRV, lol. No mods, just great reliable transportation, lots of room and 30mpg, lol.

Quick Reply: I built it...Now I'm tired of it.