4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

informative thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2009, 05:52 PM
nascrchi
3rd Gear Member

Question informative thread

So I always wonder how you guys get the S-Trims/prochargers, stage heads, intake manifolds, bad *** exhaust, cams and all those wonderful expensive mods. How do you guys budget to get them? How and what do you guys sacrifice to obtain these fullfiling unsatisfied modifications because we all know it's never enough! haha And what's your age because all the guys that have 03's are like 25 or something. lol damn I want one!

I'm 19 years of age. I go to school full time and have an english tutoring minimum wage payinig job which is barely enough to pay for necessities and gas + food, however I'm fine with that.

I think I can learn a thing or 2 by taking in consideration what you guys do to budget because i do need alittle help on that. hahah

so please, write away...

Last edited by nascrchi; 09-06-2009 at 05:55 PM.
Old 09-06-2009, 06:02 PM
DreamerGT
5th Gear Member

Im 26 with 2 kids so my family will always come first and I just put money away for the car. I dont have super modded car, but I will slowly but surely.
Old 09-06-2009, 06:22 PM
nascrchi
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by SilverNGrey4.6s
Im 26 with 2 kids so my family will always come first and I just put money away for the car. I dont have super modded car, but I will slowly but surely.
cool. And I'm sure your car pulls heavily! haha Family first is always the best way to go about many things! Are your kids into Mustangs as well? lol that's be cool. My little brother is 3 and I started him off with Lighting McQueen! haha
Old 09-06-2009, 06:28 PM
DreamerGT
5th Gear Member

yeah my son is 3 and knows a mustang when he see one lol. My daughter just turn one and she like playing with cars im sure she will learn about mustangs too. Last Christmas

sucks they only have the s197's

Last edited by DreamerGT; 09-06-2009 at 06:39 PM.
Old 09-06-2009, 06:38 PM
nascrchi
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by SilverNGrey4.6s
yeah my son is 3 and knows a mustang when he see one lol. My daughter just turn one and she like playing with cars im sure she will learn about mustangs too.
I bet that feels good when he points one out for you! hahaha gotta love it
I missed the picture! hahahahaha dang thats awesome! haha

Last edited by nascrchi; 09-06-2009 at 06:41 PM.
Old 09-06-2009, 06:45 PM
ct_white_stang
4th Gear Member

I'm 30, two kids, a house, bills, etc. Luckly, I have a good job but it still takes time to save. Hopefully next year will bring the pro-charger...winter is a good time to save cash.
Old 09-06-2009, 06:50 PM
mustangman03
3rd Gear Member

option 1 take $25 a week and put it in a savings acount thats around 1300 a year not counting interest.
option 2 get another job while i was in school i worked at Wal-Mart in the Tire Lube Express i went to school 5 days a week from 7-4:30 i went to work at 4:45 - about 9 worked all day on the weekends saturday and sunday and when i quit i was making 9.35 per hour i worked at least 30 hrs a week some times more.

option 3 play the lottery if you when the big one you're set for life if you manage your funds right.

Now remember nobody gets money over night alot of these people are in the military and some of them have good jobs but either one you have to work hard for what you want its not easy to get your hands on money these days i have been saving money for a while trying to get ahead and get some mods but it takes time and it doesnt happen over night
Old 09-06-2009, 07:04 PM
stangalator
4th Gear Member

im 22, in college and have some mods. I got the car for real cheap and I've been putting money into it slowly via summer job. I had to borrow money for the pi swap, but i have it paid off now. Once i get out of college (last year) ad get a good job i want to change out the fuel system and drop in a procharger, cams and a dyno tune. I should do suspension one day too, running around on the stock equipment is bad for launching

Edit: it helps alot being able to install your own parts, labor in a garage is alot of cash that could be used for other parts. I have installed everything but the 4.1's in my stang.

Last edited by stangalator; 09-06-2009 at 07:06 PM.
Old 09-06-2009, 07:17 PM
NoGo95GT
4th Gear Member

I am 19. I bought my car when I was 14. I taught basic piano lessons for 2 years, and saved up every penny I earned/could find. I did not spend anything while I saved for it. I bought it used from my aunt and uncle, bone stock w/57,000 miles. Since I was too young for a real job, I just saved what ever I earned from Christmas/Birthday and my $10 a week chores. I put it in a C/D and let it build interest. By the time I was 16, I had enough $$ to start modding and got a real job. I made two mistakes along the way. When my great grandma passed away in 07, she left a small amount of money for each family member. Instead of saving it, I used it toward my top end kit. And throughout the next two years, I have saved a lot, spending the minimum on gas and insurance. And yes, I was even forced to cut down on my lady action But in the end it was worth it. My second mistake was using my highschool grad money on buying my other 95 Mustang. it has been nothing more than headaches. A $3000 car turns into a $5000 car and so on. This is my story. I now have no money in my savings, other than for college. I live at home, so that helps to. It's true, you live and learn.
Old 09-06-2009, 07:34 PM
TheMustang
2nd Gear Member

I'm 21, I own a house, my stang and a truck to my name. I try to keep all the bills as low as possible..Not run a/c as much, change phone plans, etc. Also there is always overtime available where I work so that helps alot. After all of my bills and gas for work i average a budget of $650 per month for the mustang. I don't think thats bad after my mortgage, bills, car payments and insurance are paid. Oh, and next summer my truck will be paid off so that's 300 more a month free'd up.

Quick Reply: informative thread