4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

I got Trick Flow 4.6 heads installed!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2009, 06:29 PM
tyler04mustang

Derrick

IDK, the guy who put my heads ahs done my work since I was 16, (27 now). I was told by Summit that since the TF heads a just a little bigger than the PI heads the front main seal isnt big enough to make up for the increased gap, and they have a seal specially for the TF's. Ill let you know, I SHOULD get my car back tommorrow (Monday). As for the bearings, I was advised to replace the factory ones as well as the oil pumo to keep from spinnning a bearing, I haven't done the forged rotating assembly yet, Ill probebly to that later after my pocket book rebounds, also when an STS turbo, or Procharger with BOV is added. But no I didnt do that right now, funds were set. Know what i mean. god bless man.
tyler04mustang
Old 09-13-2009, 06:49 PM
GTRACER88
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by WannaBeGearHead
That guy put down 336/336 with TFS and cams. Not that impressive but still not bad.

So the guy had Patriot heads before and after the TFS he gained 8whp/1ft.lb? Doesn't seem worth the price difference.
Did you even read the thread you f*cking *****? He is running Stage 2 CMS CAMS!!! THEY ARE TOO SMALL! EVEN JIM AT CMS SAID SO HIMSELF IN THAT THREAD! It is why he made the stage 3 and 4 for those heads...

Sorry for singleing you out but seriously. When one buys heads you get a matching cam combo. ED HAD UNMATCHING HEADS AND CAMS. Who buys STAGE 3 heads and put the stock cams in? No one. This combo was what ED did. Some people were just waiting to say something negative about them. "oh the box packaging was a little beat up... F*CK TRICKFLOW!"

They are too new. They is limited info on them. I dont get some of you guys.

ALSO, WTF IS GOING ON HERE! Lately im sick of all the **** talking from members! Grow up... Im not saying believe him, just be civil about it... People here are wanting to talk and learn, solicitate, ask question but people dont ask because they are worried about being flamed. "REALLY DUDE ARE YOU F*CKING STUPID" ÄRE YOU SERIOUS?"

Some of you guys need to chill out... have a beer and just relax.

Im not saying i believe him, OP put a dyno sheet, but the cams you have are just too small to make 395 hp. They dont have enough lift. I hate to say dont be dissappointed but those heads need a cam with a bigger lift. You need different cams. Lizzy asked nicely for people not to flame him, next thing you know, everyone did...
Old 09-13-2009, 07:06 PM
99BlackPonyGT
aka 'Negative Nancy'

youre driving this car around untuned with all those mods? i would get it tuned ASAP before you blow it sky high
Old 09-13-2009, 07:11 PM
mustangman03
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by tyler04mustang
Derrick

IDK, the guy who put my heads ahs done my work since I was 16, (27 now). I was told by Summit that since the TF heads a just a little bigger than the PI heads the front main seal isnt big enough to make up for the increased gap, and they have a seal specially for the TF's. Ill let you know, I SHOULD get my car back tommorrow (Monday). As for the bearings, I was advised to replace the factory ones as well as the oil pumo to keep from spinnning a bearing, I haven't done the forged rotating assembly yet, Ill probebly to that later after my pocket book rebounds, also when an STS turbo, or Procharger with BOV is added. But no I didnt do that right now, funds were set. Know what i mean. god bless man.
tyler04mustang
To be honest if the heads are different size than stock the front cover seal would leak and it would also bind the front cover when you tightened it up and that needs more attention than a new seal not knocking your mechanic or anything but sounds like he may have messed up on the install and hes just telling you that so he doesnt have to pay for it. Like i said im just saying and not trying to knock anybody.

Last edited by mustangman03; 09-13-2009 at 07:14 PM.
Old 09-13-2009, 07:24 PM
99BlackPonyGT
aka 'Negative Nancy'

Originally Posted by mustangman03
To be honest if the heads are different size than stock the front cover seal would leak and it would also bind the front cover when you tightened it up and that needs more attention than a new seal not knocking your mechanic or anything but sounds like he may have messed up on the install and hes just telling you that so he doesnt have to pay for it. Like i said im just saying and not trying to knock anybody.
+1 ....the heads arent a bigger size... ide say your mechanic pinched a gasket or something and is trying to not take responsibility

so used to my 460 im sitting here thinking about how the heads would be affecting the front seal and i was just not getting it...then after you said timing cover, it clicked that we were talking about an SOHC motor lol

Last edited by 99BlackPonyGT; 09-13-2009 at 07:27 PM.
Old 09-13-2009, 07:30 PM
lilcrate
4th Gear Member

This your car bro? I like the anniversary but what did you do to the chin spoiler, you gotta let it straighten out before you put it on man.
Old 09-13-2009, 07:44 PM
mustangman03
3rd Gear Member

those wheels remind me of the ones on the mach 1
Old 09-13-2009, 08:01 PM
tyler04mustang

Lil crate

Yea thats my ride. Ok, Pikeville is built on a hill, sometimes I study at the library, my apt. and get tired of it, so i go to my buddies for a change in atmosphere. His apt. is on the hill side of town and my car drags when I leave his driveway, hence my chin lip looking the way it does, but yea thats my ride. Thanks for gettin git on here, didnt know how to do it bro. God bless.
Question to you and anyone else. If I used a centrifical supercharger WITH a pop off valve, would it ease the stres on the internals like a turbo which only operates at a certain rpm range? Thinking about a Procharger with POV, and forged internals.
And for the guy who mentioned tuning my car, It's tuned with a hand held Superchips tuner, is that not sufficent? God bless ya'll
Old 09-13-2009, 08:10 PM
vanquish
4th Gear Member

yes that is the purpose of a BOV. Most or all the supercharger kits have a bypass valve because of the reason you stated. But most are recirculated instead of blowing off into the atmosphere because they use existing draw through MAF sensors.

It sounds like you want the blow off noise so your 95mm maf that you have now? will have to be converted to blow through instead of draw through that most kits assume you use.

Last edited by vanquish; 09-13-2009 at 08:12 PM.
Old 09-13-2009, 08:11 PM
a_penquin
4th Gear Member

it would be better with a dyno tune, generic hand helds are mostly for a little more out of stock vehicles

Quick Reply: I got Trick Flow 4.6 heads installed!!!!