4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

SN95 owners with head/tail light covers

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2009, 10:27 AM
Matt's 95 Stang
Resident Ginger

Default SN95 owners with head/tail light covers

Im looking at getting head/tail light covers (blackouts) and was wondering how you like them. Had any problems with them? How do they attach? Some say they go on with 3M tape (how well does the tape hold?), some screw on?? Im posting this in both the 6er and V8 sections to get more hits.

Thanks,
Matthew
Old 09-20-2009, 10:36 AM
99BlackPonyGT
aka 'Negative Nancy'

i like mine

*not installed in my sig*

they attach with velcro.... the velcro is 3m and attached to the headlight, and the other piece is attached to the cover, so they remove easily if you wanna take them off for night driving
Old 09-20-2009, 10:37 AM
Sxynerd
6th Gear Member

I hate them. They are cheap looking crap. If you want blacked out tinted tail lights, take your taillights to a auto painter and have them tint them. Any painter that's been painting a while will know how to do it. Here's mine.

Last edited by Sxynerd; 05-09-2011 at 12:34 AM.
Old 09-20-2009, 11:08 AM
99BlackPonyGT
aka 'Negative Nancy'

Originally Posted by sxynerd
I hate them. They are cheap looking crap. If you want blacked out tinted tail lights, take your taillights to a auto painter and have them tint them. Any painter that's been painting a while will know how to do it. Here's mine.
+1...they are cheap looking...i ruined my headlights when i recked my car, and didnt have the funds to get new ones, so i settled with covers and my stock ligths....tinted definately looks a LOT better, and ill be going back to them eventually
Old 09-20-2009, 12:23 PM
lizzyfan
Underboss

Tinted tails look good but Geez, more reason for the po-po to pull you over
Old 09-20-2009, 12:56 PM
Sxynerd
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by lizzyfan
Tinted tails look good but Geez, more reason for the po-po to pull you over

I think the tint of the camera make it look darker than they really are. From a car driving behind, you can still make out the octagonal reflective design inside and at night it's still just as bright. I've been pulled over for window tint half dozen times, I was pulled over one time because the guy want to make sure I hat DOT tires (NT01's), and lets not forget the 9 points I got on my license the first year I moved to Michigan. (Back to 0 now, lol. It was a tough expensive year.) The officer that pulled me over mentioned my tail lights and he said that they looked good and thought they were "export lights".

Now that I stopped driving fast on the hwy and got a prescription for the tint I haven't been pulled over. (Knock on wood)
Old 09-20-2009, 12:59 PM
99BlackPonyGT
aka 'Negative Nancy'

I think the tint of the camera make it look darker than they really are. From a car driving behind, you can still make out the octagonal reflective design inside and at night it's still just as bright. I've been pulled over for window tint half dozen times, I was pulled over one time because the guy want to make sure I hat DOT tires (NT01's), and lets not forget the 9 points I got on my license the first year I moved to Michigan. (Back to 0 now, lol. It was a tough expensive year.) The officer that pulled me over mentioned my tail lights and he said that they looked good and thought they were "export lights".

Now that I stopped driving fast on the hwy and got a prescription for the tint I haven't been pulled over. (Knock on wood)
whats the trick to getting a prescription?
Old 09-20-2009, 01:04 PM
lizzyfan
Underboss

Originally Posted by 99BlackPonyGT
whats the trick to getting a prescription?
Here in De. it's called a tint waiver
Went to the Dr. and him sign it saying I have photo-sensitivity
Old 09-20-2009, 01:05 PM
Sxynerd
6th Gear Member

This is the only video or picture at night I have and unfortunately it's of me loosing a race. (To my defense, It's when I still had stock 2.73's and he was bull****ting his numbers 480rw with an auto) It does however show two mustang at night, one with tint and one without.

http://s44.photobucket.com/albums/f3...stangsrace.flv

Originally Posted by lizzyfan
Here in De. it's called a tint waiver
Went to the Dr. and him sign it saying I have photo-sensitivity
Life long history of migraines and a 4 page waiver to the DMV. It is now illegal for me to drive a car WITHOUT tint.
Old 09-20-2009, 01:17 PM
lizzyfan
Underboss

Life long history of migraines and a 4 page waiver to the DMV. It is now illegal for me to drive a car WITHOUT tint.
Yea, my girlfriend gets migranes and did the tint on her 300C
Migranes are a motherf%cker!!!

DIO
Man I remember his 1st headlining tour with Twisted Sister opening, 1983 Tower Theatre, Philly
Sorry O/P

Quick Reply: SN95 owners with head/tail light covers