4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Finally Bought a Mustang!

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2009, 10:10 PM
wrr1020
2nd Gear Member

Default Finally Bought a Mustang!

What's up guys, i'm sure you guys get a lot of i just got a Mustang posts but i'm gonna have to make one as well. I've been wanting one for years and finally got one last Saturday. It's an 02 mineral grey GT.

I don't even know where to start mod wise, can't decide between lowering springs or exhaust. If i go exhaust its a toss up between the super 44 Flowmasters or a mac catback. I may throw an h-pipe on there in the near future but for now the catback will be all i do exhaust wise. Got 30% tints put on today and it looks awesome, just have to worry about all the damn police here in So Cal.

Also if anyone can help me out with the lowering springs, i wanted to know if i buy some H&R super sport springs will i have to buy new shocks as well or will the stock shocks be fine? Here's a few pics of the car i took today, thanks in advance for anyone that answers my questions.

Old 09-28-2009, 10:15 PM
PaintballFreak
4th Gear Member

Welcome to the site and congrats on your purchase!

To answer your questions about shocks and struts - the short answer is no. BUT since they are used to being in a certain position, changing the springs will cause them to fail within a short time. It's not going to hurt anything but you need to be prepared to change them when they go. Most people just replace them at the same time because of the increased ride quality with performance shocks/struts and because they are already in there doing the work.

If you are looking at HR SSs you need to buy caster camber plates so that your alignment can be properly set.
Old 09-28-2009, 10:27 PM
0949er
4th Gear Member

congrats man... may the mustang gods be with you...

oh, and once you start moding, you will not stop untill the cars gone or you are.

"It is the mod that never ends..... yes it goes on and on my friends....."

some people, started singing it, not knowing what it was....

haha get THAT out of your head...
Old 09-28-2009, 11:11 PM
WannaBeGearHead
Go Texas!!!

Congrats on your purchase! Car looks very clean! Like said before if you get the lowering springs, get shocks/struts and FLSFCs. Your car will ride very nicely.
Old 09-28-2009, 11:37 PM
Mustang3GT07
6th Gear Member

Congrats!

What are your goals for the car?
Old 09-28-2009, 11:47 PM
mvr
6th Gear Member

congrats. dsg ftmfw.

you dont "need" to get new shocks/struts for H&R SS springs but its highly recommended along with c/c plates.
Old 09-28-2009, 11:52 PM
wrr1020
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mustang3GT07
Congrats!

What are your goals for the car?
Thanks for the responses guys! At this point i'm honestly not sure exactly what i wanna do with it. I'm not looking to throw heavy mods on it since it's my daily driver. As of now i just want the exhaust and the suspension done. Ever since i heard my cousins 95 cobra that was cammed, long tubes, catless h and catback i fell in love with the sound of a Mustang. I was only 14 at the time so i couldn't own one myself. Now that i have one the exhaust is pretty much at the top of my list and i'm hoping to do that in about a month or so.

Like someone stated once i start modding i won't stop. Gonna do the grill delete kit and mach 1 chin spoiler as well.
Old 09-29-2009, 12:02 AM
0949er
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by wrr1020
Thanks for the responses guys! At this point i'm honestly not sure exactly what i wanna do with it. I'm not looking to throw heavy mods on it since it's my daily driver. As of now i just want the exhaust and the suspension done. Ever since i heard my cousins 95 cobra that was cammed, long tubes, catless h and catback i fell in love with the sound of a Mustang. I was only 14 at the time so i couldn't own one myself. Now that i have one the exhaust is pretty much at the top of my list and i'm hoping to do that in about a month or so.

Like someone stated once i start modding i won't stop. Gonna do the grill delete kit and mach 1 chin spoiler as well.
in that case go exhaust, and def add an o/r pipe if you can to give it some good dB's haha
Old 09-29-2009, 12:10 AM
Mustang3GT07
6th Gear Member

~ Mac O/R H
~ Mac Catback

FTW!
Old 09-29-2009, 12:10 AM
67fire
2nd Gear Member

The car looks to be in showroom condition!
You are a good shopper. How many miles and how much did you have to shell out?

BTW, Eibach Springs and shocks. (same supplier that Saleen used.)

Eric

Last edited by 67fire; 09-29-2009 at 12:13 AM.

Quick Reply: Finally Bought a Mustang!