4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

410's!

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2009, 07:33 PM
Pubydingus
1st Gear Member

Exclamation 410's!

I get my 410's installed this weekend. Im super stoked. Found an off road shop to doit for $350 w/ 1yr warranty.. are longtube headers hard to install on your own what kind of stuff needs to be done...
Old 10-06-2009, 07:40 PM
Capt Hair
2nd Gear Member

congrats on the gears, and longtubes=bitch to install, I just had a shop do mine, some money=no headaches haha, and I don't have patience at all
Old 10-06-2009, 08:12 PM
Fizzics Boy
3rd Gear Member

Your car is going to be completely different with the gears. I just installed my 4.30s last weekend, but me and my friend did it ourselves. And long tubes are not that hard to install, more of a pain because you have to take a lot of stuff off the car. To install his, we took the whole front suspension off, steering rack off, dropped the k-member, installed headers and put everything back together.
Old 10-06-2009, 08:36 PM
JC316
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Fizzics Boy
Your car is going to be completely different with the gears. I just installed my 4.30s last weekend, but me and my friend did it ourselves. And long tubes are not that hard to install, more of a pain because you have to take a lot of stuff off the car. To install his, we took the whole front suspension off, steering rack off, dropped the k-member, installed headers and put everything back together.
Took me 4 hours to pull the engine out the top, why not just pull it to install them? Seems like dropping the K member would be alot more of a pain in the ****.
Old 10-06-2009, 08:42 PM
Fizzics Boy
3rd Gear Member

It's not that hard to drop the k-member. From the time the car was on jackstands until the k-member was out took an hour tops.
Old 10-06-2009, 08:44 PM
98redstang
5th Gear Member

I didnt even drop the k member and it wasnt that horrible. I think it was worth it. You just need the right tools. i used a couple of weird setups to reach some of the bolts. And as for the gears your gonna have a lot of fun.
Old 10-06-2009, 09:12 PM
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

Good choice on the 4.10's! To do the long tubes you'll need basic hand tools, and be somewhat mechanically inclined. If you don't have either, i wouldn't attempt it!
Old 10-06-2009, 09:33 PM
Dteal23
3rd Gear Member

sorry ti hi jack, but i am going to try and tackle my LT's this weekend. what tools are needed??? any tips would be appreciatted also. thanx ahead of time
Old 10-06-2009, 10:04 PM
Fizzics Boy
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Dteal23
sorry ti hi jack, but i am going to try and tackle my LT's this weekend. what tools are needed??? any tips would be appreciatted also. thanx ahead of time
Sockets, both big and small. I forget the exact sizes. Air tools if you have them will make life much easier, wrenches (big adjustable for the EGR), extensions and swivels. These are the tools we used, but we dropped the k member, which made it very easy to access the nuts and studs for the manifolds. dont forget a jack to hold the engine up too if you plan on doing it this way.
Old 10-06-2009, 10:29 PM
Dteal23
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Fizzics Boy
Sockets, both big and small. I forget the exact sizes. Air tools if you have them will make life much easier, wrenches (big adjustable for the EGR), extensions and swivels. These are the tools we used, but we dropped the k member, which made it very easy to access the nuts and studs for the manifolds. dont forget a jack to hold the engine up too if you plan on doing it this way.
damn... yeah im gonna call a couple of buddies to give me a hand lol. thanks man

Quick Reply: 410's!