4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

help guys need opinion on next modification!

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2009, 11:31 AM
Dteal23
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by lilcrate
Aint nothing wrong with n2o. Street racing and road racing are two different things. You two started argueing over road racing from someone mentioning a stop light, that is street racing, which should not be promoted. Road racing is great. The guy made a good buy with the n2o and will probably love it.
wasnt promoting it at all, but it happens and people do it. It was just an example cuz everyone runs into that guy in a camaro that wants to go at a green light. thats all i was saying...
Old 10-15-2009, 11:42 AM
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by GTRACER88
Why the **** would you run nitrous and have te bottle low? No seriously? My bottle is never low. Never empty. And if one wants to race I have it. **** road racing. It's a mustang... Straight line buddy. If your into road racing, why even why the **** consider nitrous..?

I love the argument that people, WHO DONT RUN NITROUS, tell give them stupid advise. The chances, seriously, of catching me and many others on an empty bottle, is rare. For me never. I have had it for well over a year now. Never been empty. Never. The comment about it about being convieniant... Your wrong because a flip of a switch it's there...
+1... well said! I feel the same way about my nitrous setup. Whenever i've needed it, i've always had it. I've never ran out, had low pressure, or had the bottle off when i needed it.

For the money it's hard to beat! Also, all things being equal, it's going to take a supercharged stang with significantly more power to outrun a nitroused stang with lesser power. I've been there and done that!

Of course i'd "prefer" a blower, but for the money, i'm much happier with the juice.
Old 10-15-2009, 12:13 PM
preston145
1st Gear Member

damn guys i just said i had three bottles im not goign to ever run my bottle empty if one gets low ill take it out and put my fresh one in and take the other one to get refilled. you think im going to spray the bottle until its empty? thats stupid i was just inferring i have two extra bottles that i will keep full so its that much easier to swap one out when i get home or whatever. im not much of a street racer i live a mile from the drag strip so ill play there. i have had turbo'd cars supercharged i have never owned a nitrous car so thats what i decided on. im going to go push my button now. peace
Old 10-15-2009, 12:19 PM
Dteal23
3rd Gear Member

omg dude nobody was knockin your choice^ good luck with your setup. post some results after your nitrous and cam install
Old 10-15-2009, 01:58 PM
preston145
1st Gear Member

will do thanks!