4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Just put o/r H pipe on....

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2009, 02:14 PM
ChalknCover
Sgt. Killjoy

Yep, +1 to that, just drive normal even with no cops around because you don't want a pissed off citizen calling in a noise complaint because you are driving like you are a ricer meaning you rev at every available opportunity and have to do a ricer flyby to everyone just so they know you are superior.

Oh, and yes, I love passing cops no matter if I am in my car or truck, what is funny though, it reminds me of being in college and I am the first kid to turn in my test, the second you get up and make your way down the aisle, you have a line behind you because everyone was just too scared to be first. Pass em if they are going too slow, shows em you have nothing to hide.

Last edited by ChalknCover; 11-04-2009 at 02:17 PM.
Old 11-04-2009, 02:52 PM
boduke0220
6th Gear Member

nope never have, most compliment my car. i could see someone with open headers or no cats an lm1's getting pulled if over 2500
Old 11-04-2009, 03:01 PM
99BlackPonyGT
aka 'Negative Nancy'

i drove around with an o/r h and no catback at all lol...just o/r h dumped...didnt get pulled over
Old 11-04-2009, 04:38 PM
PurpleIcedGT
6th Gear Member

im running an offroad H into a bassani catback and oh my god its loud as all hell. I'm definitely worried because these ******* cops up in CT mess with people for no reason...
Old 11-04-2009, 04:40 PM
MU71L4710N
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by BlueBloodedPony
Yep, +1 to that, just drive normal even with no cops around because you don't want a pissed off citizen calling in a noise complaint because you are driving like you are a ricer meaning you rev at every available opportunity and have to do a ricer flyby to everyone just so they know you are superior.

Oh, and yes, I love passing cops no matter if I am in my car or truck, what is funny though, it reminds me of being in college and I am the first kid to turn in my test, the second you get up and make your way down the aisle, you have a line behind you because everyone was just too scared to be first. Pass em if they are going too slow, shows em you have nothing to hide.
lol yeah people drive like f***ing babies now adays and it pisses me off. i followed some douchebag today (older guy in a 350z) doing 20mph for several miles in a 35mph zone. its a single lane street (one lane each way) and when a second lane opened up i passed him and was doing 40-45. he then starts weaving through traffic trying to keep up to me and even passed me at several points until he hit another red light. how the hell u gonna be going half the speed limit then the minute someone passes you, you turn into ricky bobby.
Old 11-05-2009, 09:59 AM
98redstang
5th Gear Member

^ that happened to me yesterday! Some guy had to frigin cut me off so i was like okay as long as he does the damn speed limit. Well he was doing 35 in a 50 for a good 3 miles. It was the same thing one lane each way and than it finally went to the dotted yellow so i could pass and i dropped into second and get on it like a little over half throttle to go around him and he stomps on the gas and trys to not let me back over! So i just womped on it and blew passed him with my finger out the window haha. Dumba$$ The car was a trailblazer btw which makes it all that more funny and he was like mid 50s to 60.
Old 11-05-2009, 10:12 AM
CobraCurt
2nd Gear Member

I had an o/r h on my 01 GT, never got pulled over.
Old 11-05-2009, 06:56 PM
0440thgt
2nd Gear Member

When I go through small towns I keep the RPMs down.

Haven't been pulled over yet.

Just don't be an *** hat and you'll be fine.
Old 11-05-2009, 09:35 PM
mrsinister2424
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by MU71L4710N
i was pulled over once because i was intentionally bieng an ******* (and he was in a bad mood that day so he pulled me over). i pulled up next to him at a redlight, i have flowmasters and a or x btw. light turns green and i take off at my normal rate (which is much quicker than most other people take off from red lights and i left the cop a couple cars back, but i didnt break tires loose and wasnt hammering it either. just rapid 2500rpm shifts that i normally do. did that for a couple lights and i was engine braking for the red lights up the road and the cop pulled me over finally. basically he was an ******* to me for about 30 seconds while i rolled my eyes at him and he left. i dont alter the way i drive when a cop is near me (except slow down if im a few mph over the limit). i think its dumb and retarded when people crawl away from stop lights because a cop is next to them. and ive talked to cops and they get a kick out of it and think its hellarious when people do that (thats why cops drive so slow. ever been in a 45 and a cop is going 35 and NO ONE has the guts to pass him? i will without thinking twice as long as im not speeding to do it, people need to learn its not a crime JUST for going faster than a police officer).

as long as your not breaking any laws they have no reason to pull you over. only way your car is going to get loud enuff to get pulled over is if your redlining. harleys make more noise than our cars. cops usually wont pull you over for your exhaust bieng loud, its becuase your exhaust was loud AND you were doing something stupid.
Is being mr hard headed tough guy worth a ticket? Ehhhh, I say no. So I take my time and keep my car as quiet and slow as reasonably possible. Look at me, I don't give a **** who you are. I DO WHAT I WANT, **** YOU POLICE!

@OP: Just don't do stupid **** like downshift, in front of a cop, or give them any reason to THINK about pulling you over. Just do your thing, and don't drive like an idiot.
Old 11-05-2009, 11:24 PM
MU71L4710N
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mrsinister2424
Is being mr hard headed tough guy worth a ticket? Ehhhh, I say no. So I take my time and keep my car as quiet and slow as reasonably possible. Look at me, I don't give a **** who you are. I DO WHAT I WANT, **** YOU POLICE!

@OP: Just don't do stupid **** like downshift, in front of a cop, or give them any reason to THINK about pulling you over. Just do your thing, and don't drive like an idiot.
he had nothing he could ticket me for except maybe the sound level of my exhaust...which would be a 79$ non moving violation ticket. he would also have to prove my car passes the 125db (or whatever) limit for sound which he would have to get my car tested.

i don't have that attitude by any means. i drive like i always do weather i got a cop on my *** or not. and ive NEVER been ticketed for it. because downshifting for lights isnt a crime. when i get pulled over im strait with the cops and dont give em any bull****. and im let go of the majority of my speeding tickets and stuff. i dont granny it to 1500 rpms and shift, granny it some more and shift, then neutral roll to a stop light and TRY my damndest to let the cop pass me because im **** scared of getting a ticket for driving within my legal rights.