4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

I think im leaving...

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2009, 10:22 AM
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

I agree, you cant beat nitrous for the money! Of course a turbo of even a supercharger would be nicer, but i simply couldn't justify the cost.

You could fill the bottle a 100+ times and still not equal the price of a turbo lol. Plus i've found a bottle lasts a lot longer than i originally thought on the streets. I play around a lot, and have gone through maybe 5 bottles for the whole season. That's street and track.
Old 11-05-2009, 12:10 PM
GTRACER88
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by gif4445
I want the lowering springs! haha

Good choice getting rid of the NOZ
You have dibs on them.

Originally Posted by nascrchi
what if you go to the track and something bad happens while running the 1/4 mi on the juice? Be careful man! and goodluck
Lol i have been spraying on the street and never had a problem. Im spraying 100 shot man. There is nothing to worry about. That like me driving to the track stock and worring about blowing the engine.. Not going to happen.

Originally Posted by boduke0220
goodluck!!

dibs on headers
Lol to late. I already have someone interested in them. If he doesnt get them, your next!

Originally Posted by JayC
I'm around several turbo cars since my friend and tuner installs, as well as tunes them. All I can say is, I hope you have deep pockets. There is no "cheap" route with a turbo. Everything is critical, from the turbo set-up, tune as well as drivetrain. I have seen more incomplete builds with turbos than any other form of power-adder. A lot of folks run out of money and sell out before ever hitting the track. Just something to think about.
This is true and all the parts that im selling are going to making the set up right! Im starting with the basics first then getting the kit. For instance im getting a new stall converter, having my valve body worked on, dont need to work on the clutches just yet with the power i want, rear end is fine for my power level, getting the proper fuel, all the gauges, and then LAST the actual turbo kit.

Originally Posted by 99BlackPonyGT
why was it a good choice?

i hate when people imply that nitrous is any worse for a car than other power adders...uninformed people who watched too much F&F

to the OP, if i had the option between a single turbo and nitrous, i would get the turbo also...turbo cars are ****ing awesome...hope you realize how much its going to cost though...its nowhere near as cheap as a properly done nitrous or supercharger set up

www.on3performance.com sells a nice turbo kit for 2vs, for a great price....it would atleast be a good place to start, and you could always upgrade the head unit to something more aggressive later once the car is running

goodluck man, hope it turns out how youre expecting, just dont sell all your stuff and then realize that a turbo is 3x the cost of nitrous and then be stuck with nothing because you sold out and couldnt afford the turbo
Well actually the cost of going turbo or supercharger is literally about 5 times more. Just people dont realise it. Im aware of the financial aspect, and im getting all the small parts first, THEN getting the turbo kit! I honestly dont like on3performance kit. Im looking at B&G customs or PonyDown turbo kit! Im STUCK!!

Originally Posted by mrtstang
I agree, you cant beat nitrous for the money! Of course a turbo of even a supercharger would be nicer, but i simply couldn't justify the cost.

You could fill the bottle a 100+ times and still not equal the price of a turbo lol. Plus i've found a bottle lasts a lot longer than i originally thought on the streets. I play around a lot, and have gone through maybe 5 bottles for the whole season. That's street and track.
This is true. For the money is unbeatable! Look at your torque, Look at JayC's times! We shall find out what my times are soon!
Old 11-05-2009, 01:36 PM
sainthk
2nd Gear Member

dibs on the JUICE.
Old 11-05-2009, 01:38 PM
GTRACER88
5th Gear Member

Sebastian PM me.
Old 11-05-2009, 01:43 PM
sainthk
2nd Gear Member

PM sent
Old 11-05-2009, 02:53 PM
Fobra
Banned

Originally Posted by GTRACER88
You have dibs on them.

Lol i have been spraying on the street and never had a problem. Im spraying 100 shot man. There is nothing to worry about. That like me driving to the track stock and worring about blowing the engine.. Not going to happen.

Lol to late. I already have someone interested in them. If he doesnt get them, your next!

This is true and all the parts that im selling are going to making the set up right! Im starting with the basics first then getting the kit. For instance im getting a new stall converter, having my valve body worked on, dont need to work on the clutches just yet with the power i want, rear end is fine for my power level, getting the proper fuel, all the gauges, and then LAST the actual turbo kit.

Well actually the cost of going turbo or supercharger is literally about 5 times more. Just people dont realise it. Im aware of the financial aspect, and im getting all the small parts first, THEN getting the turbo kit! I honestly dont like on3performance kit. Im looking at B&G customs or PonyDown turbo kit! Im STUCK!!

This is true. For the money is unbeatable! Look at your torque, Look at JayC's times! We shall find out what my times are soon!
i dont know about that, with all the bells and whistles n20 is close $1k. Then factor in 50 bucks a bottle and the PITA of having to take it out and have it filled every week... I think its great for a straight drag car that you play with on the track, but for a power adder on a street car you play alot with... boost is cheaper and way less of a pain in the ***.
Old 11-05-2009, 02:57 PM
Sxynerd
6th Gear Member

Sxynerd = Indecisive FTW, I mean FTL, I mean....

I love nitrous for track cars but not for street cars. Every power adder has it's place. I knew my car was going to see thousands of miles a season on the streets so nitrous wasn't an option for me.
Old 11-05-2009, 03:49 PM
teej281
4.6L Section Moderator

One thing i have to say is...9lbs boost out of a turbo on the stock longblock might be a tad much for it to handle. I mean the hellion single turbo kit using a 62mm turbo made 430rwhp and i think that was on like 7-8lbs. So upping that another 1-2lbs might put you past 450rwhp and thats about all the stock shortblock has in it, right? Or would it still be safe to run it up a bit more since you dont have the extra stress of the belt drive on the motor to run more horsepower?
Old 11-05-2009, 05:58 PM
GTRACER88
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Fobra
i dont know about that, with all the bells and whistles n20 is close $1k. Then factor in 50 bucks a bottle and the PITA of having to take it out and have it filled every week... I think its great for a straight drag car that you play with on the track, but for a power adder on a street car you play alot with... boost is cheaper and way less of a pain in the ***.
Well my nitrous kit was $400 new and bottle refils are 30 dollars here.. So it's a lot cheaper. Trust me, I don't go through bottles every week.

Last edited by GTRACER88; 11-05-2009 at 06:05 PM.
Old 11-05-2009, 06:03 PM
GTRACER88
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by teej281
One thing i have to say is...9lbs boost out of a turbo on the stock longblock might be a tad much for it to handle. I mean the hellion single turbo kit using a 62mm turbo made 430rwhp and i think that was on like 7-8lbs. So upping that another 1-2lbs might put you past 450rwhp and thats about all the stock shortblock has in it, right? Or would it still be safe to run it up a bit more since you dont have the extra stress of the belt drive on the motor to run more horsepower?
I honestly don't think that the engine MAX capacity is 450 rwhp. I have seen many cars above that on stock bottom end. I will be running more than that. It's all in the tune. 9 psi isn't to crazy or too much. If it blows then it gives me incentive to go forged... well eventually...

Quick Reply: I think im leaving...