4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Best intake manifold/throttle body/ plenum

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2009, 04:13 PM
kongdong
2nd Gear Member

Default Best intake manifold/throttle body/ plenum

I was curious as to which intake manifold is the best one for and 03 GT with a procharger on it? I was looking to buy the trickflow track heat and so far it's the best one from what I see. If I went with that one then I would go with the accufab 75mm throttle body.

So far from what I see the BBK 78mm throttle body/plenum seems to be pretty good and I would go for it if I didn't go for the trick flow.

I'm looking to find the best one that makes the best numbers. Thanks in advanced.
Old 11-15-2009, 09:54 PM
lizzyfan
Underboss

Search function works well, lot's on this topic
Old 11-15-2009, 10:14 PM
teej281
4.6L Section Moderator

if you get the trickflow trackheat, just get the one that accepts a cobra throttle body and cut the center out of the plenum and use an accufab monoblade throttle body. thats what i would do if you want that intake.
Old 11-15-2009, 11:40 PM
kongdong
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by lizzyfan
Search function works well, lot's on this topic
I know it does however I was also searching for numbers on intake manifolds and unfortunately could find none. I already saw the one for throttle bodies though it doesn't include the BBK 78mm.
Old 11-15-2009, 11:52 PM
teej281
4.6L Section Moderator

I honestly would not buy the 78mm throttle intake. Its not even an intake manifold. Its just a throttle body and plenum all in one. And it seems to me that you are looking for an intake manifold. Ox, god rest his banished soul, had a track heat intake manifold on his car and was making darn good power for a 2v. So if you got the money to foot the bill for an intake manifold and want the track heat, go for it. There is also the edelbrock, which is cheaper as a manifold but you have to buy aftermarket fuel rails and an adapter plate to run a stock style throttle body. But sxynerd saw some good numbers with that intake as well.
Old 11-15-2009, 11:56 PM
kongdong
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by teej281
I honestly would not buy the 78mm throttle intake. Its not even an intake manifold. Its just a throttle body and plenum all in one. And it seems to me that you are looking for an intake manifold. Ox, god rest his banished soul, had a track heat intake manifold on his car and was making darn good power for a 2v. So if you got the money to foot the bill for an intake manifold and want the track heat, go for it. There is also the edelbrock, which is cheaper as a manifold but you have to buy aftermarket fuel rails and an adapter plate to run a stock style throttle body. But sxynerd saw some good numbers with that intake as well.
I'm honestly looking for ether or. Any numbers that you know of produced from the BBK 78mm? My application is going to be with a supercharger so please keep that in mind.
Old 11-16-2009, 12:11 AM
teej281
4.6L Section Moderator

The intake manifold will probably net you more than the tb/plenum combo will but the price is larger. I mean the edelbrock intake manifold, if you already have compatible fuel rails is only 290, around the same price as the bbk throttle intake. Do you have the stock tb/plenum???
Old 11-16-2009, 12:13 AM
kongdong
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by teej281
The intake manifold will probably net you more than the tb/plenum combo will but the price is larger. I mean the edelbrock intake manifold, if you already have compatible fuel rails is only 290, around the same price as the bbk throttle intake. Do you have the stock tb/plenum???
sure do and intake manifold
Old 11-16-2009, 10:00 AM
Tim99GT
4th Gear Member

KB makes a nice manifold
Old 11-16-2009, 10:20 AM
kongdong
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Tim99GT
KB makes a nice manifold
Could you send me a link please?

Quick Reply: Best intake manifold/throttle body/ plenum