4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Autologic chip???

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2009, 04:33 PM
cliffyk
TECH SAVANT

Originally Posted by 95SPYDERKITGT
Ok so im a total newb to the tuners but heres what just happened to me i drove 32 hours in a snow storm to buy my 2000 GT and the guy cut the price in half so i was really happy about that.

When i finally got it back home i raced a few buddies in a 2000 GT auto thats tuned with an SCT x3 and has motor work with boltons. I kept up with him from a dig and beat him in rolls. Well i wanted more power and i got new pulleys and a cai so i went and got a sct x3 for my car as well.

Last night when i got to walmart the guy in the other GT was messing with my stuff and tried to tune my car with a custom tune on the tuner. Well my car wouldnt start anymore after that, so we set it back to stock still nothing. It was already 3 am so i had it roll backed to my house for 60 bucks and went to bed.

I walked outside and pulled the kick panel off and in doing so i see my ecu covered in Diablosport.com stickers i was like wtf is it already tuned? I unhooked it and then noticed under the sticker theres a black chip i pulled it out it says Autologic 2001 EEC-V on it.

I was pretty pissed cause now i new why the car ran so well and the original owner neglected to tell me about it. I text him and he says oh yeahhh it was tuned and chip put in with new engine in 03 and then with new clutch and gears in 06.

Geee thanks for the heads up man

So i went and got the Diablo Pred instead of the Sct x3 i had and we put it back to stock tune but now it smokes,wont idle and sounds like its knocking.

With the chip in it it wont run all i get is the ---------- across my miles guage then with it out it runs like this.

What should i do next?
OK, here's what happened, as far as I can tell:

The Autologics daughter board (and all "piggybacks/chips") work by memory mapping the "tune" settings on the daughter into the memory space used by the stock tune--the core stock tune is unchanged but it uses the new timing, fueling, etc. settings from the daughter board's memory.

Your friend's attempt to tune your car (with an SCT tuner?) likely screwed up the stock tune, and maybe (depending on exactly how the Autologics board works) the daughter board data as well.

You say you then got a Predator and loaded the "stock tune", however are you sure that the Predator was loaded with a proper tune for your box code? Where did it come from?

After all that I am surprised it runs at all...

Have you tried removing the Autologic board? There's no guarantee of what will happen so you might want to do this in a Ford dealer's parking lot as you will probably have to pay them to get a proper stock tune loaded.
Old 12-27-2009, 04:53 PM
95SPYDERKITGT

Originally Posted by cliffyk
OK, here's what happened, as far as I can tell:

The Autologics daughter board (and all "piggybacks/chips") work by memory mapping the "tune" settings on the daughter into the memory space used by the stock tune--the core stock tune is unchanged but it uses the new timing, fueling, etc. settings from the daughter board's memory.

Your friend's attempt to tune your car (with an SCT tuner?) likely screwed up the stock tune, and maybe (depending on exactly how the Autologics board works) the daughter board data as well.

You say you then got a Predator and loaded the "stock tune", however are you sure that the Predator was loaded with a proper tune for your box code? Where did it come from?

After all that I am surprised it runs at all...

Have you tried removing the Autologic board? There's no guarantee of what will happen so you might want to do this in a Ford dealer's parking lot as you will probably have to pay them to get a proper stock tune loaded.
I unplugged the autologic chip installed the Diablo pred back to stock tune and it smoked and wouldnt idle at all. I then unplugged the battery let it set for an hour or so and walked outside to retry it. Still smoked and smelled like gas bad and since i know it wont start at all with the chip in the ecu i left it in the house. I went a head and installed the diablo pre-loaded tune and now it does not smoke and runs great at 500-800 rpms when i hold the gas. It wont idle at all for me so im getting ready to manually adjust my idle but thats all im going to touch.
Old 12-27-2009, 04:58 PM
95SPYDERKITGT

Originally Posted by budders
^
Sorry about the hijacking i wasnt meaning to do that at all
Old 12-27-2009, 05:47 PM
cliffyk
TECH SAVANT

I unplugged the autologic chip installed the Diablo pred back to stock tune and it smoked and wouldnt idle at all. I then unplugged the battery let it set for an hour or so and walked outside to retry it. Still smoked and smelled like gas bad and since i know it wont start at all with the chip in the ecu i left it in the house. I went a head and installed the diablo pre-loaded tune and now it does not smoke and runs great at 500-800 rpms when i hold the gas. It wont idle at all for me so im getting ready to manually adjust my idle but thats all im going to touch.
There's no way to manually adjust the idle--read more here.

The PCM will do everything in its power, via the IAC and timing adjustments) to keep the idle at the speed specified in the tune (736 rpm in the stock tune)--you may get it to idle by adjusting the stop screw, but basically things are really jacked up in the tune, you need to get a known good srock tune in there.

Was the stock tune from the Predator, originally from your car or a car with the same box code?

Last edited by cliffyk; 12-27-2009 at 05:49 PM.
Old 12-27-2009, 06:09 PM
95SPYDERKITGT

There's no way to manually adjust the idle--read more here.

The PCM will do everything in its power, via the IAC and timing adjustments) to keep the idle at the speed specified in the tune (736 rpm in the stock tune)--you may get it to idle by adjusting the stop screw, but basically things are really jacked up in the tune, you need to get a known good srock tune in there.

Was the stock tune from the Predator, originally from your car or a car with the same box code?
Yeah it didnt work at all and it smokes and smells like gas so bad i drove it for a minute just down my road and it has a rough idle until like 2-3000 rpms then it just sounds terrible.

It was bought used and before my car it was on a 2004 GT 5 speed so im pretty sure its putting that cars stock settings into mine. Thats why i installed the Diablo Tune instead and now it wont even run better and when i give it gas it smokes.

im so annoyed and ready to kick my friend all over the front yard plus he laughs saying ill buy you red lobster. Hes lucky i am not some ******* and just like to fight for no reason.

Thanks for all your help Clif
Old 12-27-2009, 07:07 PM
cliffyk
TECH SAVANT

Yeah it didnt work at all and it smokes and smells like gas so bad i drove it for a minute just down my road and it has a rough idle until like 2-3000 rpms then it just sounds terrible.

It was bought used and before my car it was on a 2004 GT 5 speed so im pretty sure its putting that cars stock settings into mine. Thats why i installed the Diablo Tune instead and now it wont even run better and when i give it gas it smokes.

im so annoyed and ready to kick my friend all over the front yard plus he laughs saying ill buy you red lobster. Hes lucky i am not some ******* and just like to fight for no reason.

Thanks for all your help Clif
You'll need to get a proper tune loaded, a Ford dealer would be the best bet...
Old 12-27-2009, 10:24 PM
95SPYDERKITGT

You'll need to get a proper tune loaded, a Ford dealer would be the best bet...
Im headed there in the morning
Old 10-25-2010, 09:03 PM
booncrew

i just found out that i had a EEC-V AutoLogic 2001 chip in my car... I bought the car back in feb. of this year and have had to put money into it.. Not that I mind it was used. My question is when the dealership pulled it out today my car started to act up again spitting and sputtering at full throttle but if you ease into it it doesnt do it... Before i took it to the dealer ship it quit starting and the anti-theft light flashed none stop... what do i do to get my car back to normal back to performance????? If I try to put another performance chip in will it mess with my car?, I've read about the diablosport predator...is it what they say it is and will it help me... or am i going to have to take it back to the dealership and have them tune it back?...Help im a girl that is desperate for her car back!!!
Old 10-25-2010, 09:21 PM
cliffyk
TECH SAVANT

Was it running well with the Autologic chip installed? If so then just plug it back in...
Old 10-26-2010, 03:37 PM
booncrew

Was it running well with the Autologic chip installed? If so then just plug it back in...
It did run well with it in it....Then just last week my whole entire car shut down while I was driving it and wouldn't start again....the anti-theft light came on (flashing at rappid speed) and my odomiter read like this ---------- ....so I had it put on a trailer and hauled it down to the dealership.. they ran a bunch of test it and those all came back fine...but the car still wouldnt start so they opened the pcm and found the ECC-V chip..the dealership then took it out and the car started..but when I got into the car to drive it home I noticed it had no power, it was spitting and spurting, it just wasnt the same car... Im afraid that if I put the chip back in it, it'll shut down on me again and start acting up...