4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Im lostt!

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2009, 03:36 AM
RyanK
2nd Gear Member

Default Im lostt!

Need help bad, Im like super lost i want to get my car to 400 rwhp reliably sorry for making another thread its just I've been up all night and I need some help cause im lost on what to get to get to my goal, Now i know i need some sort of forced induction I've choose supercharger. I dont want to do a pi swap probably just a port and polish now for the psi i would need how much psi would be right for 400rwhp better question what compression ratio would i need for the supercharger on stock heads, what kit ahhhh im really lost any build threads out there on this cause i cant find any, And i want to do cams,forged internals,supercharger but its so hard to find the right stuff
Old 11-27-2009, 04:10 AM
socalwrench
4th Gear Member

Whoa, relax. I just replied to your stroker kit thread. 400hp is a fairly easy goal. If you are on a budget (most of us are), than I would go with a supercharger. I would skip the cams since you're forcing air and fuel into the cylinders anyway. The factory crank is plenty strong for 400hp and, more importantly, 400lb-ft of torque. I would upgrade the pistons and connecting rods. Keep in mind, the lower static compression ratio you use, the more boost you can run.
Old 11-27-2009, 06:08 PM
Mustang_NTriangle
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by socalwrench
Whoa, relax. I just replied to your stroker kit thread. 400hp is a fairly easy goal. If you are on a budget (most of us are), than I would go with a supercharger. I would skip the cams since you're forcing air and fuel into the cylinders anyway. The factory crank is plenty strong for 400hp and, more importantly, 400lb-ft of torque. I would upgrade the pistons and connecting rods. Keep in mind, the lower static compression ratio you use, the more boost you can run.
What is your budget and why are you set on 400 rwhp??? Why not 375-380 rwhp??? If you do not plan on going with a forged motor keep your boost (measure of restriction) < than 10 PSI on a stock motor.

To get to your numbers on a stock block I recommend you go with a blower your choice, innercooled (air to air), and 8 psi. Remember if stock motor you are much safer if you use LT headers and blower cams to reduce your overall psi and compression of your motor than just slapping 10 psi. Headers and cams give you more power with less striction or strain on your motor especially pistons and rods. You could hit your numbers without headers they won't add significant gains and are costly.

Remember 380 or 400 rwhp is soo much faster than 250 rwhp.
Old 11-28-2009, 09:29 AM
socalwrench
4th Gear Member

WTF?! Why are you quoting me? 400hp is HIS goal, not mine- LOL.

And, I was talking about 400 crank horsepower. I realized he is asking for that power at the wheels. All I'm saying is the cams are not necessary when using a blower for decent street power.

Last edited by socalwrench; 11-28-2009 at 09:32 AM.
Old 11-28-2009, 04:53 PM
boduke0220
6th Gear Member

you could do a PI swap and nitrous, since nitrous loves high compression. you could do PI cams and intake and a vortech. maybe p&p the heads too