4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Foxbody.....or not to Foxbody......

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2010, 08:08 PM
Poppajac

Default Foxbody.....or not to Foxbody......

Hello All,

For a few years I have been wanting to buy a foxbody mustang but ended up buying the 2001 Mustang GT that I have now because the car looked and ran good. Well I enjoy the car I have very much, A/C, heat, power everything, I can hear the radio play while driving, and it has a supercharger....WOOT. The problem is that is isn't the car that I was originally looking for. So I have a few questions.

I am leaning towards selling/trading this car and buying a foxbody like I wanted but I was told that I will miss the 2001 once I sell it. Other than the obvious reasons like buying an older car, what issues would I run into....ride, parts, performance, value.

As much as I would like to have one of each, I have 1 factor that prevents it....my wife.

Just lemme know whatcha think.

Poppa
Old 01-20-2010, 08:18 PM
budders
4th Gear Member

hey poppa, i think you should stick with the 01. IMO i dont really like the fox bodys, unless they have a big *** motor. If you like the "classic" stlye, GO FOR IT!
Old 01-20-2010, 08:26 PM
UBendIMend

I personally love the 88-93 foxbodies. My 98 just happen to be a deal I couldn't pass up. I hope to have a fox-body someday. If you were to get rid of your current ride, what would you plan on using the fox for? Daily-driving?...track?....a little bit of everything? Besides the appearance of the foxes, I like how light they are and how easy parts and add-ons are to find for them. I believe the ride quality alone would be quite a difference from your '01. Too bad you can't have both! I suppose I should get me a fox before I get married, huh?!
Old 01-20-2010, 08:28 PM
Mr Graystang
4th Gear Member

Anyone who says nay on a fox has never had one or driven one , I say if you can find a nice clean fox hatch/notch with decent mileage and no rust then pull the trigger and get it. Personally I love hatches and the four eye foxes , I had a 91 mustang GT for a few years and wish I never gotten ride of it , Also a H/C/I + gear combo and low weight make them cars quick little SOB's.
Old 01-20-2010, 08:32 PM
Andover Stang
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Poppajac
Hello All,

For a few years I have been wanting to buy a foxbody mustang but ended up buying the 2001 Mustang GT that I have now because the car looked and ran good. Well I enjoy the car I have very much, A/C, heat, power everything, I can hear the radio play while driving, and it has a supercharger....WOOT. The problem is that is isn't the car that I was originally looking for. So I have a few questions.

I am leaning towards selling/trading this car and buying a foxbody like I wanted but I was told that I will miss the 2001 once I sell it. Other than the obvious reasons like buying an older car, what issues would I run into....ride, parts, performance, value.

As much as I would like to have one of each, I have 1 factor that prevents it....my wife.

Just lemme know whatcha think.

Poppa

I have had a Fox and a 98 GT.Now a 98 Cobra.

Personally I like the sn95 body style and their interior.The Fox is a little
to Boxy for my liking plus there interior was incredibly cheesy.

Looks like you have a nice ride and would be really disappointed
if you got rid of it......
Old 01-20-2010, 08:37 PM
02stang2113
4th Gear Member

keep the 01 for sure... plus it looks 1546465456 times better then fox bodies...
unless u want just a drag car then get a foxbodie, cause thats about all they good for IMO
Old 01-20-2010, 08:41 PM
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

I'm not a big fan of the foxbody design, but they can be made to go like hell for cheap. If it was going to be mainly a track car i would probably do it.
Old 01-20-2010, 08:51 PM
Poppajac

I bought my 16 year old a 93 hatch for his birthday this year and he loves it. It is a 4 banger and 5 speed but it is ideal for him. I told him I was gonna buy the car for him so if he wrecked it no damage would be done. Well he proved me wrong and backed into my 2006 Dodge and honestly I was more upset about his $40 rear light for his car than the $3600 he did to my truck.

I offered to give him my 06 Dodge (fixed) for his car but will not do it. He absolutely loves that car and will not take cash nor trade for it. My youngest two sons like the 2001and want me to keep it because it looks really good and sounds good. I just keep looking at the notch and thinking I wish I would have bought one.

Maybe I will just buy a beater notch and me and the boys can just take our time and fix it up. I see these 5.0 turbo/blown foxbodys making big power and light weight and me likes. I use the 2001 as a DD but want more of a race/everyother DD :P
Old 01-20-2010, 08:53 PM
boduke0220
6th Gear Member

1. ditch wife
2. buy foxbody
3 Profit????!!!!
4. win

I'd Probably keep your car, im selling ine for a 98 cobra, but its your decision. Ive learned to never settle for something. so if your not completely happy then sell it. there was like 9 million mustangs made so you'll find another one lol
Old 01-20-2010, 08:58 PM
UBendIMend

Oh, just throwin this out there, the Fox I almost bought before I found my Cobra is still for sale. All in what you want to use it for, IMO. Probably the cleanest, stock hatch I have ever seen. It's an '88 LX hatch with 88k original miles. It looks near brand-new. Interior is immaculate and even the ash-tray door works! Runs awesome. Guy wants $5500 and it just sits in his garage....if you're interested, let me know and I can get you his number.