4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Eibach front/sway bars OR MM Panhard bar

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2010, 12:44 AM
02BlackMustangGT
1st Gear Member

Default Eibach front/sway bars OR MM Panhard bar

Having a tough time deciding which mod I want to start out with..

-Eibach Front & Rear sway bars

http://www.americanmuscle.com/eibach...4-mustang.html

OR

-Maximum Motorsports Panhard Bar

http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/...Natural-Finish

The price is virtually the same. Just need help figuring out which one would help corner better.
Thanks
Old 02-04-2010, 12:51 AM
H0SS302
6th Gear Member

torque arm/PHB

Buy sway bars last that way you can buy the best size for your application.
Old 02-04-2010, 12:58 AM
02BlackMustangGT
1st Gear Member

Ya I was thinking about control just because I just got 3.73's and want to improve traction. Have you heard anything good about the bbk? AM has front/rear for only 300 bucks...
Old 02-04-2010, 10:28 AM
Jazzer The Cat
Retired Moderator

02Black... if you want to go PHB you really need to go TA as well to do this correctly. MM recommends you remove the drivers UCA in lue of the TA installation. This is commonly referred to as the "poor man's tri-link" and don't see a whole lot of improvement over your current situation.

As for rear sway bar, this is a tuning device and would either not get one until you are completely done with ALL suspension mods, or go MMRSB (need to choose a number, so can PM me if you have questions) so it can be adjusted for understeer/oversteer issues.

Jazzer
Old 02-04-2010, 10:56 AM
teej281
4.6L Section Moderator

Originally Posted by 02BlackMustangGT
Having a tough time deciding which mod I want to start out with..

-Eibach Front & Rear sway bars

http://www.americanmuscle.com/eibach...4-mustang.html

OR

-Maximum Motorsports Panhard Bar

http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/...Natural-Finish

The price is virtually the same. Just need help figuring out which one would help corner better.
Thanks
Ok, first off list your suspension mods so we can start suggesting stuff for you to get. I mean if youre starting out with these things, i wouldnt suggest either one of them. Suspension should be done in this order...

1. Full Length subframe connectors
2. Lower control arms
3. New shocks and struts
4. Decision on spring style for your car (stock style or coilovers)

Then you want to start doing stuff like your panhard bar/watts link and torque arm. I mean if youre doing this just for the street, i dont know if i'd go past the stuff listed in the list. Maybe a STB or sway bar but other than that, thats it. Now im starting to get into auto-x and maybe some open track so im going further than the list. But good luck. Let us know the list and what youre planning on doing and we'll help as much as possible. Jazzer helped me IMMENSELY!!!
Old 02-04-2010, 11:02 AM
02BlackMustangGT
1st Gear Member

-Kyb shocks/struts
-Eibach Sportline springs front/rear

This is just a street car; I go to the track every once in a while. I mostly just want to get rid of that body roll, and make it handle faster around windey roads. I take a 15min windey road drive to my house everyday and always try and push my car to its limits..
Old 02-04-2010, 11:25 AM
teej281
4.6L Section Moderator

First off, i'd get something a little bit better than KYB's for dampers and get some more performance oriented springs. As MM states on their website, for handling they recommend nothing lower than a 700lb stock style spring for handling on the front and the sportlines are only in at 640lb at the extent of their progressiveness. So some stiffer springs like H&R SuperSport or Race springs that have the proper spring rates for performance handling might be something to look into, just because i know how Eibach springs are more visual than performance oriented. But first things first, get some subframe connectors and get some lower control arms before you do anything else. Then come back to us if you want even more performance.