4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

My CMS 2.5 blower cams

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2010, 08:44 AM
Mustang_NTriangle
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by cobra dreamer
hey man i live in ma also and i run long tubes and a o/r h with no problem getting a sticker just use the mil eliminators and you will be fine the same cams and my car lopes hard. its gotta be the catted mid thts stopping the sound also
i have my idle down to 700 and the car is stil happy and it made it sound way different than whenis is ay 850 900 try that and i bet u will be happy

also who tuned it for you (chris)? and what d you have for a tuner
It figures. Chris at MPE tuned it and I using Sniper Commando software but I don't touch it. My rpms are are 750 whatever stock setting is at.

It could be my catback since STEEDA is only slightly louder than stock... I just don't want to get into a guessing game but would love loppy idle.
Old 02-15-2010, 09:08 AM
Mustang_NTriangle
5th Gear Member

Well I might do this to try to see if I can get loppy idle back plus don't really love my exhaust setup with MRT Catted H pipe and STEEDA catback it sounds like a truck rather than muscle car.

How would a MRT Catted H pipe pair with Magnoflow Catback sound?
Old 02-15-2010, 09:20 AM
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mustang_NTriangle
Well I might do this to try to see if I can get loppy idle back plus don't really love my exhaust setup with MRT Catted H pipe and STEEDA catback it sounds like a truck rather than muscle car.

How would a MRT Catted H pipe pair with Magnoflow Catback sound?
I would venture to say that MRT catted h/Magnaflow combo would be very quiet. It would probably have a nice deep tone, but very quiet compared to most combos, due to the choice of mufflers.
Old 02-15-2010, 09:21 AM
mustangmancp
5th Gear Member

I think that a catted h and a magnapack exhaust or even just magnaflow would sound awesome! I LOVED my MRT catted H when it was on...best midpipe on the market!
Old 02-15-2010, 09:25 AM
Mustang_NTriangle
5th Gear Member

i just heard on you tube a MRT Catted H and magnaflow and it sounded really good. i just need to find out size of my STEEDA mufflers (hopefully) on-line so I can buy the correct magnaflow mufflers. I plan on using my STEEDA pipes if it will work.
Old 02-15-2010, 09:30 AM
mustangmancp
5th Gear Member

Yea thats a good idea...save a lil $$$. But i really like the motor setup you have, makes me jealous! lol
Old 02-15-2010, 09:32 AM
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

I used to have a MRT catted h, and it was awesome, but any catted mid pipe with mufflers as quiet as Magnaflows (probably one of the quieter mufflers around for our cars) is not going to have much volume IMO.

Like i said, i'm sure it will have a great tone, but don't expect it to be loud at all.
Old 02-15-2010, 09:35 AM
mustangmancp
5th Gear Member

Id get some magnapacks.
Old 02-15-2010, 10:03 AM
Mustang_NTriangle
5th Gear Member

I couldn't find any magna packs with MRT catted h plus won't packs be longer than steeda mufflers so it would require some cutting/welding to fit my existing STEEDA SSS pipes?

How is the drone with packs?
Old 02-15-2010, 10:23 AM
Mustang_NTriangle
5th Gear Member

I am assuming packs will or may make my cams sound better than magnaflows since they are straight through mufflers?

Quick Reply: My CMS 2.5 blower cams