4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

is it just me?

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2010, 06:14 AM
vanquish
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by MidNightRunner
I wonder what the suspension set up, diff gears, and wheel width will look like? Is that 400rwhp or at the flywheel?
Flywheel. Almost every time numbers are advertised for a factory car it is flywheel HP.
Old 02-17-2010, 05:48 PM
k2xsnow
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Bman2000
ive thought about that, but there are a few problems. 1. if it rains a crotch rocket is not the ideal place to be, altho a 700 hp mustang wont be the best choice, a streetable one you can at least drive carfully without getting wet. 2. you can have passengers and go fast, even your 100# girlfriend would slow down a bike by a lot, not to mention way more unsafe than being by yourself. 3. you have to wear a stupid amount of gear, or your dumb and you only wear a helmet, at least when i get out of my car i can look just as good as when im in it. 4. ive seen plenty of 10 second bikes with 12 second drivers on them. then again i guess that qualifys for cars as well. 5. light to light, a DR simple SC mustang would probebly take most bikes, takes crazy skill and alot of ***** to lauch a bike.. shall i keep going? lol plus im to lazy to get a licence for one, and if ima spend 6-12k on somthing it would be on my car not a bike anyway. but to each his own, bikes are still sexy.
Aight there's a couple points your right on but here's some for you. A nice 600 only cost about 2500 to 3500. If your a smart rider all you need is a helmet and MaYBe a jacket, which a nice jacket looks badass. If u don't have a girlfriend, any girl you take on the back of one wants to **** you right when she's gets off. And I have yet to see anyone even try and race me, I own 95 percent of the cars on the street. I have been to the track, I'd say I'm pretty good driver and run a 7.7 in the eighth mile, basically stock. Which only the badass cars beat, yeah the ones that have 10k put into them lol. Just a thought. I get the best of both worlds, I plan on turboing the stang when it's payed off soon
Old 02-17-2010, 08:40 PM
Bman2000
4th Gear Member

didnt say there wasnt good things. Altho, the safty gear really isnt because youll make a mistake its to protect you from the other idiots, in which case full gear for me, and it may look cool, but its not really dinner ware...ive raced a few crotch rockets, but just cuz i lose doesnt bother me any, mine sounds better. and just cuz i chick wants to do you cuz she gets on the back of one, you could probebly put that same girl in a helmet and go 140 in your mustang and have the same effect, most of those girls just like the danger. and if its about vibrating, bring a vibrator and call it good lol. ive been in accidents, mostly of them not my fault and i tell you now, no one looks or feels sexy with road rash. and thats if your lucky haha. and for 2500-3000 bucks, hell you may with a little searching be able to build a drag car for that, mind you purpose built and no frills lol
Old 02-17-2010, 09:45 PM
99BlackPonyGT
aka 'Negative Nancy'

people who do not ride in full gear are idiots...

hell im kicking myself because by spring time im still not going to have enough saved for some riding boots, so i will be riding in shoes for a little bit... im idiot for that, but its gonna be hot and im not walking around campus in shorts and work boots...riding boots are only like $100, so i may pick some up with my income

jacket, helmet, gloves, pants and some boots are what everyone should be riding with...hell i even got pants a size big to wear over my shorts in the summer...protection while riding and take them off when you get where youre going

also, doing triple digits on public roads is dangerous enough doing it solo...you shouldnt be doing that **** with a passenger on the bike...if you wanna risk yourself, fine...but have some awareness that other people have lives too

you sound like a typical young squid who bought a $4000 gsxr 600 and think you are the ****
Old 02-17-2010, 10:58 PM
Mr Graystang
4th Gear Member

Get a real bike like me and you wont have to worry about passengers . I agree with 99blackpony about having all the gear and if you want to impress a chick on a bike you can easily jump to 80 while she is on it and make her think your going 200 mph.
Old 02-18-2010, 02:59 AM
Snakebite64
4th Gear Member

Newer is generally better-tech
Old 02-18-2010, 09:20 AM
Mr Graystang
4th Gear Member

^^^ but is not always better , give me a older proven something then a brand new something that will have newborn bugs and cons.
Old 02-18-2010, 09:24 AM
k2xsnow
1st Gear Member

@99 lol k dad.

I hit triple digits in 4 seconds from a stop. Unless you actually own a bike there is no credit behind your words so I'm just wondering what kind you have.

I'm not fully suiting up in 100 degree weather sorry, I've been riding since I was 5 and been playing defensive driver on a bike for 5 years. Funny story, I was riding with one of my Buddy and I was going around a corner, he came up fast and I saw it in my mirror so I went wide around the curb. He came flying up and actually hit me, like bounced off the side of my bike which then forced me to go straight. Luckly there were no trees or anything so I kinda just went dirt biking for a minute. He said his throttle got stuck. I haven't rode with him in a while lol.
Old 02-18-2010, 09:27 AM
k2xsnow
1st Gear Member

Oh btw, 600s are cheap, and fast as ****, therefore they are the ****.
Old 02-18-2010, 10:21 AM
99BlackPonyGT
aka 'Negative Nancy'

i actually do have a bike, why else would i talk specifically about the pants i just bought for the bike?

and it doesnt matter how long youve been riding when some 16 yr old girl in her mommys tahoe merges into the side of you or pulls out into the intersection that youre flying through at 100+

oh well, not my fault if ya wanna be an idiot and not ride safely...not my life at stake

ride bike to get girls
think triple digits with a passenger makes you a badass
gear is for losers because youre invincible and nobody could ever pull out in front of you
cheap *** 600 from craigslist is your be all end all of bikes
like i said...typical squid

oh yea, and youre not impressing anybody with a high 4 second 0-100 time...my bike is a 650lb cruiser and it can do 0-100 is 4 seconds....people dont buy 600s to brag about speed lol...great for the twisties, but definately not the fastest in straight lines

Last edited by 99BlackPonyGT; 02-18-2010 at 10:49 AM.