4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

My Displeasure with MGW LTD.

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2010, 09:11 AM
dr.apex
2nd Gear Member

Default My Displeasure with MGW LTD.

Let me start off by saying that I'm not sure where this thread is supposed to go. I looked for a rants and raves section but could not find one. I also tried to put it in the off topic section, but I can't access it yet. So, my appologies if its not where it belongs.

Now to why I'm not happy with MGW LTD.

On Monday, 2/15, I ordered an MGW STS and paid for 2-day air delivery via my debit card. As soon as I put the order in, I was sent an email varifying all the info. Great. The next day, I checked my email again and noticed that I hadn't recieved an email with a tracking number or anything. I called to find out what was going on and was told that they would have to call me back. I waited all day, and never recieved the call. The next day, wednesday, I called again. I talked to a woman that told me that my order will not be shipped out until thursday, 2/18, at which time my card will be debited. Now today, 2/19, I finally recieved my tracking number and shipping info. The estimated delivery date is tuesday, 2/23. This, naturally, pisses me off. I ordered my part at 8am on the 15th and payed 20-25 dollars extra to have it in 2 days, but it takes these jokers 8+ days to get it to me!!
When I order something, that is in stock and it is ordered early in the morning, I expect it to be shipped THAT DAY, if not the next....AT THE VERY LATEST....ESPECIALLY IF I FLIPPED THE EXTRA COIN TO GET IT FASTER!!

Although, I'm very confident in the product, due to all I've heard about it. I think these jokers need to get their act together.
Old 02-19-2010, 09:15 AM
98redstang
5th Gear Member

did they give you a refund for the shipping? Cause that is ridiculous.
Old 02-19-2010, 09:18 AM
smitty2919
5th Gear Member

i would demand the 20-25 bucks back if it took that long. no point ot pay that in hopes to have it in 2 days, and then get it in 8....

product is great (i have one) but never had to deal with customer service...ordered it and wasnt in a hurry to get it.
Old 02-19-2010, 09:18 AM
tdcalhoun89
4th Gear Member

I'm sorry to hear this, I really like my MGW products. I have never personally had any issues with them, but it's sad to hear this. I'm going to try and be optimistic and hope that like many businesses, they ask you give them 5-7 days to ship, etc. etc. I agree though, if you are paying for 2nd day shipping, they could have sent you an email stating "we will not be able to ship your STS until this date." I don't think MGW is that large of a business that they can not meet the demand for their shifters. Then again, maybe they had some trouble with their website. Either way, I think they at least owe you an explanation and maybe an apology for taking so long in getting your STS in the mail.
Old 02-19-2010, 09:19 AM
dr.apex
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 98redstang
did they give you a refund for the shipping? Cause that is ridiculous.
no, I have not asked for one.
Old 02-19-2010, 09:24 AM
dr.apex
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by tdcalhoun89
I'm sorry to hear this, I really like my MGW products. I have never personally had any issues with them, but it's sad to hear this. I'm going to try and be optimistic and hope that like many businesses, they ask you give them 5-7 days to ship, etc. etc. I agree though, if you are paying for 2nd day shipping, they could have sent you an email stating "we will not be able to ship your STS until this date." I don't think MGW is that large of a business that they can not meet the demand for their shifters. Then again, maybe they had some trouble with their website. Either way, I think they at least owe you an explanation and maybe an apology for taking so long in getting your STS in the mail.
I can only assume that they were having some kind of problem over there because when I called, the first time, it took the lady forever to find my order info. I'm not tooooo concerned with the extra money that I paid for the 2 day shipping. It's more the principle of it and the lack of an explanation and poor service.

I just emailed them and requested a refund on the shipping. I also explained that I planned on purchasing other products from them but if they could not resolve my issue, I would go elsewhere.
I'll keep you guys posted on their reply......IF THEY REPLY.

Last edited by dr.apex; 02-19-2010 at 09:54 AM.
Old 02-19-2010, 11:25 AM
WannaBeGearHead
Go Texas!!!

Isn't the 2 day shipping based on UPS getting it to you in two days rather than the standard 5-7 days once they receive the package from the seller? So if MGW takes 3 days to get it to UPS, then it would only take UPS 2 days to get it shipped to your door, right? Unless there is a same day shipping guarantee that MGW was offering, I don't see why there is a big fuss. But if I am incorrect about what 2 day shipping means then I understand your anger.
Old 02-19-2010, 11:35 AM
dr.apex
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by WannaBeGearHead
Isn't the 2 day shipping based on UPS getting it to you in two days rather than the standard 5-7 days once they receive the package from the seller? So if MGW takes 3 days to get it to UPS, then it would only take UPS 2 days to get it shipped to your door, right? Unless there is a same day shipping guarantee that MGW was offering, I don't see why there is a big fuss. But if I am incorrect about what 2 day shipping means then I understand your anger.
It's funny you should say that. I sent them an email, and got a call from them. In a nutshell, the same thing that you just said, was explained to me.
And........
Just to make me happy and keep my business, all shipping was refunded.

I was actually blown away by this. Now that is customer service. I was wrong, but they still treated me like I was right!!

I wish I could change the title to this thread now.
Old 02-19-2010, 11:36 AM
03gt04mach1
3rd Gear Member

There was a snow storm around the Atlanta and south areas around that time. But, still you should ask for a refund. I've ordered from them and never had an issue.

Last edited by 03gt04mach1; 02-19-2010 at 11:41 AM.
Old 02-19-2010, 12:08 PM
boduke0220
6th Gear Member

i bet you feel like **** now lol, but yea i kno how you felt!

Quick Reply: My Displeasure with MGW LTD.