4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

YAN Should i buy these wheels thread.

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2010, 09:26 PM
budders
4th Gear Member

Default YAN Should i buy these wheels thread.

Hey guys, this is just another thread on your guys opinions.

So this guy wants to sell me these Saleen wheels, they have have Kuhmo Escade Z rated tires (havnt really heard kuhmo), so are they ****ty tires or what? (really looking for someones experience with this question!!!!!!!)

The guy says they have about 7k on them. he wants 700 for them, what should i say money wise?the guy is willing to meet half way.

and about how old of a rim should i stay away from? i know some chrome starts to erode, chip, peel, ect.

So should i offer him lower? i might put my own tires on this set in the spring, but only if the tires are bad.

The rims are 3 months old, not sure if the guy did 7k in 3 months or what? maybe he used an old set of tires.

The tires are 245 up front and 275 out back. All four wheels are 18x9. i really wanted 18x9 and out back, 18x10.5

This is kinda hard to pass up, and not everyday is someone selling a set like this.

Also, should i ask the guy anything else? any other questions... pretty much all the info i have i put in this thread, but if im forgetting something (witch i probably am, ask me and ill let you know).

So what is your guys opinions on everything?

EDIT: More pictures...

Last edited by budders; 03-03-2010 at 04:40 PM.
Old 03-02-2010, 09:31 PM
bopiela
4th Gear Member

those are the wheels you have wanted man!! get them. as long as they look like they are in good condition! tires will wear out regardless of brand - so ull need new ones eventually, haha. but those are what u want!
Old 03-02-2010, 09:32 PM
budders
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by bopiela
those are the wheels you have wanted man!! get them. as long as they look like they are in good condition! tires will wear out regardless of brand - so ull need new ones eventually, haha. but those are what u want!
Yes!! someone actually knows that i want these haha. And yes, i absolutely LOVE this wheel style! its just amazing in my eyes. they look so badass. gotta love em'
Old 03-02-2010, 09:43 PM
bopiela
4th Gear Member

then why r u asking us???? go get them. from the center caps, they look like wheel replica wheels - a good quality wheel. if they are 3 months old, u should not have to worry about the chrome going bad - especially if you keep them clean and maintained while you own them. the tires are a replaceable, maintenance type item. use those, get the ones u want after they wear down!
Old 03-02-2010, 09:58 PM
IEGT1015
3rd Gear Member

it might just be me but those look like 17" to me, i i dunno. Kumho's arnt the best so id offer $500 or even less. Id keep looking
Old 03-02-2010, 09:59 PM
budders
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by bopiela
then why r u asking us???? go get them. from the center caps, they look like wheel replica wheels - a good quality wheel. if they are 3 months old, u should not have to worry about the chrome going bad - especially if you keep them clean and maintained while you own them. the tires are a replaceable, maintenance type item. use those, get the ones u want after they wear down!
true ture, lol im just trying to make sure these are the set I want to keep for a while. and yes, they are replica wheels, the guy said he got em of ebay for 720 with just rims. he just agreed on 650 for the set+tires. sounds like a deal!
Old 03-02-2010, 10:06 PM
budders
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by IEGT1015
it might just be me but those look like 17" to me, i i dunno. Kumho's arnt the best so id offer $500 or even less. Id keep looking
he said they are 18x9s all around. i think they just kinda have bigger tires on them witch i dont like at all.

but dude you gotta realize, ive been looking for a used set like this in this condition for 3+ months. this is about the best ive found so far. If i were to buy them new it would cost me about 1400 bucks. so its either 650 for a 3 month old set, or 1400 new. 650 sounds more attractive to me. i mean, they are just rims.. i actually did ask if he would do 500, he wasnt to happy. we settled on 650 after coming down from a negotiable 800
Old 03-02-2010, 10:06 PM
teej281
4.6L Section Moderator

I have a friend that has a set of 18x9/18x10.5 saleen wheels and tires for sale for $900. The rears are drag radials but they are close to being shot. He needs to sell them because he needs to buy a new tranny and I might be able to hook you up. He might take lower for them if you offer it. Let me know so i can get you in contact. The guy is the guy that sold me my cobra bumper and he is a real stand up guy.
Old 03-02-2010, 10:28 PM
budders
4th Gear Member

eh, maybe. dont really need drag radials but ill keep it in mind if the other saleens dont work out pm sent.
Old 03-02-2010, 10:31 PM
lilcrate
4th Gear Member

^Where can you get 18X10.5? I have only seen 18X10. If those tires are in good condition, that is a great deal. I would buy them, they are very good looking wheels, trust me I know....

Quick Reply: YAN Should i buy these wheels thread.