4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

functional wing

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2010, 11:36 AM
DarkShadow04
3rd Gear Member

I agree 100 percent.. The cobra r wing is enormous and looks terrible in my opinion.. The only place it is acceptale is on the cobra r.. Let the stones be thrown at me I don't care lol... Your statement is completely right.. Anyone that doesn't know what a cobra r is would think that thing is rediculous
Old 03-11-2010, 12:48 PM
99BlackPonyGT
aka 'Negative Nancy'

Originally Posted by DarkShadow04
Yea I know many of the mustang guys would consider the steeds wing rice. But I don't and that's all that matters.. I think It greatly enhances the looknof my vehicle and gives it more of a race look, but I also bought the wing for appearance because I knew a lot of people didn't use it and I believe most of the other wings available for these cars just look stupid lol.. Just an opinion.. I liked the steeda wing so I bought it.. When you dare to be different you must also accept the potential critisizm to come. Good luck with whatever you choose. And I wouldn't recommend a wing based on functionality, I think if you don't like the stock wing get one that you do like the looks of.

i like your attitude man!.... gotta go with what you like, god knows ive had tons of people hate on my car and the things ive done with it, my truck aswell lol...gotta go with what youre into
Old 03-11-2010, 12:49 PM
99BlackPonyGT
aka 'Negative Nancy'

oh btw...when i bought my car, it had that steeda wing on it.... i did multiple top speed runs with the wing, and i did some without it aswell and i did not notice a bit of difference....i was going much more than interstate speeds....to each their own i suppose
Old 03-11-2010, 01:04 PM
SeanAndKate
3rd Gear Member

this fat girl leaned on my stock wing and cracked it. so i looked at the steeda wing for a while. I never thought it looked bad but i decided it wasnt for me. I wouldnt think it was rice if i saw it on a stang though.
Old 03-11-2010, 01:22 PM
DarkShadow04
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by SeanAndKate
this fat girl leaned on my stock wing and cracked it. so i looked at the steeda wing for a while. I never thought it looked bad but i decided it wasnt for me. I wouldnt think it was rice if i saw it on a stang though.
haha, thats hilarious, obviously not good for you but thats funny lol..well you have many options, could always get another stock spoiler or just plug your holes and leave it without if you like that look...but as far as aftermarket spoilers go, i think a bunch of em look rediculous, and a couple of em look good, depends what other appearance mods are done on the car...if you throw a bigger spoiler on a car with the stock hood and front bumper it may look a little funny..not sure though..when i ordered my body parts the spoiler was done first so it went on and i dont think it looked really good until the roush front bumper went on...so with that said you may want some exterior mods (bumper and hood) to balance off a bigger wing..so if you dont want to eventually mod more of the body, maybe a new stock wing or plugging the holes would be your best option...stock wings can be found extremely cheap..if you do go aftermarket you just need to be sure to find a good combo for it
Old 03-11-2010, 01:27 PM
99BlackPonyGT
aka 'Negative Nancy'

^ where do you live? i want to steal your front bumper
Old 03-11-2010, 01:39 PM
Aereon
5th Gear Member

The great thing about aerodynamics and downforce is that it doesn't matter how fast your average speed is, it'll affect your ride regardless. I've been meaning to get my car into a wind tunnel to do some string testing with some VG's so I may confirm what the steeda wing does and doesn't do later.

I don't think my car looks ricerish at all and have only been called it once from someone with cobra badges all over their v6. But WTV to each their own, the steeda wings agggressive stance on the decklid is what appealed to me, however I would have went with a termie spoiler had I found one that wasn't rediculously overpriced. All in all, I'm happy with it, if there was a change on the track during my last autox session, I did not notice because I also swapped an IRS on there at that time.. lols.

But yea, OP, get what you like.
Old 03-11-2010, 01:41 PM
99BlackPonyGT
aka 'Negative Nancy'

^ while im grabbing his bumper, i think i shall also snag your wheels...please PM me your address
2k1gt
5th Gear Member

I think the Steeda wing looks good from every angle but directly behind the car.
DarkShadow04
3rd Gear Member

new jersey, since i know ur intentions thats all ur getting haha...buy one, i got mine from stage3motorsports and it came with roush floormats that i dont use..hooray! lol

Quick Reply: functional wing