4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Opinions on some visual upgrades I think I want done....

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2010, 11:17 AM
Wifeys03Cobra
1st Gear Member

Default Opinions on some visual upgrades I think I want done....

I am thinking about (well not thinking I WILL be doing visual upgrades just not sure what) getting smoked out head lights and tail lights, I HATE the front light I have on there (bought the car with them) I would much rather have the stock ones then the ones on there. My tint is already 100% dark. Then I want to paint my rims black, paint side mirrors black and lower it (already in the process of lowering it have the front done and working on the rear).... Tell me what you think or if you have any suggestions....... Thanks!!!

Oh yeah and of course get a smaller antenna lol

Old 03-11-2010, 11:36 AM
lizzyfan
Underboss

Moving thread
Old 03-11-2010, 12:25 PM
Mustang3GT07
6th Gear Member

Well since you already own a terminator you don't need to do really any visual mods to it. It is almost a sin to really change the way a terminator looks. I say smoke out the tail lights, put stock oem headlights in, and if you want change the rims.

Go with 17x9 up front and 17x10.5 out back so this way you can put a wider tire on the rear. American Muscle sells the black stock replicas. Also do not paint you mirrors. Leave them stock. People pay big money for the stock painted mirrors. Worry about performance since the terminator already looks visually great.

As for lowering the car what kind of springs did you go with? H&R or Eibach etc? Did you also get the caster camber plates so that as soon as your done lowering it you can take it for an alignment?
Old 03-11-2010, 12:35 PM
K Z
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mustang3GT07
Well since you already own a terminator you don't need to do really any visual mods to it. It is almost a sin to really change the way a terminator looks. I say smoke out the tail lights, put stock oem headlights in,
+1. The termi's look so bad *** stock u don't need 2 mess it up. Lower it, smoke the lights and buy new rims like the one's Mustang3GT07 talked about and call it done.
Old 03-11-2010, 12:37 PM
Wifeys03Cobra
1st Gear Member

As for the tires I recently purchased Nitto 555r's and they are 10.5 inches wide. For the lowering i hate to admit it but since i just bought this car like a month ago saved up all my money to get it right now im broke as a joke so what i have lowering it are, i dont know the technical name, but it's like clamps you put on your springs to lower it (costs a total of 30 bucks for front and back) so far i have the front on and they lowered it an inch still putting the back ones on cause there not as easy to install as the package said. As for the mirrors for some reason one side is the stock with black on it and the other side is all silver i bought it like that and i want to paint the other to match
Old 03-11-2010, 01:06 PM
Mustang3GT07
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Wifeys03Cobra
As for the tires I recently purchased Nitto 555r's and they are 10.5 inches wide. For the lowering i hate to admit it but since i just bought this car like a month ago saved up all my money to get it right now im broke as a joke so what i have lowering it are, i dont know the technical name, but it's like clamps you put on your springs to lower it (costs a total of 30 bucks for front and back) so far i have the front on and they lowered it an inch still putting the back ones on cause there not as easy to install as the package said. As for the mirrors for some reason one side is the stock with black on it and the other side is all silver i bought it like that and i want to paint the other to match
I've never heard of these clamp things you are talking about. The stock mirrors are fold away and the mirror is painted the color to match and the arm part is black.
Old 03-11-2010, 01:10 PM
Wifeys03Cobra
1st Gear Member

Yeah I got the clamps at Auto Zone they actually work great. Have had the front ones on for about a week now.
Yeah i know the arm is black but my passenger side mirror is all silver which is pretty lame so I want to paint the passenger side to match the driver side.... Im guessing who ever had it before i bought it might have clipped their mirror and replaced it with an all silver one instead of one with the black arm
Old 03-11-2010, 01:15 PM
Mustang3GT07
6th Gear Member

So you got one cobra mirror and one gt mirror? I rather have stock ride height then put some cheap clamps on.
Old 03-11-2010, 01:19 PM
Wifeys03Cobra
1st Gear Member

Yup one stock one regular.......... Well the clamps work great until i can buy new springs, i have friends that have had them on their cars for years (i dont plan one keeping them nearly that long) but i would rather have the clamps then have the car at stock ride height. They have great reviews and i know people that use and love them... but your welcome to your own opinion
Old 03-11-2010, 01:23 PM
Mustang3GT07
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Wifeys03Cobra
Yup one stock one regular.......... Well the clamps work great until i can buy new springs, i have friends that have had them on their cars for years (i dont plan one keeping them nearly that long) but i would rather have the clamps then have the car at stock ride height. They have great reviews and i know people that use and love them... but your welcome to your own opinion
Yea. Was your car ever in a accident or something? Did you run a carfax on it? I just find it suspicious that it has a gt mirror and then 1999 headlights.

Quick Reply: Opinions on some visual upgrades I think I want done....