4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Help me feel better about myself...

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2010, 09:55 PM
hpwrestler220
6th Gear Member

Default Help me feel better about myself...

I go through these random modes... Sometimes i want to just spend money on my car, and then when i do, i ask myself if i really needed to do it. I am getting depressed about it haha. Do you guys ever feel like that?

For instance, i just spent like $600ish i guess idk really.

2 front tires - which i needed so i dont care about spending money on this- $230

3.73 gears/bearing kit/gear oil - did i really need this? not really but i dont even mind spending the money on these gears if they are going to make the car that much more enjoyable ~$230

Lastly, i spent $75 on a complete 11.65" mach 1 set up for my rear brakes.. Did i really need that? My brakes stop fine, i just have to push them a little harder. I almost regret making the commitment to upgrade my brakes. I just daily drive this car. It stops when i REALLY need it to. Did i have to spend the money on the brakes?

Also, i said i would commit to buying 13" front brake conversion. That's another $370 down the drain. Do i really need it? I am depressed about spending the money on something like this. But i already committed to buying the rears. so if i did the rears, i need to do the fronts IMO.

And i have the chance of buying an MM STB for a 99/01 cobra (but it should fit on my car) for $40. Should i do it? Why do i feel bad about spending $40 on something like this that should really help out my car? Why am i overthinking the fact that it will prob be annoying to put on and take off if i need to do something to my car. Is it more of a hassle than anything?

Idk what to do. I am considering just selling the brakes and starting fresh. Can anyone convince me otherwise?

Thanks for listening..

/rant
Old 03-11-2010, 09:57 PM
Sxynerd
6th Gear Member

Could be worse, you could have not woken up this morning to be upset about your car. :0-)
Old 03-11-2010, 10:11 PM
dastangman
2nd Gear Member

It's much easier to accept spending money you want to spend on upgrades, rather than spend money on fixing stuff that seems to pop up. It's like taking one step forward and two steps back with my car thus far, and then I find myself in some sort of juggle on how I'm going to justify the expenses to myself rather than just get rid of it.
Old 03-11-2010, 10:23 PM
Aereon
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by dastangman
It's much easier to accept spending money you want to spend on upgrades, rather than spend money on fixing stuff that seems to pop up. It's like taking one step forward and two steps back with my car thus far, and then I find myself in some sort of juggle on how I'm going to justify the expenses to myself rather than just get rid of it.
x2, just spent about 6k on maintenance related upgrades..
Old 03-11-2010, 10:44 PM
bopiela
4th Gear Member

are you depressed while your driving your car? buyers remorse is pretty natural!
Old 03-11-2010, 11:17 PM
Mustang3GT07
6th Gear Member

I get like you sometimes when I buy and bought all the mods for my cobra.
Old 03-11-2010, 11:18 PM
ChalknCover
Sgt. Killjoy

I have the reverse problem, I spend $500 on it, then something breaks, so I am SOL because I just spent my last bit of dough on the upgrades. Sux. Every week I just want to stick a for sale sign on this thing and call it a day, but I love it too much to let it go.
Old 03-11-2010, 11:35 PM
Bman2000
4th Gear Member

^^haha yea but i prefer it that way, i think it sucks worse spending the money you saved to make the car cool or fast on just making it worse. Like i saved up 3k and right before i could spend it my wifes cars tranny took a dump...so now im out 2k. i just shoulda spent it faster...then id have to scrounge up or borrow 2k makes more sense to me.
Old 03-11-2010, 11:40 PM
crash
BrandofPoop

Doood....wake up and relax. this is why you're an enthusiast. It's what we do! We spend money on our beloved cars. Once you get these parts in you'll love em!
Old 03-11-2010, 11:44 PM
Snakebite64
4th Gear Member

All sorts of people suffer with this affliction and spend on different items. In the end you will do the same tomorrow/next week/next month/next year. Cheers

Quick Reply: Help me feel better about myself...