4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Another order...!

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2010, 04:44 PM
bopiela
4th Gear Member

Default Another order...!

Just got done ordering a set of Tokico HP shocks and struts and Tokico 1.5" lowering springs from Cruizin concepts. For all you get, it seems like a great package and I have heard that some members have similar set-ups and really are happy with how they handle and feel. It is a daily driver, so I think it is a good set-up for that.

CC does not have them in stock though, and they said Tokico isn't in the office until Tuesday, so they may not ship til Wednesday or later

But we shall see. Hope to install them pretty soon after I get them! Should help with appearance and performance!

What do you guys think?
Old 03-12-2010, 04:47 PM
hpwrestler220
6th Gear Member

Great choice... It's going to be a great drop for your 18's... Enjoy the ride comfort and performance gain...

Your next purchase should now be FLSFC's.

IMO, install the springs WITHOUT the isolators... Just put some grease on both ends of the spring perches and wrap the bottom/top coils with some duct tape...

DO ITTTTTT. Listen to me!
Old 03-12-2010, 04:56 PM
teej281
4.6L Section Moderator

+1 to above!!! And dont forget to get your alignment done right after so you dont ruin your new tires. Then after you get that done, you'll have to do the ball joints and bumpsteer kit. But after the springs, i say gears are next in line. I like my subframe connectors but my gears did a whole lot better for the money.
Old 03-12-2010, 04:57 PM
budders
4th Gear Member

awesome man, your a few months ahead of me on doing everything lol. maybe you can help me when i get ready to buy my stuff
Old 03-12-2010, 05:21 PM
bopiela
4th Gear Member

hp and teej - what are the pros and cons of removing isos? what purpose do they serve? they must be on there for some reason? i know taking them off lowers the car a tad more... but otherwise?

budders - feel free to ask questions man. im goin through a lot and tryin to install everything i can myself to learn!

for reference, i am thinking next on the list is a catback system. im gettin the sss adrenaline, but its backordered for now. i think ima try and get that next. from there, i want to get FLSFC's. after that, im not sure. im tryin to plan it so i dont have to redo things, as u have all said...

but my mind changes a lot, haha!!
Old 03-12-2010, 05:35 PM
teej281
4.6L Section Moderator

GEARS GEARS GEARS!!! lol 3.73's since youre car is Pre-01 and has the T45 and then you wont be killing it on the highway and you can then put a blower on the car and go!!!

And the Isos pretty much are there to create a buffer between the springs and the spring perches so you dont have metal/metal contact...but the way HP suggests works very well. Duct tape will keep it reasonably quiet and will give that same cushion without all the added ride height of the isos

Last edited by teej281; 03-12-2010 at 05:37 PM.
Old 03-12-2010, 05:47 PM
bopiela
4th Gear Member

teej, im thinkin of doing the gears when i get my kenne bell (im hoping next summer!!) then i can just do all that at once with tune and all. haha. im trying to plan this out. and 3.73s are what i would get!
Old 03-12-2010, 06:03 PM
teej281
4.6L Section Moderator

How'd i know But i'd do them now. It will help your power tooth(is there such a thing?) at bay until you can get more power mods. lol gears made me fall in love with my car all over again. Then the wheels did that again...and now hopefully the new suspension system will make me feel the same way.
Old 03-12-2010, 06:06 PM
bopiela
4th Gear Member

teej, ill keep that in mind if i start not liking my car, that gears will solve it. for now, im gunna try and hold off on them!!
Old 03-12-2010, 06:17 PM
teej281
4.6L Section Moderator

Ok, but i think i found my new thing to harass you about...GEARZ!!! lol Just messin man. I cant wait til SSS comes out with their IRS catbacks. I talked to Jim over the summer last year and he said that they were in the works. i might just switch to them when i go IRS.

Quick Reply: Another order...!